• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • HB ARCHIVES: TheBrodieman's Profile Compendium--DO NOT DELETE

Discussion in 'Archives' started by chinajade, Dec 23, 2012.

1. thebrodieman

thebrodieman Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

I need to double check that "growing" truffles and "collectible" truffles are not the same ID. If so, I'm converting this quest to either objective or CollectThings to allow for hotspots. Just need to be careful it doesn't go base jumping.

2. zacho96

zacho96 Member

i would love to see a gui in the plugin to choose which dailies the profile does/ does next. that would be amazing.

3. thebrodieman

The plugin controls spell avoidance and interaction assistance. It has no control over what profiles to load or quests to do.

4. ripglider

ripglider New Member

First off, your (and anyone that helped) profile is the shit. I do very little in WOW myself anymore before it gets too boring to sit here. With your profile doing the dailies for me I'm exalted with almost every faction. I got the added rep item to get the toons that need to get exalted some extra rep while doing your dailies. So thanks a lot for your awesome work. I'm assuming I use questbot for the Lost and Found profile. Is there anything special I need to have for it to work? I haven't tried it yet but figured I'd ask. Sorry if this was answered somewhere else. I did a search and it showed this thread.

5. thebrodieman

All my profiles are questing ones, unless otherwise specified. You don't need anything except MoP flying to use it.

6. ripglider

ripglider New Member

Thanks. Will give it a try in a few minutes.

7. Zardoz1

Zardoz1 New Member

Hi buddys. Perhaps an improvement.
      Fraction: the Anglers. Quest Armored Carp and similar. There?s no need to use the harpoon to get the questitem. It?s enough just to kill the unlucky fish with a normal skill and loot. ;)

8. xaq

xaq New Member

Brodie,

I received an interesting error today - NOT your fault, but perhaps could be eliminated, or chances minimized with some renaming/reorging

the bot crashed complaining about the length of the path of the file that was attempting to be loaded when calling "loadprofile.cs" - said it needed to be 248 characters or less - I put all of my profiles in the same tree consisting of

c:\users\123456\dropbox\HB\CustomProfs\

so i use 39 characters of the limit in just my hierarchy, which means at some point it was trying to load a file that added 211 characters or more to the path name. I eliminted the problem by moving my brodieman trunk up one level (\HB\ rather than customprofs) but be aware you're nearing maximum string length for file names in some cases.

-XaQ

9. xaq

xaq New Member

Donated... you've saved me far more time than the small donation I sent (25$) but thank you! :p

10. xaq

xaq New Member

quick update, I noticed today, and this is a trivial but when you're doing tillers you open the cooking window and never close it...

11. amputations

amputations Active Member

It looped the farm-daily for me until I realized I had to have a free slot for the daily-crop, that made me feel stupid. Thanks again for sharing this!

12. thebrodieman

I apologize for the absence. Dead Space 3. Enough said. :)
      That, and Nor'Easter Nemo. I hate snow more now...had my car buried, and had to spend all of sunday digging it out. Not fun when your job requires you to be there, no such thing as a snow day...at least the cops could have drove me in, that woulda been interesting ;)

Again, I apologize for a lack of updates since 534 came out. WoW is down for regular maintenance at the moment, so I have only been able to do some small things until I can get in this afternoon/evening (if I'm available, I'm on call).

So far:
      All QB pathing should now be fixed (was unaware of the huge change of organization on HB's part)
      Alot of QBs were added and updated, I will be converting to them as I test them (i.e. Shado Pan, Laosy Scouting).
      I am aware that Riding the Storm is not included in my profile set. I will be adding it as soon as I can review the QB code and implement it into my set. I haven't seen the quest since long before I started the project so I had clear forgotten about it.
      VICEJAW -- I hear that he works better now but I am aware there are botlike issues...(firstly it is a bot) but also I think there is some redundancy between the plugin and the QB now. I will review the avoidance measures and see if the plugin can have it's Vicejaw section removed.

COOKING -- I hear some people are having issues with the cooking: What UI are you using? I hear that some Custom UIs have issues with it. Do you use one that modifies the crafting window? Or your whole screen? Also I'm aware it leaves the window open...not sure why as I have 2 commands to close it at 2 different times, yet it doesn't perform either. (But if i do a /run command in game it works fine...more testing coming)

Thanks to everyone for the support. In return, I will now get back to the supporting...of...the thing...yeah.
      KCCO!

13. jhoudlette

jhoudlette New Member

Not sure if its HB, as the issue just started since restarts on tuesday. HB wont start any of the questing profiles. stays stuck on 'loading profile' until the character dc's from inactivity. ive tried loading every profile, and downloaded a fresh HB and still stays stuck at 'loading profile'.

the profiles have been stellar all around though:)

edit: must be HB as i have seen many other posts with same issue, HB stuck on 'loading profile'

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
    14. thebrodieman

The Lost and Found achievement profile is completed. It will be updated with stops for Riches of Pandaria eventually, but for now this covers the 28 rare item pickups across Pandaria.

15. CyberTuck

CyberTuck New Member

There is an issue with the "[Rep] GL PreReq [Brodie]".
      When starting the Quest 30635 "Killing The Quilen" the Questgoal is to kill 9 of the Quilen (MobID 59971). This is done correct so far but the Bot is going to return the Quest with just killed 8/9 Mobs.
      I have testet this with 4 Chars and the same on all of the. Had to kill one by myself, then it worked again.

Maybe it could have the reason in the Condition:

There are some spaces after QuestId="30635" if you look in the file in notepad. Can this be an issue?

16. thebrodieman

No the issue is an extra ! That was pointed out to me this morning. It will be fixed in r80.

17. Savant

Savant New Member

Hi, love your work !

I'm having an issue with the Lost and Found profile in that I am finding the items and getting credit towards the achievement, but the item is not looting.

Apparently this is a known bug on Blizzard's side of things and I got one item restored by putting in a ticket but I don't want to make a habit of it in case they look into things a bit further.

According to Wowhead this is caused by looting the item when either in combat or mounted, or for moving away too soon before it actually grants the item.

Is there any way you can add in a few safeguards to avoid this happening ?

Thanks

18. Tasmanian

Tasmanian New Member

I just started "To All The Squirrels" but he only flies around.

19. thebrodieman

Did you install the CrittersAchievement plugin and turn it on?

20. Tasmanian

Tasmanian New Member

Good argument, thanks xD

Hmm... i have no permission to download it??? Why??

vBulletin Message
      Tasmanian, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
      If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013