Demonbuddy for Season 16 released, updates.buddyauth.com !
  • Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Demonbuddy

Just got banned 12-2-2016

Discussion in 'Ban Section - Ban Reports' started by Bunker99, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Bunker99

Bunker99 New Member

1) Were you using DemonBuddy on the account at the same time the ban/suspension occurred? (Kicked offline due to being Banned)
    YES

2) If not, when was the last time?:

3) If using a public profile please name it here:
    Was using Trinity Greater Rift profile at the time. I also used Neph rift and Bounties profiles. Latest versions. I also was not in a clan, exited all communities whilst bot ran, and only had 4 friends who had no idea I was botting and even if they did would not have dobbed me in.

4) How did you level your characters? Please give some details
    All characters power leveled by randoms (non botting at the time).

5) What combat class were you using? if None Just put Default then the Classname:
    I played a DH for leveling gems to around 82 as well as for key farming and bounties. (Great class for this). I also played a zbarb (manual 100+ GRs), monk and wiz. All classes were full ancients and augments best in slot meta builds. Thanks demonbuddy lol. Wiz was the only class demonbuddy didn't play well as it didn't switch to Archon form at the best/most appropriate times.

6) What plugins are you using?:
    Was using Trinity Greater Rift profile at the time. I also used Neph rift and Bounties profiles.

7) How many hours per day did you bot for?:
    24 hours a day, about 4 days a week.

7.5) What honest percentage of time did you supervise your bot?
    5% approx. I work full time, have a family and a busy social life.

8) How many auctions per day did you have?:

8.5) Did you use the Real Money Auction House (RMAH)?

9) Did you Use Any Other Bots, Hacks, Mods, or Exploits?
    NO, however started using NumLock trick not long ago.

10) Was your account involved in gold selling?

11) What server region where you connected to (The Americas, Europe or Asia)?
    Americas

I had only been botting for 2 months but I botted hard. I came back to D3 from WOW and wanted to power to an end game paragon level. My goal was to stop botting when I reached 3000 paragon but I didn't realistically expect to last that long haha. I was around 1500 paragon when they banned me. I hadn't played season 8 at all for at least 1 month, as I only did seasons for the stash tab, however I did hit the leaderboard when doing the level 75GR for conquest however as that was early in the season I assume my leaderboard position of around 300 didn't last long. Once I got the stash tab I switched back to non season. 99% of my bot time was non season, so this theory that Blizz only ban season players on leaderboards is completely incorrect in my opinion.
    I loved this bot, a big salute to the programmers of demonbuddy. It worked amazingly well, and I enjoyed playing with the bot as much as I enjoyed playing the game. Demonbuddy could solo GR81s on its own consistently with my DH. I could solo 84s with the UE DH manually.
    A big fuck you to Blizz for banning me. I will never give your company another dollar. If the game was designed around skill at game as opposed to it's current design which rewards time played I probably wouldn't have botted. The bot didn’t do anything that I couldn’t do manually however I don’t have the spare time as a no lifer. Having said that I loved botting. It was great fun waking up in the morning to see a bag full of ancients after your bot just ran a 12 hour shift! There was nothing better, not even sex hahahaha.
    I lodged a ticket to try and get unbanned as I said my account was hacked and I hadn't even played D3 in months etc etc. They knew I was full of shit, and didn't overturn. However the discussions gave me some info:
    This is how I think I got caught. I recently started playing Overwatch on the same account as my other computer was botting D3. Same IP address. Bad move by me. I got cocky - thought I had a big swinging dick and was a Big Dick Playa...
    This resulted in Blizz watching my actions, and farming over 200 rift keys in around 8 hours, and 120 of each bounty material in 7 hours in the 2 days prior to being banned probably verified the bot.
    These are just my suspicions - I have no real proof. I also wonder if they prioritise banning ex WOW players hoping they will return to WOW thus renewing their subscription to make more $.
    If I was to bot again I would disable my authenticator. I would also try and regularly login to my account from a completely different computer/IP address so if I did get banned I could say I was hacked, and a hacker is playing my account on their own computer with cheats and I havn't played D3 in a long time - how could they prove you wrong?
    Anyway it was great fun while it lasted. I couldn't play D3 any other way haha. Good luck and have fun.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016