• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • HB ARCHIVES: Honorbuddy Profile Pack--DO NOT DELETE!

Discussion in 'Archives' started by chinajade, Sep 8, 2013.

1. chinajade

chinajade Well-Known Member Moderator Buddy Core Dev

Hi, Stevendesignz,

Wullie is spot on with this—your Honorbuddy installation is damaged. You should do a 'clean install', and can find the instructions here:

Since your problem is not profile-related, if you continue to have problems, please follow up to the Support forum. The Support forum will need to see your full log attached to provide assistance.

cheers,
      chinajade

2. chinajade

Hi, Vendetas,

We have no plans for this at the moment.

cheers,
      chinajade

3. chinajade

Hi, Azidtrip,

In v2754, Tagar Spinebreaker has been added to the AvoidMobs list. The actual responsibility of avoiding the mob is part of Honorbuddy?there is nothing additional the profile can do to assist in the task.

cheers,
      chinajade

[size=-2]Ref: Azidtrip's bug report w/log[/size]

4. azidtrip

azidtrip Member

Woot. Thanks's for the quick fix. I noticed it been added when updating with tortoise. Thanks sir. :)

5. chinajade

Hi, Azidtrip,

We need to see the full log to assist with issues like this. Please see our article about Reporting Problems or Seeking Assistance.

cheers,
      chinajade

6. azidtrip

azidtrip Member

7. chinajade

Hi again, Azidtrip,

This quest has changed a couple of times. I can't tell if the problem is currently a profile error, or an issue with Honorbuddy's <Objective> element. As such, I'm not comfortable trying to make a 'blind fix' on this issue. We'll have to get a toon back into the area to make that determination and a repair.

In the meantime, I've captured your issue to Known Bugs List: BC 58-70. Thanks for the report and log!

cheers,
      chinajade

[size=-2]Ref: Azidtrip's problem report
      Ref: Azidtrip's log of problem[/size]

8. chinajade

Hi again, Wullie and thanks again!

Also, thank you for the expository! Without it, the log would not have been sufficient to even begin analyzing this problem.

Here's what we believe is happening:

• The InteractWith does its job of interacting with the NPC.
        The result of the Interact with the NPC causes a quest dialog to pop up with the word "Continue" greyed out.
        I don't know if this is a bug or 'feature', but I believe you are supposed to close this dialog box, Interact with the NPC again, and the word "Continue" will no longer be greyed out.

Since the initial interaction completes the quest, InteractWith terminates without closing the dialog.

• The profile issues a TurnIn directive.
        Normally, when turning things in, Honorbuddy will:
        • If no dialog is currenly open, Honorbuddy will interact with the NPC to open the (expected quest) dialog.
        • If Honorbuddy is looking a non-quest dialog, it will close the dialog, and interact with the NPC again to get the quest turnin dialog.
        • If Honorbuddy is looking at a quest dialog, nothing needs to be opened, so Honorbuddy tries to turn in the quest directly.
        The problem occurs because Honorbuddy is _already_ looking at a quest turnin dialog (with the "Continue" button greyed-out). So, it doesn't close this dialog--its the dialog that it is looking for.

Honorbuddy has no way of knowing that it needs to close and re-open the dialog for the "Continue" button to become enabled. Instead, Honorbuddy is standing around waiting for the (greyed-out) "Continue" button on the existing dialog to become enabled (which it never will).
      So, why is it broken now?
      Honorbuddy used to retry (forever) interacting with an NPC, closing-and-opening dialogs until it saw what it wanted to see. The result was sometimes people awoke to find their Honorbuddy had been continuously opening-and-closing a turnin dialog all night (usually due to bad profile directives, or cache corruption issues). This continuous opening-and-closing of dialogs concerned users, as such behavior can be observed WoWserver-side.

In the last few months, the TurnIn logic was reworked. So, now it just stands there, if its got the expected dialog, and will eventually AFK out. This turns the previous "bot like" behavior into behavior that looks like "Mom's calling for dinner" (and the user just walked away at a turnin).

I know this new Turnin logic causes issues in a few quests (like this one). These troublesome quests seem to appear more in MoP than anywhere else. I'll need to talk to the Development team to see if the problem can be address in HBcore, or are we going to have to write a new Quest Behavior, and reflow a few profiles.

In the meantime, I've captured your issue to the Known Bugs List: MoP 85-90.

cheers & thanks so much again!
      chinajade

[size=-2]Ref: Wullie's problem report w/log[/size]

9. Wullie

Wullie New Member

Hi, and thanks so much for taking the time to explain things, it's really appreciated.

Your analysis of the issue sounds spot on, and indeed there was a grayed out "Continue" button.

I agree that things need to be done carefully, especially when inside a while loop like that, to avoid the endless open-closing of interaction dialogues. Like you suggest, this is probably best addressed via HBCore, or even as part of the InteractWith logic.

In the meantime I can think of a way we can fix this particular quest though (and any others that I come across with the same issue).

If we modify the profile as follows:

Code:
      <While Condition="((HasQuest(30080)) && (!IsQuestCompleted(30080)))" >
      				<CustomBehavior File="InteractWith" QuestId="30080" MobId="58376" CollectionDistance="1000" X="-324.2101" Y="-863.3698" Z="120.1054" WaitTime="2000" />
      <If Condition="IsQuestCompleted(30080)">
      	<CustomBehavior File="Misc\RunLua" Lua="CloseGossip()" />
      	<CustomBehavior File="Misc\RunLua" Lua="CloseQuest()" />
      </If>
      			</While>
      		<TurnIn QuestName="Finding Yi-Mo" QuestId="30080" TurnInName="Yi-Mo Longbrow" TurnInId="58376" X="-324.2101" Y="-863.3698" Z="120.1054" />

(Note the added WaitTime on the InteractWith.)

The idea behind the If block is to prevent this opening and closing behavior if something's gone wrong, since we're inside that loop.

Let me know your thoughts?

10. chinajade

Hi again, Wullie,

I was in the process of writing a quest behavior to close all dialogs. As, I've a suspicion we're going to bump into a few more of these again.

But, the straight-forwardness of your solution was just too appealing, and its been folded into v2757. I'm going to remove the problem from the Known Issues list, as I'm relatively confident the problem is now solved.

Thanks again!
      chinajade

[size=-2]Ref: Wullie's quest fix recommendation[/size]

11. Spano

Spano New Member

I found a little bug here: Character get stuck doing this quest and don't advance. Happends in the 3 quests that you need to break the wood, the little chain of the 3 times you need do it.

Code:
      <PickUp QuestName"Unyielding Fists: Trial of Wood" QuestId="29987" 
      GiverName="Master Bruised Paw" 
      GiverId="56714" />
      <Objective QuestName="Unyielding Fists: Trial of Wood" QuestId="29987" Type="KillMob" MobId="56738" KillCount="4" />
      <TurnIn QuestName="Unyielding Fists: Trial of Wood" QuestId="29987" TurnInName="Master Bruised Paw" TurnInId="56714" />

Information about Master Bruised Paw
      Name = Master Bruised Paw
      Wowhead Id = 56714
      Faction = 35 [Friendly]
      Location = <278.6444, 1960.973, 164.5152>
      <Vendor Name="Master Bruised Paw" Entry="56714" Type="Repair" X="278.6444" Y="1960.973" Z="164.5152" />

Attached Files:

12. chinajade

Hi, Spano, and thanks for the log and additional information!

The profile is working just fine...
      [15:15:20.666 D] Activity: Moving to interact with Master Bruised Paw (id: 56714, dist: 12.9, TtB: 47s)
      [15:15:22.750 D] [InteractWith-v719(debug)] Interacting with 'Master Bruised Paw'
      [15:15:22.755 D] InteractDebug:657799688
      [15:15:22.780 D] Interact Done:657799688
      [15:15:24.418 D] [InteractWith-v719(debug)] Interact with 'Master Bruised Paw' succeeded.
      [15:15:24.712 D] Activity: Gossiping with Master Bruised Paw
      [15:15:24.786 D] [InteractWith-v719(debug)] Selecting Gossip Option(1) on page 1: "I'm ready for the trial of bamboo."
      [15:15:24.815 D] [InteractWith-v719(debug)] Gossip with Master Bruised Paw complete.

The problem is with your Combat Routine. Go back to Singular and all should be fine.

cheers,
      chinajade

[size=-2]Ref: Spano's original post w/log[/size]

13. Wullie

Wullie New Member

Questing in Kun Lai Summit now. Level 89.

There are a few quests completed around the area where a "rare" elite spawns inside a building.

The elite doesn't seem that rare as my previous toon through here (a mage) and the current toon (a warlock) have both encountered it.

The mob is: Zai the Outcast - NPC - World of Warcraft

The issue is that, for clothies at least, with the default CR (Singular), they are getting ganked by this mob a lot. Generally the warlock is quite smooth for most things, but I've just watched it purposely pull this mob and get killed 5 times in a row.

Was hoping it could be blacklisted.

I suspect that when the quest profile was done originally these areas were more populated, and perhaps the rare wasn't up at the time. (It's easily soloable by a real player).

14. chinajade

Hi, Wullie!

In v2758, Zai the Outcast is on the AvoidMobs list in Kun-Lai Summit.

cheers,
      chinajade

15. Phyxios

Phyxios Member

Can I skip a quest? I need to get this leveling done but my guy cant do a quest (cant click on NPC or the bulletin board apparently)

so I want to skip it.

Goal: Picking Up Quest - Proving Your Strength : QuestID - 10479 : To - Warden Bullrok : ID - 18407

16. chinajade

Hi, Phyxios,

It sounds like you are suffering from cache corruption. This article contains the instructions for getting it cleared up:

If you continue to suffer problems, please see: Reporting Problems or Seeking Assistance.

cheers,
      chinajade

17. Phyxios

Phyxios Member

it seemed to fix itself after like an hour and me leaving to do 2 quests and going back.. omg that was annoying.. lol

same level for like 4 hours cuz problem after problem...

18. Bigboom

Bigboom Member

Am I not suppose to start this in the middle of a zone? Started it in the middle of uldum and its trying to go back to the start.

19. Jacan

Jacan New Member

Questing "sealing the way" in deepholm has an issue, will not use the item and instead runs back and forth around the npc

these 2 quests need a fix, they are going to get people flaged or reported as they both don't do anything but run back and forth and look 100% bottish

20. Bigboom

Bigboom Member

[UseItemTargetLocation-v501(error) @line 537]: ItemId(62508) is not in our backpackBot Stopped! Reason: None Given
      Starting the bot!
      Currently Using BotBase : Questing
      Changing current profile to [Fly][A - Quest] Twilight Highlands 84-85 [Kick] ($Rev: 2722 $)
      [Profile Message]: Compiling Twilight Highlands Quests
      [UseItemTargetLocation-v501(error) @line 537]: ItemId(62508) is not in our backpack
      Bot Stopped! Reason: None Given

This is during the quest to put out fires in "Welcome Relief" in the Firebeard's patrol area. It will throw a bucket and then stop.