• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [PAID] [Mage] Portal - An Advanced Honorbuddy Mage Routine [PvE/PvP]

Discussion in 'Mage' started by Millz, Aug 26, 2013.

1. 1glide

1glide Member

go to advanced tab and disable the overlay. then restart HB

2. Risfato

Risfato New Member

Thx a lot, It works!

3. montek916

montek916 New Member

Can someone please post a video or in-depth guide on how to set this up for arena, good hot key setting etc. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

or are their any other CR's that are good in arena so all i have to do is move? lol

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
    4. liuqyn

liuqyn New Member

For me it is never casting Arcane Barrage, just spams arcane blast and missiles until I run out of mana.

5. kandd

kandd New Member

OVERLAY?... What happened to the beautiful overlay you had? It was perfect, right in the middle of the screen to let me know the setting that was changed then gone. The new one makes me feel like I'm in prison with a fat sweaty girl and there isn't enough room to look away, all i can do is sit there looking at this fat girl on my screen... I think she has a wart... yeah no its a pimple oh wait no its overlay.

I miss old thin beautiful blue overlay.

6. thejourney

thejourney New Member

Millz for some reason I cant seem to get the combust above average with X number targets to work - and meteor casts seem to be inconsistent. Here is a log of hitting on the raider's training dummy in stormshield. It has two dummies right next to it, so the "ignite above average and with 2 targets are in range" option should basically work every time it is off cooldown and above average. But combustion was never hit, and meteor was never cast either (yes, I have "Use meteor" checked in the talents). I observed this same behavior in a raid environment.

Also, does targeting need to be on for the combustion trick to work?

7. dilbog

dilbog Member

I quiet like the new one, all the information in one place. It may not be pretty but it's easy to see.

8. dilbog

dilbog Member

You have combustion on cooldown enabled, the routine was waiting for 2 set to proc cant tell much more because the sample was only 1.45 minutes long.

your average ignite was 3000ish and you had it 2500 so thats ok.
      Try changing the combustion option from always on to ignite setting. if that fails to work remove your 2 set or if you have a 2 set in your bags try putting that in your bank.

Bty I noticed you have pause on none movement key set to 1500 thats really long.

Edit: Also if you pvp do a test arena or if pve kill a mob that will last more than a few mins I noticed that the routine can have issue with dummy's

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
    9. Millz

Millz Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

Yeah I fully agree with where you're coming from, it's just hard to automate that into the routine. I think it's one of those situations where it may be safer to run the opener yourself and toggle the pause key to allow the routine to take over once you're ready for PC to be used.

I advise against using the burst key as it skips a lot of validation checks to ensure things are being used optimally. If you're wanting to just do it for PC then you may be better off using the PC mouseover hotkey?

No harm toggling burst on, let routine place PC, then toggle it off again though. Whatever works best for you really.

Can you post a full, unedited log file please? First guess is that you haven't reloaded HB after changing spec.

Ref:
      How To Attach a Log

Ha that took a lot of work! I agree it's not very pretty, but functionally it's really handy to have everything on screen.

I'll add options to allow switching between the permanent overlay and the popup one.

Combustion didn't cast because Meteor hadn't cast (it boosts ignite value so waits for Meteor to land before casting Combustion. I'm not particularly sure why Meteor hadn't cast though.

I've found a few little inconsistencies in the code that I'll fix. Would you mind PM'ing me your Skype username to test to see if my changes resolves the issues before I push it live?

10. nightwish218

nightwish218 New Member

Don't mean to be rude but the combat routine for fire and especially arcane are badly done. There is a loss of 10k dps on arcane (I am mythic geared) when using it compared to a free routine I've used. For fire, there is also a significant loss in dps compared to manual usage (Both in end game mythic raiding).
      Note that I have only used the trial version so far, so perhaps that has a different logic to the paid version.
      Some of the problems with arcane: No supernova usage at all, odd use of arcane power, arcane barrage cast even when the number of stacks are less than 4, arcane missiles cast when the mana is above 93% instead of arcane blast, delayed casting - the mage should never reach 100 mana since its supposed to time the arcane blast/evocation in such a way that the max mana is always lower than 99%.

I haven't tested fire enough but my dps in mythic hanz/franz was significantly lower (5-10k) than what I usually output. Does it do the 2pc ignite trick mentioned on Lexi's guide?

I wouldn't critique this as much if it wasn't advertised as an end game raiding routine, but for what it is, it isn't doing enough.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
    11. Millz

Hey

The free version hasn't been updated for WoD. It's still using the old MoP rotations. I'm surprised it's still loading nevermind actually casting stuff :)

Cheers

12. nightwish218

nightwish218 New Member

Hey, thanks for your reply. I'm using the 2 day trial version and it seems to be up to date since the changelogs are very recent. For example this is the last changelog:
      [08/Apr/2015]
      - [Fire] When cooldowns hotkey disabled, the T17 2PC trick is also disabled.
      - [Fire] Removed LB multi-dotting. It's only worth casting when it can be spread to other targets.
      - Overlay now shows the toggled values permanently in a little window.
      - Overlay font sizes can now be changed.

It also has the recently implemented combustion options.

13. Millz

Hey - The trial of the premium version works, yeah - there used to be a free version which I thought you were talking about.

The arcane issues - Something probably isn't setup right - If you can post a log file I can take a look and see what's going on.

Cheers

14. nightwish218

nightwish218 New Member

Sure, attached the logs.

Attached Files:

15. stewiethecat

stewiethecat Member

having issues with autofocus, I'm doing 2s, and I have polymorph hotkeyed to my focus target. It works if i manually set my focus, but other than that, Doesn't seem to work with autofocus checked.

Attached Files:

16. montek916

montek916 New Member

CAN SOMEONE share with me their frost pvp settings please.

17. thejourney

thejourney New Member

PMed you my skype, Millz - if you still want someone to test, Im happy to.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
    18. caspersky

caspersky New Member

why i dont see it using the T172P bonce , testing on a dummy with prem. version and CDs enabled and AoE also enabled. i can see it only Combution then 1 blast to spread it , never double blast combute the other target and then spread again

19. Josh95

Josh95 New Member

Hey mate playing this in arena and the CR breaks polymorphs for absolutely no reason

20. thejourney

thejourney New Member

I've noticed this, it will polymorph someone then immediately comet storm near them.