• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • HB ARCHIVES: DungeonBuddy--DO NOT DELETE

Discussion in 'Archives' started by chinajade, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Aion

Aion Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

Try do the same with singular and share the results please.

2. Cylae

Cylae Member

It works well. I'll wait for an HazzDruid update, thank you :)

3. chinajade

chinajade Well-Known Member Moderator Buddy Core Dev

Hi, Tarathiel2, and thanks for the log.

Against these issues, we've opened:
      HB-2469: Dungeonbuddy: Mogu'shan Palace Heroic: Tries to open Ancient Mogu Vaults with no key available​
      HB-2470: Dungeonbuddy: Mogu'shan Palace Heroic: Sometimes forgets to loot chest after first boss​

cheers,
      chinajade

[size=-2]Ref: Tarathiel2's problem report w/log[/size]

4. chinajade

Hi, Aion,

We understand your request for level 10 entry into dungeons. To rework DungeonBuddy to use other than the LFG finder would require a significant architecture change to the bot. Considering all that development effort would only be useful for 5 VERY quick-to-obtain levels, the cost/benefit ratio cannot justify writing up the feature request.

As far as the performance problem, the team is already looking at performance-related issues. We the performance problems in HBcore to be addressed first, before we turn an eye toward DungeonBuddy on this issue. Most of the time, the first step in eliminating performance issue is eliminating any third-party components, and to only run Honorbuddy 'as shipped'.

cheers,
      chinajade

5. Lawson12

Lawson12 New Member

Hello I have a question about a setting im hoping im missing. With my recent Ban im starting 5 new accounts and running Dungeon Buddy to level not the first time I've done it. But normally I have Heirlooms and its cake. This time no Heirlooms and its rough. The Tank is pulling 2-3 groups at a time and just getting wrecked I noticed this in BRD and then now in Ramparts. Is there a setting im missing for lighter pulls?

6. Aion

Try disabling Pull More Allowed in Singular:

[​IMG]

On a side note, equipping looms on fresh licenses, while sharing same battle.net accounts is quite acceptable nowadays. Most looms cost 650g each for 1-60, with 1k gold updated to lvl 90, and you need Head+Shoulders+Chest+Legs +Weapon only. Others - Cloak, trinket, neck are optional. So in total, for 1-60 you need just ~4k gold for looms, extra 6k for 60-90.

The trick here is to use group setup, suitable for single primary stats, like:

For Agi:
      Monk/Druid tank, 3x Hunter/Monk/FeralDruid/Rogue/EnhShaman dps and Druid/Shaman healer.

For Str:
      Paladin/Warrior tank, Paladin/Warrior/DK dps, Paladin Healer.

7. Lawson12

Lawson12 New Member

Thanks so much for the info ! will take notes and of course try that. Thank you so much

8. MrPewterSchmidt

MrPewterSchmidt New Member

I'm running 4 hb + 1 manual tank through lfgs and it goes pretty smooth for the most part but every time someone dies they release and run back in. I've played with the death settings to no avail and I've looked at the manual and through singular settings. The manual shows a partybot setting "wait for rez" but in the actual party bot in the current version this option is not available and singular doesn't seem to have an option that will help me either.

So my question is -

Can you make your bot running dungeonbuddy wait for a rez from a party member and how so?

If not then I would like to put in a request for the option.

Thanks,
      CP

Last edited: May 29, 2015
    9. chinajade

Hi, MrPewterSchmidt,

When a toon dies running DungeonBuddy, it should be waiting for a period of time before releasing. It only releases when it decides a rez will not be forthcoming. If this is not happening correctly, we need to see a log from the toon that released, and a toon that survived the fight, so we can determine why it released prematurely.

Its also possible you have a plugin or Combat Routine settings that are interfering with DungeonBuddy. Again, logs would help in analyzing the issue.

cheers,
      chinajade

10. chinajade

Hi, all,

Singular should automatically disable "Pull More" while in Dungeons.

Occasional deaths in dungeons are normal. Dungeonbuddy should do just fine if appropriately geared without Heirlooms. It sounds like your tank or party may be under-geared for the dungeon. You may have to use "Specific Dungeon" and run slightly lower ones until they get geared appropriately.

cheers,
      chinajade

11. benztim6876

benztim6876 Member

If I set DungeonBUddy to farm and select all lower level instances will it run one and then move to the next one and so on. I am trying to see if it can be used to get the instance achievements. Or is there a BuddyStore Haddon that allow for that.

12. Aion

I doubt it would run them 1 by 1, instead would do the most closest one or something. But you can test this right away.

About addon, I have not seen such, so far.

13. MrPewterSchmidt

MrPewterSchmidt New Member

Hey China:

Is there a tool that I can edit paths with in a particular dungeon?

14. Macatho

Macatho New Member

ChinaJade, the poster obviously have no clue how to optimize his settings. He should simply search the forum to find those posts. It's evidently so after seeing his WoWs that use 1.2gb ram each.

15. chinajade

Hi, MrPewterSchmidt,

All the DungeonBuddy scripts are edited via Visual Studio, Notepad++, or an equivalent editor. These are the only tools used to develop the scripts.

cheers,
      chinajade

16. Fire911

Fire911 New Member

Hey i just have one question is there no option to do random dungeons i just can select None Specific and Farm :/

17. Maelnum

Maelnum New Member

Hello,

I would like to optimize 15-90 leveling for 5man teams by doing specific dungeons in a "quest-like" manner. Something like:
      - Queue for Ragefire Chasm
      - When it's completed, queue for Shadowfang Keep
      - When it's completed, queue for Stockades
      ... all the way to 90.

Of course, some logic would need to be added to check if toons are proper level etc. Where could I start looking on making this work? HBrelog tasks, Questing/PB profiles, writing a plugin or even a botbase?

Why? Some dungeons take a lot longer than others, or give less experience or are more likely to cause the group to wipe. For example, Stockades is a lot faster to do than Blackfathom Depths and you can get either if queued randomly at 23. At level 50 you can either finish lower Blackrock Depths in 5 mins (mole machine after Guzzler, jump down to Incendius and Darkvire) or spend 30 mins longer clearing Stratholme.

Right now I stop the bots when they finish a dungeon, then manually queue for best dungeon at their level range and start the bots again. Would love to automatize this a bit and also learn some C# in the process.

TLDR: How to LFG queue for specific dungeons, one after another, instead of doing random dungeons.

18. chinajade

Hi, Fire911,

Dungeonbuddy will do Random dungeons just fine. If you'll need assistance, we'll need to see a full log to analyze the problem.

cheers,
      chinajade

19. chinajade

Hi, Maelnum,

Dungeonbuddy provides no mechanisms to do exactly what you seek. Although, "Random" is a good approximation as you will keep automatically 'moving up' as you outlevel the dungeons. Neither does DungeonBuddy provide extensions for manipulating such details that a plugin could easily hook.

There is actually some danger in doing what you suggest. The gearing of party members is completely random. As such, the party may not be geared appropriately to run the current 'best' dungeon. You may need to run a lesser dungeon a couple of times to gear up the party to move on. This fortune is left up to Bliz's completely miserable random number generator.

cheers,
      chinajade

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
    20. ShasVa

ShasVa New Member

Just curious; what would it take for Blackrock Foundry LFR to be Dungeonbuddy-ready?