• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • High Population Realm VS Low Population Realm

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by sainter222, Oct 2, 2010.

?

Which population realm do you like 2 play.

1. Recommended

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    2. Low

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    3. Medium

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    4. High

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    5. Locked

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    1. sainter222

sainter222 Member

Hey guys just wanted to hear ur opinion on which server you think is BEST.

When i say high pop realm i mean a locked realm and when i mean low pop i mean the recommended realms with the lowest poop.

High population realm

Advantages :
      Disadvantages:

Low population realm

Advantages:
      Disadvantages:

----------------------

Let me know what u think the pros and cons are and i will add it to this post.

2. tristan3103

tristan3103 New Member

Medium:

Advantages: Steady prices, Always more demand than my bot can supply and not too much other farmers AND Goldprices are always on the higher average

3. thebluefish

thebluefish New Member

Servers really differ too much to be able to categorize them like such. I've seen high-population servers be both really good and really bad. Generally I find many more people botting on them, so you're going to get more competition.

I defiantly wouldn't go with low population servers though because the demand simply isn't high enough. Regardless what high prices you can charge, if you aren't pushing product through, then you're going to start having an overflow of excess goods. It might work if you split your time between a handful of low servers, or were pushing out a bunch of different items. You might also find a server where nobody is farming saronite, which means you could gain a decent bit of gold through that.

The general rule of thumb that I'm using is to find a server that has a high demand, and a stable economy. From what I've seen, the servers which best fit this are actually medium-population PVP servers.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2010
    4. anonuzer1

anonuzer1 New Member

And for this reason I wish GB allowed you to run the same CC's that HB allows!

5. tristan3103

tristan3103 New Member

Agree with u

6. galleone

galleone New Member

More players on your realm will result in a higher demand to e.g. Herbs/Minerals, but also to gold , so there will be more farmers. Usually you will still be able selling enough on high populated servers.

Low populated servers are not good if there are too many other bots.
      But if you manage finding one with a monopole of really few players on the Herb/Minerals market, you can really get a lot gold.

7. thebluefish

thebluefish New Member

Low populated servers also have a generally lower demand in the gold market. I would rather earn 10k and sell it for $2/k on a higher population realm rather than earn 20-30k and only get something like $0.80/k (you need to sell more to get the same profit, which leads to a higher risk, for almost no gain).

8. butane

butane New Member

Low pop=hard to sell shit, but when you do sell, you get more per item.

9. sainter222

sainter222 Member

Thanks for all ur responses guys. I think the way to go is, Bot on one realm one day, then give it a break, then bot on the other realm.

So i am not overloading ah. A few months ago i farmed about 4 bank tabs worth of herbs and i was even trying to get rid of them at only 50% ah value and they just WOULDNT BUDGE !

10. Boobie009

Boobie009 New Member

This is just not true, I am on a low pop server, with 4 decent pve guilds, as in the nr 1 guild is like the nr 1080 guild in the world thats how bad.

And simply because of it being a lowpop server me and 1 other guy are the only bots, yet the demand is high enough for both me and him to never have enough to supply. for example 5 people have been chasing this insane title for ages, so I have been selling my herbs for a long long time pretty much the same second I harvest them(you get my point I hope).

One thing that is really a disadvantage though, is that no gold site is willing to buy my gold rofl, so all I can hope for is private buyers, friends of friends of guildies of friends for example:p

11. Gunmetal

Gunmetal New Member

Med-High RP server...almost no bots, plenty of demand (not sure about demand for selling gold)

12. alexf

alexf New Member

Recommended and low rocks for lvling

13. po3ion

po3ion New Member

Medium Server Because It isnt So full All the time And Its Easy To bot :)

14. jdizzy2010

jdizzy2010 New Member

on my high pop server all cata ore sells between 9g-19g a stack. herbs are the same way except for heartblossom which sells for 35g a stack. i am farming bc ore now cause it sells for a lot more.

15. jdizzy2010

jdizzy2010 New Member

just because you play on a server that does, does not mean that someone else is automatically lieing....

16. Giwin

Giwin Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

Best is locked especially for Auction House botting, things sell so fast and the prices changed rapidly it's easy to make a profit.