• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [PAID] [Mage] Portal - An Advanced Honorbuddy Mage Routine [PvE/PvP]

Discussion in 'Mage' started by Millz, Aug 26, 2013.

1. kaydiechii

kaydiechii New Member

Sorry if this is a stupid question, did you pull the free version from the store? It says "Not on sale" for me, and i was looking to try it to see how it functions, as i can't currently afford the price it's at right now.

if it wasn't pulled, how exactly do i go about downloading it? Thank you.

2. dilbog

dilbog Member

Why??

3. Millz

Millz Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

Next build

I.e. Arcane Barrage after Evocation but AM still active? Need a log for that if that's what you mean.

You're meant to cast AM on 3 stacks always, regardless of charges.

https://code.google.com/p/simulationcraft/source/browse/profiles/Tier17M/Mage_Arcane_T17M.simc

Quick example:

actions.conserve+=/arcane_missiles,if=buff.arcane_missiles.react=3|(talent.overpowered.enabled&buff.arcane_power.up&buff.arcane_power.remains<action.arcane_blast.execute_time)

actions.conserve+=/arcane_missiles,if=buff.arcane_charge.stack=4&(!talent.overpowered.enabled|cooldown.arcane_power.remains>10*spell_haste)

Sure, will add for next build.

I'll add cast mirror images when icy veins active setting.

Free version hasn't been updated for WoD yet. Still too busy working on the premium ones :(

4. Melendir

Melendir New Member

I really appreciate how fast and thoroughly you operate this forum. How's the fire routine going? :p Also, I am curious of you'd know of a way to convert your profile into a bot that runs on Os Yosemite?

5. Millz

The fire rotation (or more to the point, the 'experimental rotation') isn't far off the mark. There's a few bits and pieces that need changing but overall it should be performing reasonably well.

My routines will only work with HB. Wouldn't work with other bots, sorry.

6. Melendir

Melendir New Member

I thought so. I have not put my old windows machine aside only so I can use your routine (and some gathering/questing), since parallels produces very low fps and that is annoying. I guess I will have to keep running it that way - and keep playing on ow details :ยด(

7. Paraduck

Paraduck New Member

I'm playing frost mage and I'm having a problem getting prismatic crystal/frozen orb to work properly. I don't want to lose any time w/ crystal so I want frozen orb to cast first. I have cast frozen orb on boss and cast prismatic crystal when orb is on target, but it rarely works, if at all. As of now I am manually casting both frozen and prismatic crystal. Any suggestions? Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

8. pollads

pollads New Member

Hi Milz

I am new to this CR, also a newbie mage, got your paid version yesterday.
      Frost spec works perfect for me, but arcane spec doesn't work, it will only cast some long CD spell, but no basic rotation at all. I figured it is gonna be caused by my talents or glyph. I randomly picked the talents and no glyph at all. As I said, I don't know well about this class.

Pls don't ask me to attach the log, I do not want help to fix this problem, as I don't think this would be a common issue for most ppl. I just need some advice on talents/glyph, CR settings for optimising your arcane spec CR, as a newbie pve mage. An example would be better.

Thanks

9. phillipebr

phillipebr New Member

Just bought the premium routine about a week.
      I usually play with ping 190~250ms due to my region/server, and every time it's finishing a cast, it starts to make a noise sound like key tiping (about 5~7 times) every time... Dunno if this was supposed to happen, nor how to disable that (already disabled the option in last page that sayd about Hotkey toggle sounds)...
      In fight that needs a little more mobility or I need to use Blink, it's kind of impossible to blink... No matter what I do, bot always flood with the sound of key being pressed, and I cant blink anywhere...
      Or the Polymorth... can't make it work, with singular if you attack a monster and another comes, it fast cast poly in the 2nd mob, but even with all checkbox selected, can't make poly to work...

Dunno if it's my confusion with the CR config, but i'm in trouble making this CR to work properlly... :(
      Don't even know the differnece betwen the options of lag #1 or #2

@Edit

Another problem i have is with "Ice Flow"... If i use it before walking, by myself, and I walk, the cast just interrupt anyway and the CR uses another Icy Flow...

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
    10. Millz

The Prismatic Crystal 'Target has my Frozen Orb' setting is just checking that your current target has the Frozen Orb aura applied by you - when it does it casts PC. You need to be sure the target is actually getting the FO buff. It won't cast PC if you're moving though.

Sorry, need the log file to see what's going on. I'd hazard a guess and say you haven't reloaded HB after changing spec though.

Clicking at the end of current spell cast is because it's casting the next spell to queue it up before the first one finishes. It's meant to do that :)

Blink -> You could enable manual cast detection on the hotkey tab which pauses the routine when you press a key manually.

Polymorph is aimed at PvP in Portal. Polymorphing units when questing just means cleave damage breaks the polymorph, and all the time wasted re-casting Polymorph could have been spent killing the units.

Anti lag #1 pauses routine on GCD. #2 pauses when busy casting a spell. The pausing means it's not running the *thousands* of checks, so reduces FPS lag.

There's no cancel logic in the routine for Ice Floes. Moving in game is what will be cancelling the spell cast.

11. Klauz

Klauz New Member

this wont juke in pvp just sayin

12. Ithariel

Ithariel New Member

i'm slightly confused
      Trying out the test version 2 Days

Spec Arcane

Simcraft DPS 20 - 21k
      Light Movement
      200sec fight length
      All Buffs enabled

Real Dps Butcher 17,2
      3min 30sec fight length
      Alle Buffs / Flask

Talents
      Ice Floes
      Ice Barrier
      Ring of Frost
      Cauterize
      Supernova
      Incanter's Flow
      Prismatic Crystal

Glyphs: Glyph of Blink Glyph of Regenerative Ice Glyph of Slow Glyph of Rapid Teleportation

~3k dps difference ...

Nothing changed at the settings from the cr

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
    13. Millz

It will attempt too, but Blizzard changed their code for WoD that this works from. It doesn't really work anymore. There was a 400ms delay previously, now it's 2-3ms. You need to be very, very lucky for it to work.

Did you edit the SimulationCraft action list profile to match the exact same conditions that you had in raid?

14. Ithariel

Ithariel New Member

Hi Millz thx for answering,

i hope some screenshots can help you
      my englisch isn't the best :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
    15. chucky30

chucky30 Member

Is there a way to set to attack some one as soon as they cast a spell or attack me
      I'm hunting tlpd and I keep getting killed by other players
      tux so much

16. Millz

Hey - It's the action list that you'd need to edit to match the raid conditions.. i.e. this:

[​IMG]

..for instance, is that the flask you used? Is that the food you used? Did you pre-pot? Did you edit the conditions for time warp? Every time you moved more than 10 yards did you blink?

Simulation craft is designed around optimal conditions, so to get any real value from it, you need to edit it heavily to suit the conditions of the raid so that you can get an accurate comparison. You shouldn't read into the SimC results too much.

It would switch targets once the current target has died, or if you've got no target then it should target just the attacker. If the current target is still valid then it doesn't switch to a new one until the first is dead.

17. frost21

frost21 New Member

Hows the frost mage rotation compared to sim results?

18. hotwielzz

hotwielzz New Member

I am wondering 2 things how is the fire rotation coming along and does anyone have some good settings for the combustion setting. also on twins i read somewhere on here about it stop casting when they do interrupting shout but i have not been able to figure it out so i get interrupted alot and i have tried having both of them targeted but neither helps any advice except pausing lazy raider which is what i do now?

19. kaydiechii

kaydiechii New Member

So compared to sim/my own play, my 645 arcane mage is able to hold around 20k but no matter what i do with this i can't manage to come past 17k, i am noticing that during non burn phases it doesn't hold around 91% mana, which is optimal

this was on the trial version which has since expired, i want to buy this script but i really want to make sure it can actually properly perform to optimal standards, else there really is little point to pay such a price tag for it, how is everyone elses experience with arcane?

if i am missing something can somone show me or help me set it up to be optimal? if i can maintain optimal dps with this script i will buy it, but i need to know beforehand it's not a waste of money like KingWoW is.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
    20. OnehitB

OnehitB Member

Millz can you make the routine cast Mage Frost procs as soon as possible? sometimes I have the ice lance proc but it just casts another frostbolt which takes almost 2 seconds, also, add the option to use racial on low HP since I'm a Dwarf. Thanks