• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • I am not pleased with this bot.

Discussion in 'Rebornbuddy Forum' started by Ereztheex, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Ereztheex

Ereztheex New Member

I have been a loyal buddy bot subscriber for a long time. I had great experiences with Kick and the team with honorbuddy.. but Rebornbuddy.. that is the other side of the coin.. I expected SO MUCH more from this bot.. I feel like I paid a subscription for a mediocre fate grinder. =(

PLEASE fix this bot and get it to even a fraction of what the Buddy standard should be.

Thanks.

2. zzi

zzi Active Member

The problem comes from doing anything in ff14 requires a great deal of work to implement, Mastahg has done an excellent job laying the foundation for other people to come in and create plugins, profiles and the like. The problem is that any of these in ff14 require a great deal of work to build and maintain. Since nobody really donates for their hard work developers have chosen to instead sell their products on other sites. Sure there could be some good free products, but why when lots of things in this game takes thousands of lines of code in order to create due to the nature of the game.

Long story short: No free things because the amount of work involved is really high and nobody donated. developers then took their toys and started selling them. people are willing to spend money for 3rd party botbases / plugins. so that's where this bot is.

3. Ereztheex

Ereztheex New Member

That is not the response we should get. This is still a paid service and a product. It should be worth it.

4. zzi

zzi Active Member

You are right, but at the same time it's mastahg developing this mostly on his own. and 3rd party devs want money for their time. It sucks but that's how this community developed. If RB Had more income for another Dev it would be great. there are so many things that the bot could do but just doesn't because it's just Mastahg.

5. QueenLilith

QueenLilith Member

1) "This is still a paid service and a product. It should be worth it."
      This BOT does exactly as it is advertised with plenty of free plugins. Nothing less. It has, in fact, improved a great deal since its implementation originally.
      2) "I expected SO MUCH more from this bot.." and "I had great experiences with Kick and the team with honorbuddy.."
      This blatantly shows your bias of opinion based on previous experiences while showing your ignorance of how this stuff works.
      No 2 BOTs are alike in any way when it comes to different developers and games. Anyone who knows anything about programming would know that. You based your expectations on past experience instead of researching your product and understanding it before-hand.
      3) You are comparing a game that is literally 10+ years old that has an active community of millions to a game with a fraction of that player base. Thus, the Botting and Modding end of that spectrum will be equally lacking. To expect the same 'service' or community activity from anything in that circumstance is stupid.

As Zzi said, people have to be willing to donate and help to work on this product. Purchasing it is not enough when people are working on this one with 3-4 times the time required in comparison to ... WoW. -.- So the people working on the higher end plugins did what they felt was right to ensure they were compensated for their work just the same. I agree this community should be far more active and have more gears turning but ultimately it falls on the Buddy Group and their lack of positive intervention to keep the community together and issues brought up by said community on that end. There are additional issues at play here too but it all simply comes back to you doing your homework before-hand. If you have constructive suggestions to make the BOT better please do so so that the people working on them can attempt to get them done and consider a donation to make it happen. If you are having issues though, you can bring them up in a post and we can do what we can to help otherwise.

TL;DR: Stop being a whiney sheep who didn't get what they wanted from an ill-conceived envisioning of the product and do your research to make an informed purchase next time. Otherwise, if you have an actual issue or some specific feedback, you could try to add that instead of just complaining.

Ksexasiaris, Freiheit and jrl5k like this.
    6. Ksexasiaris

Ksexasiaris Member

This bot is actually more advanced than honorbuddy... it is a great bot. And there are top quality products if you are willing to buy them from the developers.

7. Ereztheex

Ereztheex New Member

Congratulations Lilith, do you feel better about yourself now that you are off your soapbox? I am happy to see there are still people who still have their noses so high in the air that they can't smell the disgusting scent that they portray. If I was a developer or coder I would not need this bot now would I? Why should I pay for this bot AND have to pay for other people to do the work that Buddy inc should do? I am not going to argue with you arsling but keep your soapbox to yourself please kthanks.

8. Freiheit

Freiheit Member

That is not necessarily true. The bot offers you a defined and rich API that (usually) allows you to focus on the actual implementation of your idea instead of having to worry about keeping all features compatible across multiple clients and patches. I will not even dive into the topic of meshing the entire game world yourself or finding people that can assist you when you require help. It lowers the hurdle of interacting with the game significantly, you should not underestimate that.

For the same reason you do not get all the addons on the HonorBuddy store for free.

Bossland offers a full refund within the first 7 days of purchase - please make use of that offer if the product does not meet your standards.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
      ZeeZee likes this.
    9. QueenLilith

QueenLilith Member

I'm still on it, lol. Good view from up here and don't have to worry about the filth down below so much. It might be what you're smelling. ;D

Either way, as Freiheit said:
      Might check into this route if you are unhappy with the BOT and have not already. Especially if my petty and playful banter gets you worked up that easily. xD

10. pieboy

pieboy Member

I agree with some of what both sides have said here. But one thing is for certain, the fact that you need to pay for a plugin to repair is beyond ridiculous.

11. devildevildevil

devildevildevil Member

agrees with this right here. Mastahg does are great job to keep this going now im no coder nor do i understand how it really works but i can read it. so i was looking into one that healed really well but couldnt find one now i found and old one that was out of date fixed it up a bit n made it work n it worked pretty good. now im not a young fella but the time it takes to read it write it n test takes a long time n when u do it for free.. on top of every other daily chore lol if i could work out how to put a pay thing on mine i would but not that clued up hahaha. i have paid for some bot bases my self because i know the work evolved i also have another working routine that works better that the one that i have shared with everyone but ZZI is right comes down to donations for time n work put in to it