• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [Legal] Honorbuddy to be not allowed for sale in Germany, if Blizzard pays ...

Discussion in 'Legal' started by bossland, May 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. BotOperator

BotOperator Well-Known Member

I agree to Bonatist and I also believe that this is the reason we have not seen a big wave since a long time. Also bots are subscribers and banning them you do loose those + the ones stop playing then because prices go up or they need to start farming with their mains ago but don't want to. If they ban 1 million bots they will loose 2 million players I guess. (Just an example!)
      But let's see what happens............

2. CooyDK

CooyDK New Member

so cant germans not just buy it from fx a British site instead ? Just as an exampel?

3. kravitz

kravitz New Member

Lol!!!! Wow has been dying the first day it was released! Blizzard doesn't count ACTUAL paying subscribers, they count how many accounts are signed up and make ludicrous claims if there were no bots they would have and retained every subscriber they have had since the day Wow was announced to the general public, which is a load of bullshit. Every individual has their own right to discontinue their subscription with Wow, besides Blizzard gouges its customers for monthly subscriptions and additional services. How many of these so-called subscribers were "trial" accounts? Etc... Etc... Blizzard obviously loves thumbing their own bumhole.

Regardless of the fact, there is absolutely no way around exploiting a game. Period. There will always be bugs and whiners, because they had not discovered it first or they're just plain stupid. A game is a game, it is not real life and if Blizzard wants to treat it as such, then they ought to be providing it's consumers royalty checks for referring other subscribers and for long term returning customers. Monthly subscriptions fee's not once have gone down, which they should have.

4. fertzi

fertzi New Member

2202 chars, 0 punctuation - makes me a sad sad reader :p - sorry for beeing off topic XD

5. B00sted

B00sted New Member

... im kinda lost as to why you are even on this forum with the above statement ...?

6. Corleone

Corleone Well-Known Member

I wonder if there's a Plan B?

7. klepp0906

klepp0906 Banned

Do the math, they are already millionaires several times over lol

8. klepp0906

klepp0906 Banned

Not true. Everquest was 10x as hard and some and it didn't have whiners. Totally different demo though. The minute bliss started dumbing down the game to attract kids, this is what they, and unfortunately the entire mmo genre ends up with. Blizzard bred a monster. $$$$$$

9. biohazerdinc

biohazerdinc New Member

Ok, time to put my cent into this. I see bliztards trying to stop botting with a program. IT fails, and hard. so lets see plain B, sue every bot maker starting with the biggest one, or easiest to find. My understanding of honor bot, (i am new to this bot.) it sends info into the key no differently then a keyboard and mouse. (in lamans terms.) This means it is a bot that is not detectable to a normal anti-bot. well I guess there just not smart enough to catch you. so spend lots of cash to try and stop you. not only the cash bundle you said, but the lawyers as well. so this is been going for over or close to 2 years. they have not spent or a close to billions on a small biz. (ooow gratz on that!) my understanding they had to let go of employees last year due to money issues. so now they are cut in the service of there players to fight this battle. Gee this is getting better. And the release of cata drop there numbers in players. then mop drop there numbers. wow this blizz just dont see the down fall...... longer story short. blizz is not paying for this the players are. If all and i mean all players did not pay for one month of gaming they shit them self. If we all sent them a note that said stop sueing and start working on the game again maybe they would fix there issues instead of trying to waste time... in the long run. I pray, hope, cross finggers and beg the karama god you win.... oow and if you do help a friend out man..... LMFAO J/k no really (sorry had to do it)

10. essek007

essek007 New Member

Honorbuddy hoock the wow.exe, that means: It does read the adresses of ur Memory (RAM). It does send Hexacodes (wich are Keys) to them. But its detactable: Because, its not a pixelbot.. it attacks the wow.exe, doesnt change any datas there but it infect it. blizzard could EASY make a anticheat prog: Like: a second program wich running in background and checking if wow.exe getting attacked or infected or whatever.. BUT: blizzard would break alot of rules like privacy... blizzard is not allowed to check your running programs, even if it check only for wow.exe... Blizzard is not allowed. thats the problem why blizzard cant make a local anticheat software.. so they decided a server anticheat; honorbud just send Hexas to wow.exe, this hexas reach blizz servers and it seems like usual user datas...

11. Liferose

Liferose New Member

I have a rather conflicted opinion on this entire thing, and I bet Blizzard has even played devils advocate trying to weigh their options.

In the case with World of Warcraft there is an economy in the game that is created by players. Botting being healthy for this economy is probably not going to be much of a winning argument, but would the player do the same if he/she didn't have the bot? Most likely not. I deem the whole argument invalid though, because it's manipulable by people. No matter what you do, economy exploitation and monopolizing of the flowing goods is inevitable. Removing good inflation and other bot-based exploitation will just give more power to the other people who really know how to exploit an economy. Such as it is with the real world.

In terms of being an unfair advantage, now that is the million dollar question. Once again I don't believe it is, because when it all comes down to it, the bot can't perform something a human can't do. The human puts in all of the same effort, but just converted into the code needed for it to carry out this function. The effort has all been done at one point or another, as you have to specifically input which quests it has to do or where to go to do X. It's all complex time management, and I don't see Blizzard banning those Razer keyboard with the complex macro buttons. I have one, and it lets me perform things that the macros in the game would never let me do. [Ethically then you have to wonder if Blizzard simply has the right to say no or not and try to stop it. I don't completely understand the legality behind it all, but forcing a company to close its doors based on another company where you haven't really stepped over any copyright/infringement claims makes no sense to me. That could get into complex tampering stuff, but I doubt we couldn't work around that. Beyond me.]

Finally, what is Blizzard thinking in terms of what will happen if the bot were to die? They must understand the very hefty number of accounts that would drop, making them lose a significant amount of money. Added with the recent decline in subs within Asia, you are looking at a steady drop in money my dear Blizzard. Up till now it's basically been extortion where we still pay for their game, but let it get played by the bot (us indirectly *nudge*). It could be a reason why they took so long to get into courts, or it could just be that their busywork got in the way like a benign company.

It will be interesting to see how this simmers and unfolds in the future.

12. Bene

Bene New Member

all you people talking about how much subs bliz use when they ban HB.. like how many botter accounts are there in your opinion?

I bet its something under 100k.
      however there are still 8900k accounts that hate that other 100k..

its surely more usefull to get rid of that 100k accounts.

I doubt that they don't do it cause of losing the botter subs..

13. Liferose

Liferose New Member

That's only $1.5 million a month, more if the people are on a bundle plan. I doubt they would think of it that way.

14. kravitz

kravitz New Member

Of which, 8000k of those accounts are inactive and trial accounts.... Blizzard is great at spinning the real numbers. If every single bot, which will not happen, were removed from Wow... Blizzard, World of Warcraft, will likely be out of business within five years.

15. kravitz

kravitz New Member

Honorbuddy isn't the first bot in World of Warcraft... the only Official mass bot was Glider. Glider was shutdown as they basically ran out of money and had a shit attorney. The opensource bots never reached Gliders potential. Honorbuddy is the byproduct of Glider.

The only way for any bot to survive is for that virtual business to move to a country that does not recognize United States laws period; best way... buy an oil tanker and do business in the middle of the ocean.

16. Phyxios

Phyxios Member

They can just buy the keys with a *****..

17. San

San Member

Dankt Gott fuer Oesterreich, haehaehae.

18. Macatho

Macatho New Member

It's a slippery slope when you start banning software's that automate things. Prejudicing laws for em...etc...It can be interpolated to so many other types of businesses, for example software driving cars which a ton of people are researching atm. Or other types of "bots".

Guess in 10 years its more profitable to hire Bangladesh people to play for you and just sell the gold.

19. liamgilhooly

liamgilhooly New Member

I'm don't german but fuck off this fucking law, i'm customer i buy what i want, some heroin if needed (i don't take this drug, and no one should !) ... really need to see SWAT comming in my house "STOP USE YOUR BOT"

best comment 5ever

20. Rayz

Rayz New Member

Could just make it free in Germany...

P.S. I'm American.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.