• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Hiding "The Honorbuddy" from "The Warden"

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by bross30, Jun 13, 2014.

1. bross30

bross30 New Member

G'day lads,

I've been botting all day today (with small breaks) and reading up on ban reports and blizzard's counterattack. So far so good with honorbuddy, I've only been using it for questing and am avoiding the hell out of BG'ing and Gathering with the bot to avoid those player reports as I suspect even a couple might cause a GM to examine my RAM data/processes and swiftly ban me.

I saw this post by user "torlec" on 05.09.2013, 01:00am state that:
      "You can encapsulate game in VM and hide HB process.
      For ex. - Driver to Hide Processes and Files - CodeProject [1] or .net - Hide a process from Windows 8 TaskManager - Stack Overflow [2]

[1] Driver to Hide Processes and Files - CodeProject
      [2] .net - Hide a process from Windows 8 TaskManager - Stack Overflow

Original Thread: "https://www.thebuddyforum.com/honorbuddy-forum/130679-blocking-blizzards-ability-scan-your-ram-possible-3.html"

If warden will scan your RAM looking for patterns, obfuscation will be a nice countermeasure.

But all this solutions will slow-down the bot and cause anti-viruses to scream at you."

I am thinking about trying these methods and am posting here to see if anyone else has employed methods like these. I am very interested in just how much these solutions slow honorbuddy down.

I do think it's wrong that they can scan our processes outside of WoW.exe and it is very likely that even as I'm botting now Blizzard have already been long aware of having Honorbuddy open on a schedule over the past week (I usually just dungeon dive to 80 or so so it might raise alarm bells in that department too).

Also, would spoofing the name of the Honorbuddy application help in any way? It would also spoof the name of the process in task manager so it isn't known as well by the detectives [GM's] at blizzard. If we called it some common tunnelling software names like "TunnelBuddy" it might throw "The Warden" off our trails at least a little. I might also look into renaming the .exe without effecting how the application runs.

They COULD be waiting for us to interfere with another player's game in any way shape or form. I'm just using it for levelling and getting back some of my life haha.

Let me know if any of these ideas are plausable. Just food for thought. I will post results in a couple of days.

Kind Regards,
      Bross30

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
    2. Giwin

Giwin Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

don't worry, just play the game.

3. bross30

bross30 New Member

I probably am using them on an account that I am worried about, but I am an unemployed high school student, and will not be able to afford to fork out another 200 dollars for WoW if I get banned :(. I'm willing to try anything that will even have the slightest chances to decrease chance of ban.

tl;dr, for me there is no such thing as an account that I don't want banned.

PS: Does anyone know what the success rate of careful botters are? How many members do we have banned vs. unbanned that have been using for over a month being extremely careful?

4. Giwin

probably best not to bot then

5. bross30

bross30 New Member

I'd rather not play at all haha Just going to get some alts to level 80ish before draenor hits. I think it is fairly unlucky to get banned and then given no further warnings anywho, especially when the GM's can see that I have done enough grinding for one lifetime without bots involved haha. Accounts that a bought and then shoot straight up to 90 in a week probably raise a few suspicions as well.

6. Tony

Tony "The Bee" Staff Member Moderator

there is no reason to hide HB process

7. bross30

bross30 New Member

Does WoW's warden not scan for known processes? Or does it just look for additional ram that has attached itself to WoW. I guess your account has to be under investigation to even have this done right? Otherwise we'd all be instantly banned right?

8. awakenz

awakenz New Member

just bot and accept the risk, there is no 100% safe on botting, if you thinking about botting about main account, think twice, getting banned on main account is really a heartache, even worse than getting dumped by an fugly girlfriend :)

if you want to bot for profit (selling gold etc etc) you should grab an extra account only for botting purpose, as for leveling, 5man raf dungeonbuddy is fine too, i leveled 30+ chars to 85 (all bchest accounts) and havent got banned (yet) while leveling

:)

9. bross30

bross30 New Member

Yeah haha just going to use the bot for exclusive levelling and be really careful. It's about the safest you can be sources tell me. I do like to see honorbuddy has more success stories overall than ban reports (as far as I can tell). I'm fairly certain if I get banned and say I was only doing it for levelling, not effecting any other players or the economy I'll have a 72 hour ban instead of permanant ban for the first offence. Hopefully I'll get my life out of my lifetime session ^^. Thanks to all that replied.

10. namednoob

namednoob Community Developer

Not sure why you're worrying about hiding the process do you honestly think that you can't reveal a hidden process? Take as example what Aion did with their 64bits process, further on, check the ban section and you will see that probably more than 50% of the banned members bot unattended and for extensive period of times when not 24/7/365, some do very risky things like dungeon buddy with only 2 accounts and so on.

Just play smart and you should be fine.

11. solo1420

solo1420 Member

Blizzard can ONLY scan memory addressed by Wow.exe, PERIOD. It is illegal to scan outside of that.

12. hackersrage

hackersrage Member Buddy Store Developer

$200 ??? holy cow -- did you buy both Special Ultimate expansions ?

I pay no more than $5 for WoW itself ... that takes me up to and including Cataclysm with 1 month of free game time. I have seen that as expensive as $20.

Then to go from that up to Warlords of Draenor which includes a free 90 boost, is another $69 ... so tops.... $89 ... or on the low scale, $74. If you are paying $200 ... I would strongly suggest just buy the game direct.

Also, this bot is "safe" --- been doing it for years now. If you fall asleep and leave your bot running for 16 hours while sleeping in, then the acocunt deserves to get banned (a bit harsh, i know... sorry). Let me explain that : When using any tool to automate something that is important, you want to watch it to ensure that you can correct it WHEN -- not IF -- it fudges up. Watch the character move, quest, etc... and if it does stuff that you wouldn't normally do that can not be charted to just making a mistake (like spin in circles for 3 hours straight, or mount and dismount in the city for hours, or attack a mob, then when it's near dead... run away, or ... loot one mob, then leave the loot on the next 400 on the ground) ... these are things that if blizz doesn't notice -- other players are bound to catch on and report you.

Botting is NEVER 100% SAFE, and is less than 20% Safe if left for periods of time unsupervised. Watching a movie -- tab out every 10-20 minutes to check up... have to use the bathroom... fine... but if it's gonna take 2 hours, stop the bot first.

13. ryanh

ryanh New Member

Yet another moron claiming this without backing it up. I'd be willing to bet that you won't actually be able to provide anything even remotely supporting your claim.

I really wonder, what are these mythical countries where RAM pattern scanning and antiviruses are illegal.

14. Giwin

very few reverses exist for wow on these forums, most of which don't want to waste their time by explaining on the thread as to what warden does and how they protect against it.

just take it as they're selling a paid product and don't want their customers banned, that should be enough.

15. macedawg

macedawg Member

warden cant scan outside of the wow process. it just will not happen. major privacy breeches and potential lawsuits etc. remember that what you are doing is no way illegal, but if they were to scan your pc outside of the wow process, that would be ILLEGAL, as in breaking real world laws.

16. ryanh

ryanh New Member

Read my earlier post in this thread:
      Also, if you had any idea on how warden functions, you would be aware that it in fact does scan things outside of "WoW process".

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
    17. namednoob

You ask others to prove their points but you don't prove yours, that is self contradictory. Not asking you to prove anything but if you read back on your own words:

18. ryanh

ryanh New Member

So you want me to prove the lack of existence of laws preventing warden from accessing areas of memory not allocated to wow.exe? Why does that not seem logical.

19. namednoob

Perhaps you missed the above.

20. ryanh

ryanh New Member

You're implying that I should somehow back up my claim of there being no evidence supporting these claims. Why does that seem fairly ridiculous?