• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Learn from these recent Bans

Discussion in 'Discussions (no Ban Reports here)' started by hybridohio, Apr 7, 2016.

1. hybridohio

hybridohio New Member

Read through a good number of the ban reports and there is a common factor "24/7"

Everything is better in moderation. while there will be some of you who bot 24/7 and go unnoticed keep in mind this is a pretty good tell tale sign of botting.

Lets be smart people.

2. Smartguy

Smartguy New Member

What ? Is that a belated april fool's joke ? How you could read through all those reports (i guess not only here) and came up with such a wrong decision ???
      99% of botters - bot for almsot 24\7. It has NOTHING, absolutely ZERO to do with bans.
      There are two main parameters:
      Season players pretty high on ladder or with extremely high paragon lvl (and ofc both too)
      NS players extremely high on ladder
      TurboHUD users
      And by those reports - 99.9% of banned had those parameters.
      (Also don't forget about trolls and bot haters with wrong reports and other bullshit, there are plenty of them on bot forums)
      Just don't be an idiots. Don't bot and push for a ladder at the same time. Or be carefull if you play season and have para level higher than 99% of NS players.

3. Fisher67

Fisher67 Member

Not true at all. And don't act like you know how it works. No one knows Blizzard's exact banning methodology except Blizzard employees. The only inferences we can make are correlations from the evidence. And people who bot 24/7 do tend to get banned more frequently, which means there is a correlation there. DB staff even post "don't bot 24/7" on their wiki articles. It's very well known that 24/7 botting increases your chances of getting banned.

Also, you don't know that 99% of botters bot 24/7. In fact, I myself do not bot 24/7.

What I suspect happened is Blizzard received many complaints about botters getting assistance to rank highly on the leaderboards and took action - those accounts that were botting or playing 24/7 and were highly ranked were probably analyzed closely, then they banned the ones they could within reasonable certainty assume were botting. They obviously don't have a clear detection method for DB or we would all have been banned a long time ago, which leads me to think they are using other, less-sweeping/accurate methods to detect botters such as looking for 24/7 activity. And the argument that "90% of D3 players are botters so they won't ban us" is absolutely naive. If they could ban us they would, knowing that the majority of those banned players would buy the game again, which is more revenue for the company. It makes economic sense for Blizzard to ban botters in a non-subscription based game like D3.

Anyway, this post was made in the incorrect forum and should be moved.

4. Smartguy

Smartguy New Member

Ofc i don't know exactly, but you don't have to work in police to know how they work (if you are interested ofc). And i'm pretty sure i know how they work. Ofc i can be wrong, but...

When we say 24/7 it means almost 24/7, right ? Not exactly 10080 minutes. And the thing is... it's Diablo ! There are tons of sick people who actually play almost 24/7, i personally know two. And throwing precious resources and check people who just play a shitload of time is just stupid for a business oriented company. It's pretty obvious that they don't even have enough resources to check everyone on the ladder !

I know human psychology and i'm sure that the vast majority of botters do it for almost 24/7

The thing is. Since those banwaves started i didn't saw a single report with someone who just used a bot (doesn't matter how much time) and didn't use exploits, stupid software, didn't push for a ladder or had an insane paralevel. Maybe one or two somewhere, but that's bullshit from a troll or a bothater, just to scare us.

Agree.
      Yup.

5. Kaffee

Kaffee Member

I botted 24/7 and I did not get any ban.

6. serenevisage

serenevisage Member

My only ban (last year) came after botting almost 24/7. When I contested it, the customer service person I talked to explicitly quoted the number of hours of day (it was 22+) that I had averaged over the prior 3 months or something, and said that a human being could not sustain that.

So no, probably not their only red flag, but hey, don't be stupid. Common sense dictates that you try not to set off any red flags, and doing something humanly impossible is one of those.

7. Hayoo

Hayoo Member

I think it's mainly the leaderboards and not the playtime from personal experience. I've botted 24/7 since the start of the season 4 manning and i'm 2900 ish paragon now but i've yet to push (planning to push in solo 2-3 days before the season ends) which may explain why I haven't been banned yet.

Heck, I might just be lucky but I personally think it's more to do with leaderboards than playtime. But it's common sense for someone to more likely to get banned if they bot 24/7. The more you bot, the more chance you have getting caught.

Just my 2 cents.

8. sepefeet

sepefeet New Member

Speaking as someone hit by the 3rd wave, I would forget about any plans to get on the leaderboard at all if you want to keep your account. The majority of bans are definitely targeted at the leaderboard with a few others sprinkled in that through us off the trail at first.

9. genius7313

genius7313 New Member

So, there's DB ban wave confirmed. Why Tony keep saying it's not bcz DB ?

10. Hayoo

Hayoo Member

Not really too bothered if I lose the account or not, only positive thing is that if they ban me my energy bills will be a bit lower not having to run 4 bots 24/7 lol

11. Smartguy

Smartguy New Member

Cos it's NOT. It's 99% leaderboard and turbohud ban wave. All existing bots were hit, not only DB. If Blizzard would be able to detect DB and start a DB ban wave, there would have been hundreds of ban reports.

12. BAUERPOWER2

BAUERPOWER2 New Member

I downloaded demon buddy 7 days before the tripwire.... I had 500 hours on my account... Only a few over night while I was sleeping bot sessions... After the 2nd trip wire I stopped botting...

But was botting both days that a tripwire occurred.

I never have downloaded turbohud.

Just sucks seeing ppl gettig away with it for seasons and they still haven't been banned but I have

13. flyingst

flyingst Member

They're targeting season players who are very high up on the leaderboards.

14. BAUERPOWER2

BAUERPOWER2 New Member

Lol my clan is the leaderboards... I only started bottom because clan mates have been getting away with it for seasons... They haven't been banned yet with over 1700 hours now... (And top of leaderboards)

15. laxika

laxika New Member

That doesn't say that they not going to be banned soon.

16. toNyx

toNyx Well-Known Member

Never bot on an account you're afraid to lose. Also, don't feed the monkeys and trolls. Thanks in advance. The Direction of the Zoo

17. kienrock

kienrock New Member

with DIablo 3 , you got nothing to lose, any top tier items you can get within a week or two with bots.
      I think there is no reason for me to grinding everyday with very boring rift.
      i got banned today :)

18. Cassou

Cassou New Member

Lol, just banned...
      I have bought and installed the bot 3 days ago, used 5 hours this season...
      The bot is clearly detected...

19. lenneth13

lenneth13 New Member

nope

20. Cassou

Cassou New Member

I swear you. I have just bought my DB licence this week lol.. Maybe there are some ways to prove my good faith?