• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • HB ARCHIVES: GarrisonBuddy--DO NOT DELETE

Discussion in 'Archives' started by chinajade, Apr 17, 2015.

1. chinajade

chinajade Well-Known Member Moderator Buddy Core Dev

2. chinajade

Issues & Dispositions

[size=+1]Open Issues[/size]

• HB-2229: GarrisonBuddy: Profession Support
      • HB-2230: GarrisonBuddy: Option to disable opening Salvage crates

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
    3. zeldrak

zeldrak Well-Known Member

Hey Apoc, does this bot use a lot of LUA? Back when the tripwire bans were going off people were attributing the bans to the garrison management bots. Is this one safe to use? Just curious about these things.

4. Apoc

Apoc Moderator Staff Member Moderator

This bot uses very little Lua. In total, there are about 8 Lua functions it uses. (Mainly related to mission starting and completing, and work orders)

It also includes some other Lua to make the UI not quite so finnicky.

All calls have been confirmed safe.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
    5. Volleybalk

Volleybalk New Member

This is friggin amazing, lol. I actually learned from this that the mining coffee stacks, lol. Ty for such a good base.

6. zeldrak

zeldrak Well-Known Member

Thank you for clearing that up, good sir. I will be looking forward to using this when it hits the release version of HB. I don't use betas, so I'll be waiting until it's in the release.

7. chinajade

Hi, Zeldrak,

I think you missed the fact it is released (.783 Release notes). :D

cheers,
      chinajade

8. tia1979

tia1979 New Member

OMG how awesome is this! :D Im so gonna go back to garrison stuff :D

Will this do automatic trapping and harvesting lumber etc?

9. Apoc

It currently will not harvest lumber, or trap things for you. It's on my todo list once I finish up enchanting and inscription things.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2015
      Lashley likes this.
    10. tia1979

tia1979 New Member

Cheers! This is gonna be awesome :p

11. virtual

virtual Member

Apoc, can you add JEwelcrafting daily please, None of the garrison bots have done this yet.

Also can you give us an option to disable opening salvage crates. ( this can fill bags up so fast and mailbox will back up)

12. Giorgosfl

Giorgosfl New Member

As i can see the bot doesnt give work orders for Elite traps in Barn building
      and also doesnt navigate properly in my buildings it stacks almost in every building walls

13. Myminime

Myminime New Member

Very awesome!! great work!
      I found issue: conflict with masterplan addon when start mission.

Is possible add option to disable buyng material on tradin post? now I have removed all buying reagent...

14. highend

highend Member

Wow, this one is doing it's things fast...

Please, options for:
      - Disabling of opening crates (or options of what to do with their content. E.g. I personally sell all green items, all blue (but keep boes over > ilvl 600), keep all epics)
      - Disabling of upgrading followers (I want to do that by hand and the botbase in it's current state isn't very successful (see the note at the end))
      - Disabling of doing missions (I have to admit I haven't tried to use it yet but there are so many factors that I include on each mission run...)
      - Disabling of automatically buying things at the trading post (without removing _all_ items from the list). I look at the guild bank to see which items are running low and buy things depending on that criteria...

Note regarding followers:
      But it isn't actually applying any updates to this follower because it can't, he is at ilvl 675 for armor and weapon already^^

Mailing items would be very appreciated, e.g. I send all ores, herbs, leather, fur, etc. to one specific char and keep a base set for each character on his bank (but their bags clean of it).

Let me rephrase it: It's incredible fast of handling all that stuff!

15. wiggam

wiggam New Member

Great work getting this up.

How far down the to-do list is profession support?

16. matt84

matt84 Member

Firstly, amazing how quickly this does things like minging and herbing etc...
      I was also having this issue with followers, it also missed 3 nodes inside my mine, missed opening 2 mining carts.. that aside and ontop of whats already been said

- Disabling War Mill / Bunker Work orders completely, all my followers are already 675 and i have so many horde iron scrap, i dont want it wasting garrison resources.
      - Disabling / Limiting Mining Coffee use, stacking up to 5 everytime is very wasteful
      - Ability to select what daily Profession missions i can do, like i have max alchemy on a few toons but i only do the crafting on one toon and mail all mats to him i dont want other toons wasting the frostweed

Edit - also Disabling Trading post work orders completely...

for the War Mill / Trading post i completed removed all their work orders etc... but they still put in work orders, so not sure.

17. Apoc

Added an option for opening salvage items.
      Added an option to disable follower upgrades. (Also fixed the max item level bug! Woops!)
      Added an option to disable starting/completing missions.

All of these fixes are in the next beta build.

I'll rework the trading post buying stuff, but you can simply set "Resource Minimum" to 10001 to disable purchasing that type of item. I'll simply add an "Enabled" field to make things easier.

The bot uses the same Mail logic as all the other built-in bots. You may want to disable mailing of items in GSB itself if you have a specific way of doing it. I probably won't be adding more complex mailing logic any time soon.

18. Apoc

War Mill/Bunker daily quest can be disabled in the settings window. (Under the War Mill/Bunker tab) You can disable the actual work orders itself by changing the values in the Work Orders tab (the War Mill value is set to keep a minimum of 500 garrison resources on you by default. Simply bump this up to 10k to disable it entirely) Again, I will add an "Enabled" type thing for work orders.

The mining coffee usage is the way it is, because it gives you the most benefit. There's pretty much zero reason to ever keep it on you unless you're currently mining stuff down there. So the bot will just use what it has (up to 5 stacks) and keep your inventory clear. I'm not sure why you would want to save any of it (the sell price is abysmal tbh)

The bot does not do daily profession stuff. I decided to leave this up to other things (such as a quest profile if you so choose, etc). This bot is meant to handle your Garrison, not your tradeskills.

Could you please send me a log of it missing the nodes in your mine? I haven't seen it miss any yet (except for 1-2 that Blizz purposely plants in walls which are impossible/extremely hard to get to)

19. Apoc

What exactly is the conflict? I have tested it with MasterPlan enabled (since I know a lot of users do use that addon) and it works fine. There is some issues with MasterPlan's UI not fully updating, but missions, etc, are started properly. I'd suggest running the bot without the addon enabled just to be sure things work correctly. (We don't really try to work "with" addons, as it causes nightmares quite often for us.)

20. matt84

matt84 Member

The coffee thing, max of 2 is fine, if it uses 5 everyday it runs out faster than it gains them then there is no benefit.. 2 to 3 max gives ample runspeed increase without comprising the fact that you'll completely run out and then have no run speed benefit, others might not agree, but i prefer to have it everyday then run out and not have it some days.

Log attached below, it only did it on my druid, none of the other 6 toons i've used it on so far, so it may have just been an isolated incident.

as for profession stuff, got it.

Attached Files: