• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • I am going to test how blizzards bans.IP/Hardware ID/Mac address. Who wants to know?

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by cowboyx, Apr 3, 2013.

?

Are you interested in this project?

1. Yes.

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    2. No.

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Kata

Kata Member

[​IMG]

webhond likes this.
    2. skzisghost

skzisghost New Member

favor lol hahahahahaha...Yes they do know how to find a bot now, still providing them info like run time, what you are doing etc which greatly improve the knowledge they have on bots. Well lazy to list them all you use your head and think about it
      . What hes doing is actually getting your ass banned quicker or everyone else. Tell me what blizzard gonna do when they had the result? They would maybe find a way to "fix" those method which avoid bans. You are dumb as f, enough said.

webhond likes this.
    3. Kjin

Kjin New Member

I'm certain Blizz is checking these forums. And I am sure they already know that people can bot 12 hours or 24 hours and use VMs or what not.

The only question is: What can they detect without putting too much money or/and effort in it.
      And that is where this information comes in handy.

They can't check every player in WoW. They ban on automated scans (24/7 botters) and on player reports. But other than that there are no known ways for them to ban you.
      He's just trying to find out how you can protect your other accounts from being banned, when the ban hammer hits one of your accounts.

And that information does not do anything for Blizzard.

But I'm done arguing with you, doesn't seem worth it :)!

4. pytte

pytte Member

the amount of stupid in this thread is mind blowing.

Ok let me try to explain this so people might understand...

mac address is layer 2 which your router uses to identify you by IP address on your LAN (ethernet). Your router is most likely NAT'ing anything behind it so you have private ip addresses 192.0.0.0 10.0.0.0 172.0.0.0.
      Your router most likely has a public IP if your ISP doesn't suck, that IP Blizzard can see you connecting to their servers with. If you use a pr0xy service then they will see that pr0xy services IP.
      Even if you are not NAT'ing but for some stupid reason DMZ'ing your computer (use a firewall please) Blizzard will still only see your IP connect.

IP address is layer 3 and what other shit on the interwebs can see, this is how everything communicates on the interwebs ..

To connect to blizzard you are using TCP/IP - Layer 4 .. which is 1 of many transport protocol for data.. and it only contains your routers WAN IP Address in its headers.

Blizzard is NOT extracting your MAC address in their game and sending to themselves, if they did people who gave a shit would be yelling loudly.

The OSI model for anyone who has no clue..
      OSI model - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This test is completely useless.. I can tell you now what gets you banned.. constant botting and/or paying all your accounts from same ip/cc/name/etc

webhond and Swizzie like this.
    5. wowlich

wowlich New Member

Why aren't you just posting the results here? I'm sure we are all interested.

6. decerte

decerte New Member

waiting for reason , it will help us alot .

dont care about troll , if they ask this test is useless , that mean their brain is useless .

7. Aion

Aion Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

I appreciate your try to contribute, but after all its all but trolling!

After reading tons of ban reports and experience from the several bans on my farms, I could 99% assume the OP is right in his task.

Just a simple example - perma ban on a several-months-frozen vanilla account, just bacause its officer off my gold-capped guild bank, which was not overtuned after number of appeals.

8. FalseSource

FalseSource New Member

So much trolling ;)

First of all...Blizzard is using IP Addresses to Geolocation. That is precaution for hackers, so your account would be harder to hack.
      Second, don't think IP address is computer, Blizzard only has limited information (Reverse DNS, WhoIS LookUp's and Geolocation) and when needed, more information comes from your internet supplier.

Botting is never safe, and never will be.

So I think this "project" is useless.

Public

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
    9. cowboyx

cowboyx New Member

1 post. gj

10. Pwn

Pwn Member

Both the OP and everyone thinking they know shit in this thread, will realize that Blizzard bans is completely random.

You will never figure out what they are doing. Especially not from a project as stupid as this one. You started out with around 9 bots and decided to expand to 30 or something like that. In another thread the OP have claimed he is, quote "addicted to botting" - Let me tell you are story. I once knew a heroin addict, who decided to test how dangerous heroin really is. So he made a schedule over how much and how often he would do heroin. He died.

Stop this project. Delete everything, no one cares. Don't msg your answer "to people with 10+ bots", you hadn't even had 10 bots running before this project. Stop it. Some mod should really take this one down, it's ridiculous 4 real.

Swizzie likes this.
    11. Swizzie

Swizzie New Member

lol

12. Gentoo

Gentoo Active Member

Like most of your posts.

13. FalseSource

FalseSource New Member

So your telling me that, post amount means better knowleadge?

14. OzzyInFiNiTy

OzzyInFiNiTy New Member

Yes

I would love to know thanks in advance :)

15. hblover31

hblover31 New Member

Once flaged they defently have the ability to IP ban and hardware ban and my team has experenced this first hand.

One of our members was involved in storing duped items for the chineese and his IP got flagged 7 accounts lost on that machine.
      Another member got caught selling 1mill gold a day after shifting gbanks server to server just to sell the gold at higher prices to china ppl on qq chat.
      And then my self 3 accounts banned after a GM revied my appeal when I had some Tich pvpers troll and report me for the lolz.

All of us had " sleeper " accounts we bought when they had the $35 sale going on. Once we logged into them they were banned instantly. My dupper friend went a bought a retail copy and installed it on 2nd computer with a dynamic IP and they still instant banned him so were not sure what the hell happend there only part that was the same was his router.

I personaly just changed out my modem and nic card and started running my new wows in a virtual machine and seem to be going fine atm but it sucks losing everything ..

Now my questions are .. If you really are doing this test you want to do the right things to get busted hard... Sell some gold .. or atleast make it look like you did even if it's to your own accounts and defently bot your ass off from herbs to bg's and raids .. if you don't get busted and want to really do this test ... have ppl report you on purpose.. then sit back and watch what unfolds!!!

Please don't close this thread , never mind the trolls we need good data here to keep going strong this is not for the kids but the pro's. Thank you bosslands team in advance for helping!

thatwouldbestealing likes this.
    16. cowboyx

cowboyx New Member

I just updated the thread. Posting some good finds. Please people pming me, write your email for god sake! I will send you the results when the project is finished!

17. matthew1bell1jr

matthew1bell1jr New Member

idk anything about anything lol but running HB requires the key verification in the beginning which I'm assuming it checks with the HB server or something?

I could be totally wrong but is it possible that blizzard gets info of what IP's are connected to your IP and they have the HB ip?...does that make sense? I remember when I used to play halo 2 and steal host/mod/standby boost levels there was a program which I believe was cainnabel that showed the connection to your xbox, and the other connections that person is connected to.

If this didn't make sense my apologies I'll try and draw a picture
      "---" = connection

Your comp----Blizzard Your comp----hb code verification w.e

Blizzard (o)(o) ---> Connection to hb server
      ^the above are eye's indicating blizzard sees the connection not boobs

18. cowboyx

cowboyx New Member

Small update.

19. Giwin

Giwin Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

- Mac Address Ban

Maybe previously they were allowed to collect things like hardware Id but after the MMOGlider case the amount of information that could be collected was set out very clear in the US and since the EU has more protection on data when compared to the US.. they probably stop collecting such information quite a few years ago and maybe only rely on Mac Address and IP address, as the recent bans would suggest that player reports are the main reason for the ban triggers and then the investigation (appeal) probably uses a lot more information such as Time Online this Week, Nodes per Hour, Whispers Sent etc.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2013
    20. botorific

botorific New Member

pytte - your explanation on network traffic is solid.

The computer specific NIC MAC ID can't be extracted from the traffic itself...

But what's stopping the Wow client from gathering this data at the program level and communicating it from there.

This is one of the two reasons I roll with VMs and multiple NICs.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.