• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • How far back will they ban?

Discussion in 'Discussions (no Ban Reports here)' started by automationarmy, Dec 5, 2016.

1. automationarmy

automationarmy Member

Largely anecdotal I'm sure, but I recall tons of posts such as "I was banned and haven't logged in/used hb since xxxx" or "I was banned and my sub wasn't even active since xxx"

This Is important to me as I intend to use hb for a short time to get back on my feet after my main taking it on the chin. I want to stop outside of the "window" and hope for the best.

This all based on the usual 6mo'ish time we tend to get.

What's the furthest back anyone has been or heard of someone being banned?

If I bot for a month - is it reasonable to expect to be safe if they did a ban wave 6 months later?

Also important because if I'm just as likely to be pinched I might as well keep on keeping on ya?

I realize "safety" inquiries such and are hypothetical, however in this case I think enough evidence is out there in order to make an educated assertion.

2. blewsclewsnews

blewsclewsnews Member

There is no window, and there's people that have said they've had accounts banned that hadn't been touched in 6 or so weeks....How true that is is anyone's guess though.

If you get caught in a detection-level event, expect to lose your account.

At this point, no it's not reasonable to expect to be able to bot for a month without being detected...You may get away with it, but if this new Warden guy is really as good as they say he is, you really shouldn't expect to bot for a month and live to tell the tell.

3. automationarmy

automationarmy Member

Thanks for the reply! Like I said it's going off the assumption we will get the pre current safety window of 6 months give or take.

If that were the case I could handle 2 months early shutdown but all in all your right, anyone's guess. Certainly trying to not get attached.

This is the last go round for me and many others I'm sure. If the botting community and developers get mass hit again in a short time I see white flags in many a future.

So far so good though!

4. Demondog70

Demondog70 Active Member

Detection bans should relate to being active on the account during the time of detection. The account would be banned when they send out the bans and you logging in is only when you decide to come on and find out.

Report bans is based on when Blizz decides to act on the report which could be hours, day or even weeks after the incident. Blizz has sometimes held on to bans of this sort and let them all fly at once to give the appearance of a banwave.

5. quinzds

quinzds Member

A lot of people assumed that 6 months pre current safety window at what was it? 10 or 11/11 , then 11-12 days later boom.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
    6. Azoth

Azoth Member

It's been established that the detection event was for a couple weeks to a month before the first banwave. So, shortly before, if not with, the release of 7.1

7. bro1234

bro1234 New Member

I personally believed the detection event to be after November 3rd. I had 2 accounts botting and hadn't attached to the one since the 3rd. The one I was still actively playing up to the 10/11th when the wave hit got wacked of course but my other one that hadn't attached since Nov 3rd and I am still running on that one

8. qztr

qztr Active Member

I turned off all my bots ~1 week before the 7.1 release. None of them has been banned, and they're up and running 24/7 and has been for the past 6 days.

9. schae

schae Member

it depends:

- reports: usually within 4 weeks
      - detection: 2-4 weeks
      - gold selling: maybe years, once they banned accounts sleeping without gt for 6 months
      -> ban by hwid/winreg -> when this happened 4 years ago i switched to private vpns + vms

10. Hatdred

Hatdred Member

The new warden guy has proven he is good with all the 6 month bans for the last two years or more