• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Is Blizzard trying to trick me into paying for more game time on a suspended account?

Discussion in 'Discussions (no Ban Reports here)' started by RamGuy, Feb 6, 2016.

1. RamGuy

RamGuy Member

Greetings,

After getting about 10 accounts banned the past year I decide to take a break for a while until things settle down. But in the meanwhile I'm considering playing manually and level characters through zones I have yet to really play myself yet.

Going into my Battle.net account management I notice that my primary account that recieved a 6 month suspension in Novemeber / Descemeber is no longer showing as locked / suspended. I also notice that there is a e-mail in my junk / spam folder from Blizzard telling me about my game time has ran out on this account where Blizzard is encouraging me to purchase more game time on this account.

Is this some kind of awkward trickery on Blizzards part? Trying to fool me into purchasing additional game time on a suspended account that I won't be able to use? Or might they actually have lifted the 6 month suspension on my account for some awkward reason? I have not received any e-mails or anything telling me that my account has been re-opened.

2. Craptuna0813

Craptuna0813 Member

i have the same thing my guess is yes they want more money out of everyone to make up for the many that filed charge backs on their cc's to regain some money lost.

3. Nightcrawler12

Nightcrawler12 New Member

Not remotely; I doubt they will let you pay for gametime on a suspended account which will be used on the account while it's suspended.

4. Inko

Inko Member

My account that was banned in December never showed locked, but I can't do anything with it.

5. Thecamel

Thecamel Community Developer

sups.longer the 180 days now show like this.. Not sure why..

I was funny at first you could xfer banned toons of that account... but they soon fixed that and reversed everything

6. RamGuy

RamGuy Member

When I try to login it says my account is temporarily suspended.. So it almost seems like a bug on Blizzards part that the game is not showing as locked in neither the Battle.NET Launcher or within my account management. That's a rather unfortunate bug as it might confuse people to purchase game time on a WoW account that is currently suspended.

7. tdw

tdw Member

Blizzard are fucking thieving mongos, changed their game in sucking every cent out of you. Perma banned every single licence I've added on original account where HB was attached (CR purposes only) If you planing on sucking gold out of game, go ahead, but if you want to progress on your main. Screw this game

8. Thecamel

Thecamel Community Developer

Hrmm- I think you can blame you permabans on something else- HB users of late have not been receiving permabans .. Even those of us who have been busted twice !.. some of my accounts are up to 18 months.. but not perma ban..

re-b.ot and other users have received permaban.. but not HB.. (not with the ban waves anyhow)... bans out side this are due to player report or botters stupidity .

9. Mr McGibblets

Mr McGibblets Member

Blizzard did make a blue post that they were going to change their stance on discipline for botting. They came to the conclusion that permaban really didnt nothing as the person just opened a new account. So they lower it to 6months with the concept that those who bot casually but still semi value their accounts won't bot anymore because they could keep the account. They know that the hardcore for business/profit botters will just make a new account regardless.

So their hope is to keep you attached to your old account and then you think to yourself "is it worth risking the loss of this account for 6months and botting?"

It doesn't really prevent much but it may sway a few of the casuals away from using bots.

10. Nightcrawler12

As long as I can still use GarrisonBoss idm tbh; they can ban away. I caught a 6 month case in december from just using garrisonboss, so RIP, I'll buy a new account tonight

11. Sneeds44

Sneeds44 Banned

hahha funny you say that on my banned account it says buy more game time to play while when i log in to that its banned i just bought a new account they think where stupid i had it also it doesend say banned on the account on wow europe but when you login it does say banned dont buy game time they are tricking you

12. Nightcrawler12

Ramblings sir; ramblings.

We desperately need to encourage users to use grammar and sentence structures. My god my boy.

Lads, here's the play, the game if you will.

If you dunk the cookie in the milk, you expect it to soften, don't be cranky when it eventually crumbles.

13. interim

interim Banned

Get the pathetic neck breathers to stop buying new accounts on a decade old fauxmmo?

Blizzard starts banning en mass 12 years into a game lawl

14. Nightcrawler12

Agreed.