Buy EpicCarFactory
  • Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Visit Exilebuddy
  • Visit Buddystore

Looking for information from fellow botters on ban risk!

Discussion in 'Exilebuddy Forum' started by vaandoom32, Apr 9, 2018.

1. vaandoom32

vaandoom32 New Member

Hello everyone!

Information about me and my botting experience: I botted on and off in World of Warcraft for roughly 3-5 years [I really couldn't say exactly how often I did it]. This only ever resulted in a single ban, at the end of the bots life-span.
    I have also scripted in league of legends and other smaller games.

I now want to see how this bot holds up!: I have been eyeing the forums for exilebuddy for around a month, and have only seen a TINY amount of people complaining about being banned... Even moreso most doing more then one account. With that being said I hardly see any discussion related to bans.. Is this a good thing? Or is it because the community is tiny???

Info on my account: My account is through steam, has 70+ hours, level 78 witch hand leveled and done with various maps.

With all this information, is there a risk for me to bot my account and this one account only? Would you say it's worth botting to grind out maps and hopefully elders??? Thanks everyone!

2. lyvewyre

lyvewyre Member

Trying to be brief, I could ramble here. Much same experience as you with WoW, many years on and off, wasn't till late wod I got first ban due to being stupid/careless/lazy.

Exilebuddy I've been botting for on and off 3ish years. No bans, though I'm a 'casual botter' by these guys standards I think, ie I don't sell currency so cannot comment about the likelihood of banning doing that risky activity. I have 2 acc's, mainly so I can self-carry through lab and have an alt farmer while I play. I mainly bot to farm currency to buy stuff to play with on main.

So all the good stuff out of the way, I'm sure you're already aware but I want to stress do not bot on an account you 'cannot afford' to lose. While GGG hasn't been overly ban happy with EB recently, there was a time a few years ago it was pretty risky and they were very thorough. This might change if the community gets big enough to warrant it, like Honorbuddy with WoW.

Not sure about Steam to be honest, I've always used the standard platform launcher. So I can say bot holds up well for someone who generally flies under the radar of suspicious activity (I use idler, don't bot 24/7 etc).

3. vaandoom32

vaandoom32 New Member

Sounds like to be safest I should make an alternate account using the actual poe platform?

I like you @Iyvewyre only want to do this for myself. I will not sell mats, will not run 24/7. Just farming for me myself and I whenever I am away maybe 4-5 hours a day.

4. lyvewyre

lyvewyre Member

Bear in mind, second account isn't a fail safe. GGG like to ban via IP, so you could mitigate the risk by VPN'ing your second account, however even that is not a guarantee. It just takes one time to fuck up and forget to vpn first and then it is associated with the same IP as your main, not to mention the possibility that any number of your VPN's IP's are already blocked by GGG.

Anyway, if you are going to create a second account, take the time to make it look human. Do your masters, do some of the league. It is a little bit of effort that I think pays dividends when it comes to flying under the radar. You don't need masters at level 8 or anything, but at least do a few (you need to get at least one of them to level 3 anyway as well as zana by end game).

5. botelho

botelho Member

If your focus is not RMT (personal currency, 1-2 accounts) you are pretty safe using this bot, the ban rate is amazingly low with a moderated use. If you intend to RMT and manage a small/medium size farm prepare for a world of hurt untill you figure out all the ban related stuff, dont take mildly when I say world of hurt, GGG will rape you non-stop until you start to see some patterns that no1 here or anywhere else will help you and even then some bans will happen. It is a competitive market. The main public one is GGG watch with hawk eyes new accounts, think about the most effective/speedy way a botter would level a new account and do everything different.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    pilliwinx and lyvewyre like this.
  6. pilliwinx

pilliwinx New Member

This game and especially this league has TONS of bans, much more then WoW had. Every1 report at discord channel ussualy, no1 reports at forum nowadays.

7. mrfuture

mrfuture Member

All the guys saying that GGG bans a lot etc. are mostly RMT so they don't need any competition ;)

8. pilliwinx

pilliwinx New Member

yeah, pushdex is the main RMT guy here, scaring ppl of non existing bans. lets report him lol.

Attached Files:

9. pushedx

pushedx Moderator Moderator Buddy Core Dev

A lot of bans happen that don't get reported, because most people who are using EB for any length of time understand that's the nature of this game. Botting in any game is typically a losing battle, but more so in this game because GGG uses server side detection to try and catch RMT/botters.

That is not to say it's perfect, as a lot of people get away with a lot of things without ever getting caught, and others get really unlucky and get identified pretty fast (it's almost certain they are doing something really specific to get caught though).

Everyone's experience will vary though. There's nothing inherent to EB nowadays to cause people to get banned that we're aware of. A long time ago, back in 2013, we had a flagging issues due to the way the bot was designed, but that's been long since resolved with rewrites and changing the way the API works with the game.

Needless to say, if we miss something in the game and it triggers a ban wave, it would be pretty obvious in the forums with the amount of reports coming in, so while the lack of ban reports doesn't mean no one is ever getting banned, it does mean if something was wrong, you would indeed see a lot more posts.