• Visit Honorbuddy
  • Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Demonbuddy
  • Visit Exilebuddy
  • Visit Hearthbuddy
  • Visit Pokefarmer
  • Visit Buddystore

[How Blizzard Detects] In-case you didn't know already.

Discussion in 'Discussions (no Ban Reports here)' started by greensole, Dec 16, 2015.

1. greensole

greensole New Member

I don't know why my previous thread was closed? I'm just trying to help out the community/devolopers etc, I know the staff is probably angry at the inc lost of a big user-base.

-------------------

So i'm in Live chat now, this guy is basically telling me indisctively everything on how they detect it.

Here's the GM's response chatlog:

GOBARANNIE 13:33:33
    Hey, Game Master Gobarannie here! (◕ ◡ ◕)/) Hope you're doing great! Can I please get your first and last name?

GOBARANNIE 13:34:22
    Let me take a look here, and see what's going on.

GOBARANNIE 13:35:55
    Did you get an e-mail about this ban?

GOBARANNIE 13:37:00
    So, I can't talk about the criteria that led to the ban, because we don't want the bad guys to get a better idea how to avoid detection.

GOBARANNIE 13:38:11
    Well, unfortunately, I'm afraid we found evidence that a user on the account was letting the computer be hooked while they were not playing. =\

GOBARANNIE 13:38:17
    Does anyone else in your home play on the account?

GOBARANNIE 13:38:57
    ^ Or, just to be accurate, it could be that you were playing, but what was detected was automation of parts of the game - like fishing, or using certain abilities at exact times.

GOBARANNIE 13:40:15
    But we do clearly see the play at the time we detected it is coming from your regular IP.

GOBARANNIE 13:45:37
    Wow is on sale right now for $5. If you were to purchase another account, all your pets, mounts, heirlooms, and achievements will carry over to that account.

GOBARANNIE 13:45:47
    Just... should you do that, make sure to delete any of this kind of software first.

GOBARANNIE 13:46:32
    Right, but the good news is, either way, you're only out $5.

GOBARANNIE 13:46:44
    No, this suspension can't be altered unless you'd been hacked (which I already checked).

GOBARANNIE 13:48:58
    Yeah, again, in the history of Wow, this is only the 2nd time it's been 6 months instead of permanent. So you lucked out there.

----------------

SCREENSHOT: (don't have the chat window up anymore cause i closed it prior to posted the previous thread but heres a follow up)
    [​IMG]

2. Vannya

Vannya New Member

SCREENSHOT: (don't have the chat window up anymore cause i closed it prior to posted the previous thread but heres a follow up)
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]

Hey, thats a funny joke!! XD

Also, thats new for me about the pets and all that stuff passing to the new account. All we lose are the characters, and for a while. Thats not "THAT" bad, and actually, its only about gold.

3. Tony

Tony Moderator Staff Member

not angry at all,thing is that we wont adopt any info posted without checking it or something first

plus whats posted has nothing new to add/offer on what we already know :)
    basically there is no new info at all,so idk why a thread is needed for this

thx for the info tho

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  4. Vannya

Vannya New Member

Hey, Tony... But the JOKE!! We should adopt that joke. Its indeed a good one!!
    I dont like Blizz at all, but their guys are sometimes just crazy, funny, and cool. Even... if they are gonna banhammer your head.

5. Tony

Tony Moderator Staff Member

trued dat!

6. lickalime

lickalime New Member

This