• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • How to 1-90

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Guides' started by Jet8, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Jet8

Jet8 Member

How to 1-90

I've gotten a couple of PMs from people asking about how I went about getting all my characters to 85. So instead of just responding in the PM I thought I might be useful to post a new thread to let anyone who might be interested. This is what i did to get to 85. Currently working on getting them all to 90!

This was my original post:
      http://www.thebuddyforum.com/honorbuddy-forum/success-stories/42786-all-85-now.html

What kind of botter are you?
      First and foremost I am botter who really loves his account. I try to be as safe as reasonably possible when I BG bot, level or do whatever. No point in botting if all your hard work goes to waste by getting your account banned.

How long did it take you to get to 1-90?
      The one character i did completely with HB was my lock, and there is 7 days and 18 hours played when i hit 90 and thanks to HB i have no idea how to play a warlock. Imolate...shadowbolt? idknow...

How often did you bot? any tips on not getting banned?

I botted everyday, about 10-12 hours. I only botted when i would normal would be playing. Running 24/7 is how i got banned in classic using a fish bot. My first and only suspension.:D

Being able to respond when you are whispered is a huge advantage to not getting caught. From my experience getting caught seems to revolve around being reported, and doing anything to make your self look like less of a bot is best practice. (plugins do this best, look further down this post for what plugins i use.)

What profiles did you use and what modes?
      I used primarily questing/grinding. I used questing as much as possible and the only time i used grinding is when the questing profile kept getting stuck or if a quest was broken. (in uldum when saving that guy with chains in a pit, is broken in wow, you just get killed over and over)

Kickazz006 has great profiles for questing(the only one that is tested actually) and grinding profiles. The BEST part about Kick's profiles is if you set up his SVN for all his profiles it will automatically switch questing/grinding profiles when it dose all the quest/lvling with that specific profile. for example you do the 1-58 quest profile, all the quest are complete, the bot will try and switch to the 58-70 profile, same thing goes with the grinding profile.
      This link is to Kick's SVN and along with how to setup SVN:
      http://www.thebuddyforum.com/honorb...iles/131188-kicks-1-90-mega-profile-pack.html

For some reason some quests the bot won't complete. There have been questing that has got my bot stuck on different characters. If that happens, simply do the quest the bot is stuck on yourself and start the bot after your done.

I notice there is a community driven questing profiles done by Cava. i have never personaly tried them, but if you're looking for different questing profiles, it is the only other one i would try.
      http://www.thebuddyforum.com/honorbuddy-forum/submitted-profiles/68612-cava-s-profiles-lvl-1-a.html

Why not use mix mode with instance buddy?
      This is probable the most comman difference between botters when lvling. Some botters sware by instance buddy while others curse it out. From my experience, unless you are a healer, stay away from instance buddy. Its simply too buggy for any other type of class. Mix mode Instancebuddy and questing is defiantly the fastest and a great way to keep your gear up to date with your lvl, but its a little to buggy for dps/tanking. Wait for instance buddy 2 to come out.

Did you use any custom combat routines?
      I DID use Fpsware for every class but it looks like the CR has been discontinued. The default CR "Singular" has gotten a lot better and will be fine for most to get them from 1-90. If you find the default CC to be lacking, head over to the custom CR section and pick the most popular one for your class. The more abilities you use = less likely to get reported.

What plugins did you use?

BuddyCon
      http://www.thebuddyforum.com/honorbuddy-forum/plugins/monitoring/68449-plugin-buddycon.html
      Arguably the best way to monitor your bot when your away. I used BuddyCon for its Push notifications to my phone and the ability to kill my bot/wow when im not near the computer. I usually would start my bot in the morning, go to class, and if i was getting to many whispers, character was dieing over and over or if it got stuck i would kill it remotely with BuddyCon.

AutoEquip2
      Gotta have it when your livingliving. It will swap your current gear for upgrades when you are questing. You can set protected slots for your Herilom gear as well. Normal players swap out gear when they get upgrades from quest. Bot lvling must have.

Talented
      Simply spends your talent points when you lvl. Again, normal people spend there talent points when they get them.

TidyBags 3
      http://www.thebuddyforum.com/honorbuddy-forum/plugins/leveling/9779-plugin-tidybags-3-0-reloaded.html This addon will keep your bags as empty as possible. "It will check for items to unpack/combine when you are again in a "Resting" state, after combat is finished and the corpse is looted. Please be aware that it will perform the action AFTER your next looting event."- LiquidAtoR

What should i do if i think i have been reported?
      To put it simply you will get reported at one time or another for botting. Even if you don't bot, someone will likely report you for botting simply if they don't like you. If you think you were reported, lay low for a little bit (AKA stop botting for a little while).

THEORY!
      What most likely happens when you get reported for botting is the following. 2 or more people report you for botting, your character is then "flagged" to be inspected by a GM. When the GM has time (not dealing with more important things) the GM will then go watch your character. If you look like a bot when a GM is watching, BAN!, if not then you are unflagged.

Any other tips?
      -Set up a Mail Recipient, or set it to sell your random crap.

-if you have alot of mounts (or more than 1), turn off random mounting, looks a little crazy when your character is mounting up and down with different mounts every 10 seconds. I know there is a add on that will randomly mount a different mount for you but i don't care, still draws attention that you don't want when you are botting.

This is no longer true, as skills are given to you automatically now.
      -I wouldn't set your bot to train new skills. Well I take that back, this is what I would do.
      1-30 set it to train new skills, then turn it off, at level 50, 60, 70 and 80 go manually train new skills and at 80-85 turn back on train new skills. The bot will waste a lot of time running around training new skills if you have it turned on. From 1-30 usually there are trainers near by where you are questing but later on you have to travel to a main city to train. Most of the time you get important skills from your talent tress that you can use right away, and when you lvl, all of your skills you already have will get stronger with out the need to train. imo its a waste of time to go train the warlock teleport when your bot isn't even going to use it.

-Only bot when its normal. What do i mean by that? Don't bot at 3 am to 6 am, or 10-12 hours with out any breaks. If there is one thing blizzards warden can monitor is how long you have been logged on and when you log on. The less out of the ordinary you are the less likely you are to get banned.

Thanks for reading, and i hope this helps some newer people when lvling there toons.

Xume and amputations like this.