• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Lag issues when running RB x64, also posted on Discord on Omni support channel

Discussion in 'Rebornbuddy Forum' started by Dreamteam, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Dreamteam

Dreamteam Member

@everyone , Evening guys and girls. As some of you might now, I have some ingame issues with "lag" when I start the RB. I tought yesterday, that another routine did work, because (that day) I lagged alot less, but again last night, I tryed the same setup, and it lagged the hell out of everything, had to shut the RB down, and play manual.

What have I figured out so far, well, I'm not much to be honsest, and drive me nuts :D When I used to play on RB x32, I had 98% lag free, now on RB x64, 99.9% lag all the time. So to all of you kind player, what typ of computere do you run when playing FFXIV and running RB x64, here I mean the setup for your PC. I have an idea 1. Either it is my CPU or ISP, Graphic card, even if that sounds strange, but only and best locgic I can come up with atm. And please feel free to jump in her, anything you have, that I mabey can use to solv this, would be most appriciated. @Omninewb#6032 and @y2krazy#3589 have both bee so helpful, and tryed to help out wit this, sadly without results.

My current PC contains the following inside, and are now aprox 3-4 years old. But if you short could list your PC system that you guys run, without minimum lag, much appriciated, Thank you!

System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
      CPU: Intel Pentium G3250 @ 3.20GHz
      RAM: 20,0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-25)
      Motherboard: MSI B85M-E45 (MS-7817) (SOCKET 0)
      GRaphic Card: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750
      931GB Seagate ST1000DM 003-1ER162 SCSI Disk Device (SATA)
      931GB SAMSUNG HD103UJ SCSI Disk Device (SATA

Regardes

Dreamteam

2. crampleg

crampleg Member

all i can think of is them specs seem very low for dx11 ffxiv

3. QueenLilith

QueenLilith Member

Looking through there is a couple of things it can be but without more information it is hard to say. Your PC specs aren't awful but you are on the borderline from what I can find. The big question right now for me though: You say 'lag' but we need to know if this is frame rate, cpu bottle necking, or something else.

If you have not, check and see what your frame rate is with it closed and then again with it running. At the same time, check your performance and processes in Task Manager and see what your CPU doing. If you are getting to 100% utilization then that is going to be a problem. Another one there is temps, you could be seeing throttling on the CPU which is causing the issues and mimicing high load on the CPU since it has to slow down to stay within safe temp range. If you want, you can check your connection if you think it is connection based but that one is more unlikely if you are not disconnecting from the game / RebornBuddy. Let us know what you find as well.

Dreamteam likes this.
    4. Dreamteam

Dreamteam Member

Hi QueenLilith,

Thanks for the post. Tbh, I belive now it is little bit of both. I can read what you write, but when it comes to a PC, I'm not that handy. But I will try and invest in a much better PC ver the comming months, see if that will help with it. And only use that new pc for gaming use only. But I think I have multiple issues. But I did set the % down to 20 within ATB, at it works better, much less lag, but are still there at times when someting big is happening. I have turned of almost everything ingame "effects etc".

5. marcusjye

marcusjye New Member

I suffered the same issue with you. After tried for 2 days, finally settled it just now.

Open the task manager ( Alt, Cltr, Del) - Go To Process list - Select The game - Right click, select High or Normal priority

Wish you good luck.