• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Latency Issues??

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Malice211, May 19, 2011.

1. Malice211

Malice211 Member

I am wondering if anyone else has been experiencing any latency issues with WOW since the maintenance and update this past Tuesday? My internet speed is great, downloads and webpages work super-fast yet I cannot get past a yellow connection (most times red) to save my soul since Tuesday even with only one instance of Wow running. I have tried on three separate computers, each one which normally runs a min of 3 WOW instances at a time and nothing but red and yellow. I really want to blame my internet connection here save for the fact that I can download movies and files as fast as I ever could and stream movies with no issue. Looking for any info I can get. Thanks

2. chinajade

chinajade Well-Known Member Moderator Buddy Core Dev

Throughput (your download speed), and Latency (roughly equivalent to 'interactive responsiveness') are not the same measurements at all. Its similar to trying to equate height and width of something, those two measurements are independent and orthogonal. So yes indeedy, it is possible to have 'high throughput', and 'bad latency'.

If you are on a shared-topology network--like cable--one of your neighbors could be downloading a lot of stuff, causing high latency for everyone in the same area.

I'm not saying this is where your problem lies. My guess is Blizzard is still fooling around with that new 'network optimization' setting--either on the WoWserver-side, or the WoWclient-side. I haven't noticed a problem, but that doesn't mean anything.

You might try adding this to your WOWclient Config.wtf file, and see if it makes any difference...
      SET disableServerNagle "0"

Sorry we couldn't be of more help.

cheers,
      chinajade

3. wilsonj17

wilsonj17 Active Member

What ISP have you got? Any chance it's ADSL Virgin Media?

4. Malice211

Malice211 Member

Located in Canada...Eastlink Cable Modem...

5. Malice211

Malice211 Member

Tried changing the config and still red as a stop light...oh well...gona get on the phone to my provider and see if they can figure out what is happening...Thanks