• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • HB ARCHIVES: DungeonBuddy--DO NOT DELETE

Discussion in 'Archives' started by chinajade, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Aion

Aion Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

For soloing old dungeons, just use the Farm option, tick the "Show all dungeons" and choose the correct one.

No matter of spec or role, it should travel to dungeon entrance, enter, clear, exit, reset instances and repeat this in loop.

2. wingsta

wingsta New Member

Ok so I am finally one happy man. I ran all mythics yesterday in the one run and completed everything (all mythics all bosses) was very happy, here is what I have found.

1) You defnitley need to be a little overgeared, on all dungeons bar one boss I controlled the highest dps so I could use and control heroism etc. The only boss I switched for was the third boss in skyreach as the heals gets out of range alot from the other toons while dodging the birds.
      2) Other than the ocassional trash wipe from my hunters barrage pulling an extra mob the only boss I had trouble with was ragewind in UBRS he just plain sux and took me 3 goes to get him down. I pretty much one shot every other boss so providing your gear level checks out Mythics are more than doable with your own 5 man team and the current heroic xml's.

A huge thanks to Aion for his help, felt like such an accomplishment that I can now farm my own valor every week without having to find a crap group :)

3. Aion

Gratz for your success story!

I would like to see your damage meters on some boss, with all dps+tank+overall damage done mark. Curious to see the overall group dps!

While approaching Mythics, I always "boosted" some under geared character, so I cannot have such success.

So far, only Docks left uncleared for me, still not passed the gauntlet before 2nd boss. Maybe because when tested it, the most toons were 10-15ilvls lower than today.

4. wingsta

wingsta New Member

Yes the docks gauntlet run died 3 times but finally got through it lol. I will right down the meters on some bosses for you next reset Aion, the plan is to now do what you suggested which is take one lower dps in each week for some much needed gear so will see the difference it makes. Post back when I get you some numbers.

5. TimeSaverZealot

TimeSaverZealot Member

Aion, any tips on what I need to adjust to force bots to jump down, following the leader, when leader jumps down, either as a shortcut or as a normal part of the dungeon run? Bots keep trying to go around the whole world of the instance, to reach the leader who jumped down.

6. Aion

Highvoltz have made great shortcut scripts in the default TheEverbloom.cs script! Go check the code there.

7. Archaion

Archaion Member

Summary: I was trying to solo farm Iron Docks and the bot kept getting stuck while attempting to exit the dungeon, pacing back and forth outside the exit portal.
      Class: Arms Warrior
      CustomClass: Singular
      Role: DPS
      Queue Type: Solo Farm, Flying to Instance (not through LFG)
      Party Mode: N/A
      Dungeon: Iron Docks (N) http://www.wowhead.com/zone=6951/iron-docks

I've attached a log, I'm not sure what's causing this or how to fix this.

View attachment 6180 2016-04-22 17.03.txt

8. Granis

Granis Member

My hunter is level 69 and when i start bot on Dungeonbuddy, the bot takes HS and then buy drinks for mana, but i dont understand why since hunter dont use mana.

9. nuhll

nuhll Member

Could you please rethink the way the bot handle bonus loot? Currently he is waiting after LFR complete until bonus loot runs out. Thats bottish and takes extra time for every raid. Mabye just wait a random time between x and x. Or just consider dungeon to be complete, you could also roll manual after you left raid....

10. nuhll

nuhll Member

Probably you enabled it under settings?

11. TimeSaverZealot

TimeSaverZealot Member

Does the party leader have to be the tank?

I ask because I have set up one tank bot, one healer bot, and 2 DPS bots as Followers, with the name of the 5th party member, who is DPS, as the Leader. However, all the bots are not following the DPS, but following the tank bot, even though the tank bot is not named as the Leader. Moreover, the tank bot, who is set as a Follower of the DPS party Leader, is not moving at all and not following anyone. What is going on?

Edit: Ok, so I figured how part of my questions: Basically, because we could not queue due to a lower party member, and because bots were set to Random Classic Dungeon, the tank didn't move, so the other didn't. So when I switched the tank bot's setting to “Farm”, he started moving and so did the other bots. And as soon as we were queuing and entering dungeons that way, the tank bot would start moving as soon as we enter the dungeon. However, part of my question remains: Why is the tank moving by himself even though he is set to Follower? And why are others following him, even though the Leader is a different party member?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
    12. nuhll

nuhll Member

Because tank is always the leading person in a dungeon, do you want a dps/heal to engage fights? ;)

13. Aion

Because the Leader/Follower concept is not related to character roles inside dungeon.

"Leader" means only this character would queue for new LFD/LFR.

It would only queue after all and only its followers are in the group.

"Followers" would not attempt to queue for LFD, since its Leader's job.

Once they are in dungeon:

The Leader will stay in the LFD till either happen first - Dungeon is Complete, Any follower leave, Dungeon is "complete" after 10min inactivity.

The Followers will stay in the LFD in similar way, until Dungeon is complete or the Leader is present in the LFD etc.

This is completely unrelated to what
      dungeon roles the Leader/Followers have!

Keep in mind:

Premade groups are not related to LFD groups, so premade Leader is not related to LFD group Leader too. since its different groups!

In the LFD group, the tank is always the Leader, if it is not, all non-tank role bots would pass the leader to the tank, no matter if the tank is bot or any random from the queue.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
    14. TimeSaverZealot

TimeSaverZealot Member

Thank you for explaining, Aion. I was hoping that Followers would “follow” whoever was named Leader, and even if the Leader is a DPS, then they don't necessarily pull mobs, but simply move within a safe distance, and the tank bot would “detect” that there is a pullable mob nearby and pull it. That's the sort of mechanic that I was hoping for, even expecting. But if that's not doable or too much trouble, then I understand now the mechanics at least. However, I recommend a adding a note about this near the Follower setting, which would appear when hovering over it or even somewhere in the same tab of settings, to clarify that Followers do not follow the leader, but always follow the tank. Thanks again.

15. TimeSaverZealot

TimeSaverZealot Member

Thank you for pointing that out, Aion. I checked Highvoltz's first post, and it seems that the script only applies to Warlords of Draenor dungeons? I was hoping for a solution that applies to all dungeons, including Classic. Does it help if I set the Following Distance in Bot Config to the minimum of 5? It doesn't seem like it. Can I somehow go below the Following Distance of 5 to resolve the issue of bots not jumping after tank? Any other solution?

16. Aion

Poke me on Discord or something.

Bots follow the Tank using HB's navigation, shortcuts with jumping or stuff does techically "break" the common navigation and use CTM and/or Jump mechanics, so the answer is "no", you cant.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
    17. grizzledbeard

grizzledbeard New Member

Is there anyway to "speed up" the follower? I'm running 2 DK's with RaF through some dungeons and the tank DK is me using just combat botbase and the DPS DK is using dungeonbuddy with party mode. Everything works but frankly, the dps is pretty much useless. He waits more than anything. How can this be sped up so i can actually run a dungeon with the dps actually killing stuff and not staying in the back?

18. Aion

Shorten the following distance from the default 20y to 5 or 10, since your follower is mele.

19. grizzledbeard

grizzledbeard New Member

I've tried that already. He will still just sit at the previous pull doing nothing. The log just spams following leader, following leader.. I was curious about the HB settings option for Ticks per second. Will that help at all? I've got a monster machine and can handle it, but at the same time i think if i crank it up too much things start to go amiss..

20. mnorbieu

mnorbieu New Member

hi !

there is any sript for Hfc lfr ?

thank you