• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • HB ARCHIVES: DungeonBuddy--DO NOT DELETE

Discussion in 'Archives' started by chinajade, Feb 27, 2013.

1. RamGuy

RamGuy Member

In theory it shouldn't really matter. As the gear scales there shouldn't be much of a difference between level 90 greens to level 100 epics when you are doing Timewalking dungeons. One thing that is important is to have the correct stats on your gear. Most of us simply levels a 5-man botting using Dungeonbuddy / Dungeons, keeps on farming heroics and call it a day. In order to optimise the gear you should make sure that your tank, healer and dps do feature gear with the appropriate secondary stats. It doesn't really matter when farming heroics as you would normally out-gear the content after farming for a few hours, but in terms of Timewalking dungeons there is no such thing as out-gearing so it becomes important to make sure that you characters do have the correct secondary stats on it's gear and items to ensure that the gear is appropriate after it gets scaled.

If you for instance have a Warrior (Tank) you might have a few armours pieces featuring strength, mastery and critical strike. This is all good and dandy and will be more than sufficient in regular heroics, but it would be even better to have them with +bonus armour instead so getting armour pieces with +mastery and +critical strike with something that features +bonus armour instead might help a lot. And the same goes for all other classes and characters on your team.

Another thing that does not really scale are your talents and glyphs. Blizzard tries to make sure all characters from level 71 to 100 is capable of doing these Timewalking dungeons, but a level 100 character will have access to talents and glyphs that a level 71, 80, 90 etc character simply won't have access to. So doing these dungeons with a full level 90 team will cause some in-balance due to no-one having access to any of their level 100 talents which quite frankly are very powerful for most classes.

There are also specific items that are better for Timewalking than others. You will find various guides on the Internet telling you what items you should be farming for use within Timewalking dungeons. Older gear featuring gem sockets for instance is superior to regular level 100 epics due to the gem sockets not being taking into account when the item is being scaled. So having armour pieces with two gem sockets will have more of less the same stats while doing these dungeons as a level 100 epic but that's before you use the gem sockets so after putting some decent gems on those items they become vastly superior.

One thing I did in order to ensure that my botting team was running better was to replace Singular on my Holy Paladin (Healer) with TuanHA in order to get better customisation on the healing portion of the combat routine. I do often prefer to use Singular when AFK-botting dungeons as Singular tends to cause less problems compared to everything else but it's not the most efficient at times and one thing I noticed with my team was that the Holy Paladin Healer was way to conservative with the healing so it ended up struggling with keeping my Protection Warrior (Tank) alive so I ended up using TuanHA instead and TuanHA features as very easy to use slider where you can tell the bot whether it should try to conserve mana at the cost of healing, or go all out on the healing at the cost of mana and after sliding it all the way over to the right side so it would go all out on the healing my tank have yet to die and it's not like the mana drain on the healer is causing any problems either.

2. Ragoza

Ragoza New Member

Thank you, Ramguy. I changed my combat routines and upped my healing level and it's working much smoother now. I appreciate the tips.

3. emerysong

emerysong New Member

@zonehunter seeing a dungeon 2 times isn't true at all as tank heals or even dps at levels 15-70 dungeons you can sometimes skip whole dungeons and never see them once cause with full boas and extra buffs you can level pretty fast now " I have leveled alot of toons with pure dungeonbuddy"

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
    4. ZoneHunter

ZoneHunter Member

Only way I can fix it is re-write every single .CS file and i'm not gonna do it. The Bot base creator can easily add a zoneout -> zonein command to the main botbase so upon completion its allowed to turn in those quest.

Ilja Rogoff likes this.
    5. ZoneHunter

ZoneHunter Member

Here put this .CS file in "HONORBUDDY\Dungeon Scripts\Cataclysm\Dungeons" and it will fix stonecore. Debugging the other two now.

Attached Files:

6. ZoneHunter

ZoneHunter Member

Couldn't find a "CUNNING OF STRATHORLM" tried THE CULLING OF STRATHOLM though it executed flawlessly using default CR(If your not using a default CR simply disable auto targeting so that the Dungeonbuddy won't miss targets like that). Tank is set to do all the talking though. So, if you want to leave auto targeting on the DPS/Heals it wont effect it negatively.

EDIT:
      I had it run it 3 times in a row it never missed any scenario triggers using default CR.

Removing Dungeons is very very very bad because if your not running your own team. Food For Thought: you just waited 30 mins as a dps to get into a Dungeon and since you used random dungeon queue for the extra exp then you ended up in one of those dungeons that got removed the bot just leaves and now you just lost 30 mins of wait time and have to restart all over again. If it happens again after that then you just lost a hour as a dps trying to queue for a dungeon

Edit2: Ill deal with Nexus another time.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
    7. emerysong

emerysong New Member

@zonehunter Thanks for the help anyways

8. hahahehe132

hahahehe132 Member

Hi there to the dungeonbuddy team - I was wondering, will there ever be a normal WoD raid implementation? Or is there too much RNG due to raid composition, raid specific jobs and movement? You guys are awesome and keep up the good work!

9. sloppy seconds

sloppy seconds New Member

I just click continue and it works for me

10. marthsk

marthsk Member

Issues found with MOP heroics on a 5-man botting team :
      - Shado-Pan Monastery: Marks Sha of Violence completion credit as Taran Zhu and considers dungeon completed. Doesn't actually go kill Taran Zhu. Log included.
      - Temple of the Jade Serpent: Considers dungeon complete right after Lorewalker Stonestep. Doesn't kill Sha of Doubt. Log included.
      - Scholomance: Tank is stuck at gate without killing/engaging Rattlegore. If I direct him towards Rattlegore myself and start the encounter, he will then proceed as normal. When in the Lilian Voss room, he tries to run through the closed door until the fight with Lilian starts. When Lilian is killed, he loots, and Lilian's kill is considered as the last boss kill. The dungeon is then marked as completed. Log to come.

The attached log parts cover the two first dungeons. I will add more logs as I gather them. I trimmed down the fat from the other dungeons DB ran, as the runs went smoothly. I'm running on the latest HB build.

Attachments:
      View attachment initialization_hb.txt
      View attachment Relevant_log_ShadoPan.txt
      View attachment Relevant_log_JadeSerpent.txt

EDIT: Actually, all the items reported by tatersr1 do happen.
      EDIT 2: Actually nevermind, I think I fixed it. Reinstalled HB clean, no go, but after I installed the DB in ZoneHunter's sig over the stock DB, it behaves fine. Never underestimate the power of a clean reinstall!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
    11. buntcake72

buntcake72 New Member

Dumb question, but I have to put it here to keep it going. When are we getting HFC LFR? It's been quite a while since its release. I wish I was talented enough to write the scripts myself but I thought I'd just add to the discussion since the main page says Blackrock Foundry No ETA and yet those have been working for months.

12. prettygreat

prettygreat Member

Just did 1-90 on 5 characters in under 24 hours :). With RAF but Heirlooms only from 75+

13. garoboldy

garoboldy Member

Just farming dungeons... cool story bro but no. It takes days for kicks 1-100 on each toon. Running 5 accounts with RAF and no "boosting" would be 2-3days minimum for dungeons only.

14. prettygreat

prettygreat Member

Uh, no. I just did it in under 24 hours. With full heirlooms from level 1 I could do it even faster. RAF 300% exp bonus applies up to level 90 now. 5-man dungeons with RAF are the fastest way to level.

Don't talk about things you don't know about :).

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
    15. garoboldy

garoboldy Member

"the most expensive way" yes. Having to spend the funds for 5 separate accounts and then move the characters all over afterwards.

16. prettygreat

prettygreat Member

No need to move the characters over. Repeating the process 4 times will give you 11 characters on the same account all level 90 thanks to the RAF grant level functionality. So the cost is only that of the 5 accounts.

17. prettygreat

prettygreat Member

Just tried it with almost full heirlooms, took 16 hours from 1-90.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
    18. Litesung

Litesung Member

I'm trying to farm The Vortex Pinnacle and noticed that it will not loot Altairus. It seems to be treating it as a mob rather than a boss unit. My log is 12mb so I'll have to reproduce a smaller log later, but I'm testing this using a level 100 DK.

19. Maelnum

Maelnum New Member

Am I correct in understanding that Dungeonbuddy can't be used to run old raids?

For example, I want to clear Blackwing Descent on 5 lvl90 toons who are together in a party. They need to work together like in any other dungeon with roles for tanking, healing and dps so Questing botbase is not an option (?). However, Dungeonbuddy doesn't have any setting under DungeonType that would allow running older raids.

The idea was to run cataclysm heroic raids every week for some extra coin and to practice C# by writing dungeon scripts.

20. munkafan

munkafan Member

I was also wondering this.
      I would gladly help out as betatester if it is of any value.

Don't have to be fancy in positioning or even bosslogics that well. Almost everyone in LFR is plays like a retard or is on "follow" anyways :)