• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • I just got teleported multiple times by a GM

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by cowboyx, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Giwin

Giwin Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

this was due to the large amount of spamming of the servers using an autoit bot, thing is that Apoc/others would never use this method because they would have known it was detectable.

although I was in piroxbots at the time so don't know how it went down on this bot.

2. ericjski

ericjski New Member

The bot is most likely undetectable to Blizzard's anit-bot system, but that doesn't protect you from other players reporting you. It is insanely obvious to spot a botter leveling, especially after using a bot myself, I can pick them out easily. Mostly due to the pathing pattern the bot uses.

3. wearloga

wearloga New Member

I agree when people say that the pathing is a weaker point of this bot. Manually when I'd run into Orgrimmar I'd run straight to the main gate, the bot (when not flying, obviously) walks behind one of the fences, which is a bit odd.
      Mainly because of this it's very easy to pick out other botters. I saw a druid doing the hyjal quests getting stuck in the top of a tent when in flight form. When I got back at that point like 5 minutes or so later it was still going back and forth.
      Now I'm not saying that the pathing is bad. Though I have no programming skills what so ever, I imagine it to be one of the most difficult things to create. While it is a bit odd to take a few passes back when you "unexpectedly" run into a fence, it works. That's what counts, isn't it.

If you don't want to get caught then just use combat bot or lazy raider, what I often do on my main account while watching tv or something. I run into combat let the bot clear that and go to the next thing I want to do.
      I used to have two other account on which I bot, one got a 72 hour ban and now is out of game time, I'm going to let that one lay low for a while, but that was only because I was using a profile that apparently had issues mailing stuff to another character, as the log was from top to bottom saying that the bot was going to use the mailbox. No surprise I was caught, there.
      I think it is indeed a bit about the risks you're willing to take. I don't want my main account banned, so I don't bot a lot on it and when I do I'm either always there to watch (I enjoy watching the game being played for me) or just use it as a tool, like Lazy Raider to heal in dungeons/raids.

Finally, to get back at the teleport issue that this thread was actually about, it sounds odd to me that Blizz would allow their GM's to more or less randomly teleport players. But if it were to happen to me, I wouldn't use /s I might say WTF in real life, but, maybe because I'm on a low pop realm, I don't expect people to reply. I *would* however make a ticket, knowing that I probably wouldn't get a reply within two days. But I'd do that for the following reasons:
      - Making sure Blizz knows it happens (not likely they don't but who knows if a GM gone rogue - not the class obviously)
      - Telling them that I don't appreciate being teleported at random, without so much as a how do you do first.
      - Hoping that it might stop this from happening again, so that my bot wouldn't have a problem with it.
      If people don't protest against this, though of course complaining in general chat is also a form of protest, Blizz will keep on doing this, provided it's actually them and not, as mentioned, some server problem, knowing it might not stop them. But you gain nothing from not trying to stop it.

4. Dreadlord

Dreadlord New Member

wow, sounds like a gm doesn't like you bud. I dunno about you guys but I've never been teleported... Fell through holes died in void zones entered restricted areas... But never been teleported... Maybe it's because I use CTM when I play sometimes so there isn't really that much difference between me playing and the bot lol...

5. wearloga

wearloga New Member

what's CTM?

6. Stealthadin

Stealthadin New Member

Click To Move.. an option in settings to make you move "Diablo Style" and walk to the spot on the ground that you click.

7. Succubuzz

Succubuzz New Member

i also havnt been teleported yet, and i bot quite a lot..