• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Honorbuddy Bans Statement

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by bossland, May 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Hordebegone

Hordebegone New Member

thanks aion i just didnt see any threads saying any updates good to know been botting for years and this is the very first serious ban wave ive ever seen so just wondering if its worth it or is HB days numbered?

2. Soeski

Soeski Member

In your case I think it's wise to stop, yes. If you just now realise you're 28, you need to grow up and thus stop playing, then by all means, stop. The ban wave has made you realise you have a problem or slight addiction at least. Good for you :)
      I myself am grown up, enjoy the game, have work and a social life, play sports and do not think WoW is boring at all. Yes, it has become more easy. Suits my casual needs perfectly.
      I already have a new account and continue casual playing (botting hehe).

3. wearloga

wearloga New Member

I've had a friend stay over for about two weeks. He was botting in the background while I was playing. His laptop had broken down, so we shared my computer. Granted, this will not generally be the case, though.

4. radarlove

radarlove Member

Omg, I have botted for over four years. Made a lot of gold, and since three months i stopped playing/botting temporarily due to finishing up my master-studies. I didn't get a ban, and will be able to play again in the summer time :)
      Lucky me :D

5. romibaer

romibaer Member

cool Story bro ^^
      same here but stopped cause of RL - also not banned
      hope hb will be back soon

6. Angellol

Angellol New Member

Lots of people mad their accounts got suspended. Try losing 50+ accounts. Now I'm in the process of boosting more and getting them to level 100 before honorbuddy is back up and running. I look at it as when the suspensions are over I'll have maybe like 90 accounts lol xD At the very least I get them geared and sell em for $100 a pop. You do the math :p
      There always is a bright side, you just have to not be a whiney bitch and find it :D
      And some may say we'll yours is just a level 100 nothing done to them, well I did have a "main" account which had 2 700+ toons on it that I used for selling heroic blackhand kills. Anyways the reign on Illidan shall come back!
      -Leader of the Illidan market ;)
      p.s No I do not have an Asian gold selling website lol. It's all for the fun and trading/sselling on epicnpc and playerauctions.

7. namook

namook Member

Yepp you will join me in the next wave.

8. webhond

webhond TEMPORARILY MUTED

lol ur a com. developer, not a mod.. stay in ur corner plz.

9. yoparata

yoparata Member

Brilliant idea Tripwire, the issue is that I stopped botting 1 week before Tripwire showed and and still got banned on 2 of my mains :(
      I guess Tripwire is Not 100% safe as they can go back in time.
      Thanks anyways and cya all in 6 months time :(

10. Whisp

Whisp New Member

Is that all they go for these days...surely its just not worth it...I stopped mid-late WOTLK because the margins got tighter...is this including stripping off the majority of the gold?

11. Canintheman

Canintheman New Member

Ofc there is a lot of people that will stop play..however there is also quite some that will pay for a new account or multiple and then start over with new subs + the pay of the games.
      Not to mention all the subscriptions that last 6 months which probably will not be returned (atleats people do something about it)...personally mine ran out 15 days after the ban, I guess I should make them work for this and claim my 15 days returned in money, I have never bothered to read all the rules of this game so I don't actually know if I can "demand it" anyone know ?

Appeal is definitely not working for me, they just cancel my tickets, call me listen to me say this is a closed matter and hang up....live chat the same.

Ye this is in my opinion for sure a Detection considering how I used bot, and Im glad that I see Developers also think too, which makes me trust in this and use it again.
      It for sure sounds like they got mad over their los in court ROFL.
      As other people im sad that my characters is gone for now, but I knew it would happen some day...and there is just never a good day to get banned is there :O)

12. Angellol

Angellol New Member

I have a guy that I buy a WoD account + lvl 90 boost + 30d gametime for $30 each.
      Once I get the account, I boost and get the character to 100. By then it has 10k (with kicks 90-100 profile) gold on it, and 28 days or so of gametime left. So that's a $70 profit off of a BASIC level 100 account. Others see it at. Plus with the gametime on it that's what sells it. If I wanted to make more each account. I could literally spend only a day on botting 615/630 gear or PVP gear to sell the account for an extra 20-30 bucks. And all I have to do is open honorbuddy and hit start :)
      Ez profits
      Try it yourself, buy a wod account + gametime + 90 boost for 30-40 bucks, level it to100 sell it for 100 2 days later. gg :D
      oh and while that's going on, there's 30 other accounts doing the same thing, or farming gold lol :) I do alright ;)

13. Aion

Aion Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

The update messages from Tony are spread so far, but steady. The bot is down for 6 days and 22 hours so far, but if someone remember, we had more longer downtime around major patches and expansions in the past. Especially when the Expansions got live (Excluding WOD, since it came on-the-fly without new client patch) the downtime was usually from 10 days to two weeks.

But If anyone have noticed, not a single Core Developer is hanging or giving support on the forums these days, so they are definitely working on the Honorbuddy issue!

14. Angellol

Angellol New Member

The longest was just UNDER 2 weeks, for the release of MoP. Questing was just fucked at the 2 week mark :p It was better at week 4 or so
      I have seen HB updates before. I bet these guys can knock this out by next week sometime. Unless this was more serious than a entire xpac update, which I doubt.

15. Trixiap

Trixiap Member

As I can see, you wasn´t here during Cata release... month without HB was funny :D

16. JUANNY

JUANNY Member

TBH the biggest obstacle the HB core developers are facing is the fact that they have no way of knowing what blizz used to detect the bot. So at best all they can do is change how the program hooks into wow and change other things under the hood and hope for the best. Once they are able to update the bot users should use extreme care and would still be at high risk of detection. I was banned 2 months ago when we had those tripwire events and i was only using HB for raiding heroic BRF, in my honest opinion i have the gut feeling that HB was detectable for awhile but blizz held off on mass banning til they caught enough botters and were motivated to bring down the hammer by their loss in court.

EDIT: Also depriving Bossland of his revenue stream from sales probably played a major role in the mass banning if for no other reason of the fear factor to all the bot users

Last edited: May 20, 2015
    17. raptor88

raptor88 New Member

No one remembers that tripwire event? most obviously that's when you were detected.

18. Angellol

Angellol New Member

There was a beta that you could use like a week and a half after cata. So TECHNICALLY it wasn't more than 3 weeks since it was usable

19. Dre

Dre Member

I only used HB from the 1st-6th of the month. I was bored of WOW to start with and used the money for token option to pay. When the game wanted to download the B-net updates in those 6 days I knew something was up. Well what almost 2 weeks after I got hit with a bann with the reason of automated movement.

Now using my experience with Blizzard I have a failsafe excuse which they would not accept this time although the agent did put me on hold to see if he could bypass but in the end it was the IP showing a place in the country I live and not a completely different country bouncing around that sealed the accounts 6 month fate.

This being said even if HB was back up in the next day or so I would not use it for a few more months unless the dev's are sure what was detected and how, and if I did use it I have to double check my windows is blocking the outgoing "tattle telling" messages to B-net as well as make sure whatever VPN is not reporting anything anywhere near me. Mac ID's I always thought was a bit of overkill but maybe not.

And to think the only reason I found and started to bot was all the false bann's I got when I was legit mining and herbing.

20. Trixiap

Trixiap Member

No, account that was online during Tripwire wasn´t banned, because I wasn´t botting last 2-3weeks on it

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.