• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • it is in the Battle.net End User License Agreement

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Forum' started by markws1, Aug 6, 2015.

1. markws1

markws1 Member

Greetings my Fellow members,

first of all I would like to point out that English is not my first language but I'm going to do my best to make my points clear, and hopefully the participation of the other members will be helpful on this post.

so for the past few months lets say March to July I was using demonbuddy actively on diablo ( I know these are honorbuddy forums just Bear with me for a bit)
      and I haven't logged to battle.net since more than a year, I believe around april 2014, anyway since the month of May 2015, whenever I try to move or open a page on the battle.net launcher or log to the site it would ask me to agree on the terms of use, and I kept declining until today, because I was thinking what happened with my WoW account did blizzard ban it in that famous ban wave (I was active on Honorbuddy until may 2014). also I was considering to return to the game.

Today before accepting the Battle.net End User License Agreement I read them until I reached this section (I don't know if anyone pointed this one before):

Consent to Monitor.jpg
      [​IMG]

and I went up to find Section 1 C ii:
      Section 1 C (ii).jpg
      [​IMG]

initially when I heard about the ban wave, my WoW mates and I who already quit the game and were thinking about returning (with honorbuddy sure) had a long discussion on how blizzard detected all these players, did they find a Pattern for movement or attack style, did they put an algorithm to detect the trash selling behavior. or did they do that on the combat routine? until I came across this point today, so blizzard can detect what are you running on your device. and that put a lot of questions in my head and I hope some of you will help me answering them.

1- shall we anticipate another ban wave?
      2- did anyone talk with blizzard or question this point on their terms of use?
      3- is there's any work by Honorbuddy team to overcome this?
      4- Can anyone tell me how long this point was there in the terms of use?
      5- since I agreed to terms of use recently I haven't used the bot all, can I sue blizzard if they ban any of my accounts now?

thanks for reading and hopefully I see enough members participating.

2. Fulken

Fulken Member

Fuck it

3. Trixiap

Trixiap Member

This is in EULA since Vanila WoW (2004). Do you know how many banwaves had HB since then? One... So stop talking about "IT IS IN EULA BANWAVE AAAAAAAA"

Anyway
      1) Probably yes in the future - nothing is safe
      2) Yes
      3)They are doing it since launch of HB
      4) Whole WoW existence
      5) No, because account is not your. Every WoW account is property of Blizzard.

4. SynTacTix

SynTacTix Member Buddy Store Developer

It's been in the ToS since the start, it's nothing new.

5. markws1

markws1 Member

hmm, I don't Disagree

I never read the terms of use before the ban wave, and Exactly this is what I thought one ban wave so far, lets hope it is the last with the major drop in blizzard subs, they would seriously rethink a second ban wave.

thanks for participating

thanks for pointing this out :)