• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • How safe is the gathering bot....really?

Discussion in 'Rebornbuddy Forum' started by Faz668, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Faz668

Faz668 New Member

Hi everyone . Am new here.

I play ffxiv and started a gathering job and tbh I just can't grind it out anymore to 60.

I came across this website and information I'm in 2 minds on wether to go ahead with this bot? I'm so scared in losing my ffxiv account , how safe is this boy? Have you or anyone you know been banned from using this? If so why?

What are your view and thoughts ? IAll I want to do is level cap my gathering class . What's the policy with square if they find out?

All your answers would be appreciated, hopefully I'll be joining you boting. Just heard too many horror stories

2. parrot

parrot Community Developer

well, botting is a cat and mouse game. Its not something i would recommend if you're too worried about risking your account. With that said, reborn buddy bans seem to be somewhat rare in this game, so if you bot smart and avoid getting reported by other players it is pretty safe at the moment. From the few ban posts ive seen on the forum a lot of them seem to get a 72h temp ban for first violation but theres no guarantee it wont be permanent even for first offense.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
    3. Faz668

Faz668 New Member

So basically forget about it on my Main account . It would only be for crafting and things like that. Should I perhaps use a ffxiv trial ? And then try this bot on that to see how it goes and if it goes well then just use that account for all crafting etc etc and send items or the Gil to my main account ?

4. y2krazy

y2krazy Community Developer

A number of us have been running 24/7 on one or more accounts (main accounts and/or alternates) for months without issues. Botting bans in FFXIV are quite rare unless you're teleporting hacking dungeons. Also, be very cautious when transferring Gil as SquareEnix is far more focused on RMT (or possible RMT) than botting. If you're going to transfer Gil between accounts, at the VERY least, I would use a FC Chest.

5. Neverdyne

Neverdyne Community Developer

Honestly, I've been botting very heavily for about two years now with my main account and haven't got a single warning. I guess it all depends on your luck. I do believe you get a warning before you get a ban though, in any case.

6. mastahg

mastahg Administrator Staff Member

There hasn't been any ban waves, but the cardinal rule of botting is never bot on anything your not willing to lose.

7. Emaki

Emaki Member

I tried RB on my main act almost a year ago today and since then have been using it on 3 acts on and off. One of my acts i considered a throw-away (using prepaid) and I botted almost for 3 weeks straight on end, transferred around 50m to my main character with no ban on either. Pretty sure I was reported as well as I pissed someone off by "taking their grind spot" but i happened to be by my computer when they were harassing my character and was able to say sorry i am farming and went somewhere else. they seem to change ther mind i was a bot. but thats about as close a call i ever got.

Now since I have lot of money i just do red script grind and fatebot some of my lower jobs only when i am by computer. but it is nice to level crafts/gather and be able to do something else too. You get so much done. just don't leave it alone and reply to ppl. If you are a popular character on your server maybe its not so good. just keep a low profile.

8. AltanaFFXI

AltanaFFXI New Member

TLDR; Botting is cake. Read the instructions, learn how to bake it, don't stomp around while it's in the oven, and keep an eye on it often. Also, I don't recommend being a Lalafell. From experience, players (at least on my server) have a legitimate tendency to chase you and want to pet, hug, or chat with you frequently.

9. lilone

lilone New Member

I did the leveling story line routine for just a couple hours while watching it and got that ~you need to change your password because of such and such activity~ on a new account, little scary since I really didnt notice it do anything that special, maybe accept and finish quests too fast for a new person :p

10. y2krazy

y2krazy Community Developer

Do you have a screenshot of this? Never heard of this before...

11. Ken512

Ken512 Member

You can get this message if your ip is not static and you don't have 2-factor authentication enabled. Are you sure that wasn't the issue?

12. Chifo

Chifo New Member

Hi... i get that warning .... I have 2 pcs and 1 laptop and I install the game in all 3, and I think I get that warnig for the ip changing frecuently..... several pcs and also my place, my Gf and my Dads....

I wasnt using RB atm when i get the warning.... dont have Screen Shot tbh I ddnt get worry about the warning..... just change pass and thats it....

13. ExMatt

ExMatt Active Member

The issue being described has nothing to do with botting.