• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Hotspot Recorder, a profile creator for HonorBuddy

Discussion in 'Uncataloged' started by Kamilche, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Jimbo92

Jimbo92 New Member

I've never actually tried but, I'm pretty sure you can just "Stop" the bot and manually load the profile. I'm sure you can change the default as well, just never tried it. Yet. But until some1 comes around that know how, you could just manually load it.

2. deuce7suited

deuce7suited New Member

Awsome. Just what i needed to add NPC to my profiles. :) +1

3. Kamilche

Kamilche New Member

Update - fixed 'Reverse' button that got broken in last update.

BTW - this is for making simple profiles like grinding or gathering. It doesn't do complex battleground profiles, or profiles with subprofiles, etc. For that, you'll have to make your own - but you could copy/paste points recorded with this in there.

4. SinTex

SinTex New Member

OMG, Thank you so much for this. Perfect for what i was looking for.
      No more headaches trying to alter existing gathering profiles.

5. skinny

skinny New Member

Kamilche,

First off, thanks for the work you've put in to this. I'm sure it will work wonderful once I find out what I'm doing wrong :)

I'm VERY new to the HB community, and in my experience, while many of the publicly available gathering profiles work just fine, I have specific areas I like to grind which have no profiles created (that I can find) which led me here. I want to use this tool you've shared with us to build custom gathering profiles for specific ore types / herbs in the specific zones I want to herb / mine in. Probably what everyone really wants right? :)

I'll try to be as detailed as I can here, but keep in mind I am very new with this type of utility so any nudging in the right direction would be very helpful.

I suppose I'll ask one question at a time and as I get them answered, it may lead me down the path to figuring out everything else on my own.

So, first question I have is:

When I load up HB in Grind / Combat mode, what exactly do you mean by a blank profile? If I load no profile, it just crashes out. If I try to create a new .XML with no content it crashes out. I just need some help here on how to load a "Blank" profile. Is there a "Blank" template I should be using?

6. Kamilche

Kamilche New Member

This is a very simple way to make an empty profile. Make an XML file, call it whatever you want, I use empty profile. Then, inside it, put <HBProfile /> just like that.

7. BaturalNoobs

BaturalNoobs Member

Used this over the weekend and all I can say is wow what an amazing plugin! Really first class UI and performance. Excellent work Kamilche. Liked, repped and donated.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
    8. beagler89

beagler89 Member

I have not tried this yet, but is there a keybind to manually place hotspots? Like so you don't have to have the addon interface open on top and click add hotspot.
      Something so you be flying a route and hit the keybind button and never stop to add hotspot.

9. SinTex

SinTex New Member

Hi Kamilche,

First of all, love the look of this tool and what it will be able to acheive. Just a few problems sadly.

Is there some reason why it would not work for me:
      Mage, Arcane.
      Using Singular v3 cc i think it is, i.e. the default one provided with HB
      Tried both combat bot & grind bot as it tells you, open the profile and then select start on HB.
      However the goto option does not work, and when i do click Hotspot, rather than inserting the HotSpot / injecting it into the profile at my current profile location it dumps the coordinates for Hotspot at the bottom of the profile?

I.e, say i run GB2 until i am half way through the profile of hotspots & i can see the yellow bar showing my nearest location but i notice it is missing Ore pickups.
      I stop GB2 running, change it to Combat bot or Grind etc and i can still see the yellow highlight showing nearest hotspot. if i try goto it does not work or if i manually fly to the hotspot location & then click Hotspot on Hotspot Recorder it places the coordinates at the bottom of the list rather than inserting it into the middle of the profile?

Also could you please add an option to move spots up 1 or down 1, the set as top option seems a tad silly to me but i guess someone might want it.
      However i would prefer a move up / down 1 option, aswell as it inserting the new locations into your current location on profile :)

Thx

10. skinny

skinny New Member

I do believe I have it working :)

From a custom profile I made in Winterspring:

[Gatherbuddy2]: Stopped gatherbuddy after gathering 331 nodes in 1h 35m 48s.
      [Gatherbuddy2]: Mountain Silversage: 124
      [Gatherbuddy2]: Icecap: 81
      [Gatherbuddy2]: Rich Thorium Vein: 33
      [Gatherbuddy2]: Truesilver Deposit: 6
      [Gatherbuddy2]: Small Thorium Vein: 87

Perfect! Very pleased with the plugin! And thanks for the help with the "Empty Profile" and correcting my ignorance! LoL

11. fats

fats New Member

This is a fantastic plugin! I could only get Zaprecorder to work partially, but this plugin works near flawlessly. In fact, I can't think of anything that it does wrong. Thanks so much for this!

12. Botanist

Botanist Banned

Would be nice if you could fly a path and recoord it as you fly it.

13. randomstraw

randomstraw Community Developer

well, i don't mean to surprise you, thats nearly all i do with the plugin.

works 100%.

14. lynar

lynar New Member

Doesn't work for me.. log attached...

It crashes when i press on "Add hotspot"or any other button...
      And i who were going to make an Egg farming profile :(

EDIT: Tried both combat and grindbot option.. :(

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
    15. inper44

inper44 New Member

not sure if its only me or that button to add 2 to height adds 2 zero's to x,y,z :/

16. slapbacon

slapbacon New Member

Ok so I have to say that this is by far the best thing I have found so far for HonorBuddy. I have only been using this for a few days as I just got back into botting. However I botted for many years back in the day with wowglider (never banned). I found it really strange that some sort of simple to use profile creator was not included in the bot itself. This was something that existed in glider back in the day. You would essentially hit 'record' and walk you path and as you went along you would target the mob types you wanted and click 'add', etc. Very easy to make a grind profile.

This plugin gets almost to that point exactly, makes the process very easy. Something I had to figure out on my own for those who may also be new to this. After you are done using this plugin to make the profile you can stop honorbuddy, save the profile and then go fly around and target each mob type you want to fight. Then click on the developer section of honorbuddy and click the little refresh symbol in the target info box. This will give you the faction id for each mob type. You then manually edit your new xml file to include all the faciton types you want with a space in between each. This plugin just puts a place holder there with like faciton 99999 or something like that. If you skip this step your toon just runs the route and will only kill things that happen to attack it.

I also found that you need very few actual hotspots. The fewer the better for a more lifelike looking bot run. If anyone used ppather back in the day it is a similar concept.

Thank you very much for this plugin, much appreciated.

Slapbacon

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
    17. Kamilche

Kamilche New Member

Lynar, did you hit start on the bot before using the plugin? If you dont, it doesnt have a data stream to read, and will crash. Make sure the bot is running before you start the plugin.

18. Raddish06

Raddish06 New Member

Nailed it, Great work

Can you make it so in GB2 it can check hot spots ?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
    19. SoliuZ

SoliuZ New Member

I'm getting an error when I hit HOTSPOT. The error isnt in english, but the same language as my windows. Tanslated its something like:

ERROR: Data string had invalid format.

I started a clean install of HB (with this plugin). Loaded an empty file, started HB in combat. Everything works fine untill I click Hotspot, then this error pops up and HB crash. If I click the auto hotspot button, I can see the hotspots in the list of this plugin, but the error pops up and HB crash/closes.

Any tip? :)

20. Kamilche

Kamilche New Member

I have no way of testing this, but try updating your version, and trying it now. It might work. Let me know if it works or not.