• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Heal bot that targets players

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by dilbog, Nov 14, 2015.

1. dilbog

dilbog Member

Hi guys I am looking for a pve heal bot that will target players instead of enemy's, I know Oracle 2 use to do it and it was a great feature that made a healer look like one and not a bot or having to make excuses like you use mouse over macro ect..

2. Peterrix1607

Peterrix1607 New Member

I dont understand why you need it to target people?? when I play by hand.. I dont target people.. i target the boss.. i use the addon Vuhdo :p its click to cast based addon.. =) hope it helped you..

3. 17N

17N New Member

he already said why. read again.

4. dilbog

dilbog Member

Hi and thx for the reply, I also use Vuhdo addon when playing manually but even with a mmo mouse (rat 9) I cannot bind all spells to Vuhdo thus I would normally spend most of my time targeting players using target of target macro's for anything to do with the boss. The issue is a healer in my guild got called out for being a bot I am a officer and stood up for him but he got reported and tbh it's not the first time I seen it happen. I use to love using oracle 2 as it looked like a real healer, sure you can get away with more in normal/heroic but in mythic players tend to notice more. just thinking about covering my own ass more than anything. My thinking is the logic is there and being used already to cast the heals so why not use the visual to see what your actually doing.

5. 17N

17N New Member

I bought a healing profile recently that didn't target players that it healed and for the very same reason I stopped using it.

In terms of programming it should be extremely simple but I never bothered to ask the author. In reality I shouldn't need to ask.

6. frosticus

frosticus Community Developer

this sounds more like a butthurt raid member lashing out because they got beat on the meter. honestly, mouseover macros have been the norm since the beginning. way before addons did it for us.

maybe if you posted your healing cr one of us could figure out a solution for you. i know the healing cr i use has the settings for that on the front page.

but in reality, no healer should ever be called a bot just because we dont target players, or face the target. healing itself doesnt require facing or targeting.

you are either dealing with ignorance of how healing works, or there is some other reason for the callout.

another thing, expanding on what Peter said above, i rarely target anyone but another healer or the boss. most of the times im targeting another healer so i can see when they cast their cds.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
    7. dilbog

dilbog Member

The healer in question did not perform that well and was a trial so he was on all our radar anyway but thats getting off the point.
      I am using tuanha shaman atm what CR are you using?

8. frosticus

frosticus Community Developer

im using leaves.

9. MoreCox

MoreCox Member

Honestly what serious raider target's teammembers to heal them?
      If someone calls you out for being a bot because you do heal with mouseover, this person is just plain dumb in my opinion. I would rather think one targeting a player is a bot than the other way around because it's so much faster with mouseover.
      Think of it that way : targeting players requires one more action or click PER heal , which really adds up in the big picture.
      As a shaman? okay maybe not that big of a deal, but take a look at druids, who do you think is faster in rejuvenating all up? the one with mouseover or the one which clicks and then put a reju up?

If you are getting called out for not targeting just tell them you healed as druid back then and learned the valuability of mouseover macros and show them one or two like those :

PHP:
      #showtooltip
      /cast [nomod, @mouseover][nomod,@playerPurify Spirit
      /cast [mod:shift,@mouseover][mod:shift, @playerUnleash Life
      PHP:
      #showtooltip
      /use [nomod,@mouseover,help,nodead][nomod,help,nodead][nomod,@playerRiptide
      /use [mod:shift, @mouseoverhelp][mod:shifthelpnodead][mod:shift, @player]Healing Surge
      or tell them you use a grid based heal interface like vuhdo which also allows healing by mouseover.
      I myself do not bot as a healer, but heal with mouseover since starting out healing in WotLK.
      Imho most people calling out other guys bot, do also bot themself. It's easy to spot if you know what to look for, what you most likely do, if you do it yourself :p

10. Lipstick

Lipstick Member

Leaves for Resto Druid I remember had the option to turn on visible targeting. Never used it though as I, when I play without the bot, use mouseover macros to play. So I never target players either, feels unnatural.

11. mekrenon

mekrenon Member

Funny, I would actually stop and ask a healer if they know how to use mouseover macros or one of the popular healer addons if I saw them targeting people to heal them.

12. dilbog

dilbog Member

I know what you are saying but the fact is IT does look fishy if a bot only targets enemy's as most players I am aware of DO target players some times as you flat out need to because you can not bind everything to vuhdo ect. I am not saying you do it every heal or suggesting it you need to read the posts again as this is not the point of this thread.

Thx for your input though.

13. MoreCox

MoreCox Member

Well for me it does look fishy if a Player is targeting his teammembers to heal them, because most of the healers I know do in fact heal with mouseovers, vuhdo, grid, etc.
      I also do not understand why you cannot bind everything? if you can bind something to a key, you can bind it to vuhdo aswell, you can even bind custom macros to vuhdo, so it's either a setup problem on your side or something else, but definately not vuhdo.

As I said I myself do never, never ever target my raidmembers to heal them, I do always have the Boss targeted for interrupts / damage or just to see how much mana/energy whatever he has to know if a certain phase of the fight starts soon

Also the Point in my Post was the following : You gain performance in using mouseover heals, because you literally do double the actions if you need to click the target first.
      And you are right, this is not the point of your first Post which was asking for a routine which does target the Player. I can read and comprehend what you are saying, i was just trying to help you defend yourself if you are getting accused of botting because of the reason you are not targeting players.

Also you already got your answer for the routine, which would be leaves. I guess this is of no help to you as you do play shaman. I would suggest telling your problem to the author because all we can do here is discuss :/
      And as already been pointed out in a Programmers point of view it's merely 1-5 lines of Code to add, since all the logic is already there, so it shouldn't be to much to ask for.

Cheers, MoreCox

14. mekrenon

mekrenon Member

Yeah, I haven't clicked on people to heal them since freakin' Vanilla. Target the tank or the boss for ToT purposes and don't worry about it.

Anyone claiming you look like a bot for not targeting people is fucking bad and should feel bad and you should shame them for being an idiot.

15. tatersr1

tatersr1 New Member

100% agree with what everyone has said, nearly anyone healing heroic or above will have mouse over macros or clique or vudhoo etc and never need to target a raid member.
      Most likely they were called out for another reason, an example might be "auto buff" as it's so easy to spot, if I'm ever in an LFR I enjoy clicking off my buffs constantly to see the bots auto casting raid buffs non stop mid fight.
      I suggest you just talk to the CR author they might be able to add it for you if it requires little work. Watch any live stream of high end healers I doubt you will any clicking x person and then there keybind. it's far more efficient to shift left click on frame or ctrl right click etc etc

16. HBfanboy1980

HBfanboy1980 Active Member

problem stems from the person not being prepared to answer to the accusation. He probably can't even write a mouseover macro and on top of that he healed badly so he can't even use his routine.

drop him like a bad habit, and tell him to educate himself to a minimum level if he wants to "heal" that way.

I've been asked this exactly once since I started HB. I was prepared with a link to a website with every macro a Paladin could ever want or need for any and every situation. The issue never went anywhere after that.

17. jcl8866

jcl8866 New Member

It's hardly an "excuse" to use mouseover macros. Mouseover macros is a far superior and faster way to play by hand.

18. comyn

comyn New Member

This kind of question usually comes from those that have absolutely no experience with healing. Targeting people is not something that happens often by high-end raiders for a couple of reasons, almost all of them have something that binds most of their super important spells to their mouse clicks + modifier keys (clique, vuhdo, etc) or it comes built in to their raid frames (i.e. Healbot). Having a CR manually target the target of a heal is a -very- bad idea. This is going to cause anyone watching your target to instantly see that you're a bot. You're just not going to go that spastic (even with just a raid frame like grid or stock) with targeting of heals. Every time the CR decides to swap targets/cancel early/etc, it's going to swap to a new target usually. This is going to end up happening much, much faster than a player can do in heavy damage situations.

19. UnkownUserName1

UnkownUserName1 New Member

Wait, i have to target people to heal? I dont think i have targeted someone since BC. Healbot (addon) all the way.

20. ShadowMonkey

ShadowMonkey Banned

I didn't read any further into this forum because I didn't have to. You could just say you are using grid and vuhdoo and done. Thats probably the most popular healing add on out there, and I know that some of the others require you to just click + alt or another combination and it will castheal on targeted player(whoever's portrait you clicked on). The bot targeting people might make it look MORE bot like, as you are switching targets like a child with ADHD and a few pots of coffee down. Most healers should have the enemy that is being targeted focused as well, to let you know what is being cast and how soon (cast bars) or for power word: solace.