• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • HB ARCHIVES: TheBrodieman's Profile Compendium--DO NOT DELETE

Discussion in 'Archives' started by chinajade, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Donkishot

Donkishot New Member

The Black Prince Rep farm profile works very bad. It keeps attacking Mighty Devilsaur (useless level 90 elite) or other mobs that don't even grant Black Prince rep, like Zandalari Beastlord for instance.

2. thebrodieman

thebrodieman Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

Works very bad because it kills mobs that match the same faction id as those that give rep. Yeah that's a pretty strong argument.

Try moving to southern beach of island, and restarting.

3. Donkishot

Donkishot New Member

I supposed that the profile was only targeting specific mobs ID that granted reputation. My bad.
      Will try at the southern beach.

PS: Get off your high horse. I never meant to insult you or your work.

4. twolf

twolf Member

Very Special aren't ya ?

5. thebrodieman

You know what? That's fair. I'm having a stressful day at work, and I took it out on you. So for that I apologize.

Tell ya what I'll try. When I first made that profile, avoidmob didn't work...almost at all. Now we have blacklist. If I get a spare moment tonight, I'll pull some ids off wowhead, and blacklist them from pulls. It won't stop the bot from retaliating, but it will stop it from seeking them out. No guarantees on tonight or tomorrow, but I'll put it on my list.

6. plester

plester New Member

FYI, I continually crashed trying to startup your plugin using your directions in the OP. The first handful of times I received an error stating that it could not update even though there was an update. Whenever I would click the plugin's settings, HB would crash. Eventually on the last reinstall, it updated for whatever reason, and seems to be working fine now. That being said, if you have an SVN repo, you might want to link it in the OP so people can download the most up to date client, and possibly avoid all the crashing I was experiencing. Other than that, this seems like an amazing project, and I can't wait to take it for a spin. Thanks a lot for all your hard work and time!

7. BotOperator

BotOperator Well-Known Member

This bug is still in and very annoying. Looks extremly botish. Can you please check again?

8. thebrodieman

The auto update feature is in so that an svn link is unnecessary. With a proper installation, it works perfectly (minus those that use p r o x y servers). I don't see a reason to switch back to relying on users to update as they go. This way you always have the most up to date version.

9. plester

plester New Member

I completely understand, and you're right. I didn't realize there was an issue with using proxies and HB/your plugin. What I will state is that it does work with proxies just fine once it's updated. So maybe having an SVN link available for the initial download might help some people out. :)

10. thampfi

thampfi New Member

bot want to move to the caves at the top of the hills in Valley of the Four Winds but he calls the ground mount

Attached Files:

11. thebrodieman

Looking into changing target distance to near melee range so bot will always engage at close quarters. Unknown results on certain classes (I.e. Hunters with disengage) and no test bed. Will post when profiles are reworked, as all hotspots will need to be redone to accommodate for smaller targeting range.

12. plester

plester New Member

If you pushed out this update already, I can tell you that hunters aren't targeting anything at the moment, unless the char is attacked. Feels like it's only attacking mobs that it runs over and aggros. Also, it's pausing for 10-20 seconds after looting chests. Is this intended?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    13. thebrodieman

I have not pushed any updates yet.

Judging by the description you've given, I assume you are running Timeless Isle Coin Farm on a fresh character. Right now, it's collecting chests. While it is getting the ones you have not yet done yet, it will not actively seek combat. The delay after each chest is because sometimes we might not have grabbed the chest (be it combat, movement, bad click) so it will attempt to open the chest repeatedly until the server returns that the hidden quest tied to said chest is complete. This takes anywhere from 10 to 45 seconds, and is controlled by WoW. Unfortunate delay, but the way it's set up at this time, it is guaranteed to open each chest.

14. plester

plester New Member

Yep, you're absolutely correct! Was about to reply and say that it seems to be fine now. I just wasn't aware that's how it worked. Might want to link your post that you just made in the OP near the Timeless Isles portion so people like me aren't potentially thinking they're doing something wrong. :)

15. Hungrydane

Hungrydane Member

Any idea why my bot wants to do the Sunreaver Onslaught PvE dailies from the starter place rather than the end place where i am at atm?

I've only gotten it to work once by asking it to do PvP ones first, as Horde PvP aint supported i then asked it to do PvE and it worked.

Do i need to do it like that everytime or am i doing something wrong?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
    16. Akuma88

Akuma88 New Member

Is there a way to use youre grinding profiles without the questbot?
      Im from germany so i cant use the questbot anymore.. :(

17. thebrodieman

Unfortunately, all the "grind" profiles use questbot as they contain lots of "if not here, then go there" logic, additional quest support, and turn in logic for certain items.

18. Anaxilae

Anaxilae New Member

Bot stopped due to quest halting behavoir

Hey m8, awesome work so far! I am trying to run the plugin but get the following error. I basically followed all the directions, clicked on Kalimdor and then I get this. Any ideas?

Changing current profile to Kalimdor Memory Block ($Rev$)
      [Singular] info: Pull Distance set to 100 yds by Questing, Plug-in, Profile, or User
      [Profile Message]: Scanning for Kalimdor Memories...
      [Profile Message]: Animus reports 100% syncronization. No unexperienced memories detected. Halting Animus (until linked parsing can be established).
      Bot stopping! Reason: Bot stop requested by Halt quest behavior.

Attached Files:

19. thebrodieman

Most likely the issue is that one of your other characters already has the achievement. I've noticed this bug lately. Even though your current character does not have the achievement, HB sees it as already having it. I recently made a change to how it parses through all the areas too, which should fix that issue. I will need to make a change to the over all achievement to make sure it parses it correctly from the actual loremaster achievement. I'm not home atm but this fix will be pushed soon.

EDIT: Fix is in. And also, your version of HB is out of date.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
    20. Anaxilae

Anaxilae New Member

Wow thanks for the crazy quick fix! :) I will check it out when I get home.

Yeah I know my HB is out of date but I keep getting errors when I try to use the updater, not sure why