• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • How save is using raidbot?

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by lalapuh, Jan 19, 2014.

1. lalapuh

lalapuh New Member

Hey folks,

yeah I heard of some ppl that getting banned with raidbot isn't very possible but after my 2nd acc got banned to day after just using some hours of kicks profile (toon just lvl 65!) and got a final warning I'm very worried about what blizz is doing there.
      So I first changed my macadress just in case this could help at least a little.

But how worried do I have to be?
      (I know that there's always the risk of getting banned when using a bot.)

2. Peezy916

Peezy916 New Member

is botting even safe? you take a risk for the easy rewards...dont bot if you cant lose your account..rule #1

3. randomstraw

randomstraw Community Developer

if you use the bot, you will get banned in time.

4. Florida

Florida Banned

Do you really want to play this game by hand?

5. lalapuh

lalapuh New Member

No, thats why I'm asking :D
      I just wanted comparison between questing and gathering to raidbot where you sit in front and do some stuff by yourself

6. Florida

Florida Banned

Gatherbuddy2: banned, Questing: probably not, Raidbot: Jesus says it's okay.

7. CodenameG

CodenameG New Member

if you do anything in excess, your bound to get banned. just dont be a jerk and do things in moderation and karma will take care of you and your accounts.

8. Superfyr20

Superfyr20 New Member

Well, we all know that GatherBuddy seems to have the highest ban rate, but with kicks leveling profiles i can't say that much since i havent really used it.. I like to use DungeonBuddy, and haven't been banned for that yet.. and at 85+ i'm grinding in Kun Lai Summit

9. lalapuh

lalapuh New Member

I'm actually really just using raidbot on this account. Friday and sunday at my raid for a few hours (~4h) and the rest of the week just to do some lfr to get cap

10. User0828

User0828 New Member

raidbot? well, its mainly what i use(tyrael), and ive read here and there about people may have gotten banned from using it. and that fast interrupts were the cause. so i notice a lot of routines have timed interrupts, so it doesnt interrupt right away. i will only use ints if they have a setting that can be modified in ms, otherwise i do it manual.

so just be careful of that, and you will probably be ok. I only have one account, so I am very very careful. GB2 only a max of 2 hours a day. 100% supervised, full on paranoid plugins, timer, etc... better safe than sorry! ( as safe as one can be while cheating, :p )

but im sure even with that, blizz will get me eventually.

EDIT: be very watchful with your raidbot. LOS issues make the bot freak out badly!! healers trying to heal someone on the other side of Spoils of Pandaria boss, for example. anyone with a brain would be able to look at that and see you are botting. no one can click buttons that fast. the little movement ur toon does when he cant cast a spell cus of LOS, now imagine him doing that extremely rapidly. extremely bottish looking.

11. horusty

horusty New Member

Your pretty safe if you supervise your raid and as for the LOS issues or in a group that skips mobs may I suggest that you hotkey a movement control in so you can move your character with out stopping the bot

Sent from my SM-N9005 using TheBuddyForum mobile app

12. lalapuh

lalapuh New Member

Thank you; horusty. I always move my Character by myself, bot just takes the combatroutine :)

13. nomnomnom

nomnomnom Well-Known Member

As safe as botting can be. Though, there are not many reports of people getting banned with using ONLY a raidbot.

14. User0828

User0828 New Member

i always control movement. if there is a LOS issue, the bot will continuously try to cast a spell over and over, rapidly repeating the action, so your bot does a fraction of the spells 'casting animation' extremely rapidly repeating. only happens on healers i think? and possibly only with oracle CR. (only CR ive seen it on.)

i have only seen this when using oracle. which is in beta with no support, so its pointless to post on the oracle thread about the issue.