• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [PAID] [Mage] Portal - An Advanced Honorbuddy Mage Routine [PvE/PvP]

Discussion in 'Mage' started by Millz, Aug 26, 2013.

1. shinavaka

shinavaka Member

Will the routine use the fire mage 2/4pc combustion trick opener for me? or do i have to start the rotation off like that myself

2. caspersky

caspersky New Member

that what am asking about above there also , i dont see it using it .

3. kandd

kandd New Member

Super glad to hear you are going to put the old overlay back in i really liked it.

4. geomarmorales

geomarmorales Member

I love this routine however had not been very successful in setting this up for raids. Can anyone please share there settings for PvE Heroic/Mythic raiding for Arcane plz?

Also maybe a quick explanation on hotkeys? Im new to the CR side of botting, any input would be greatly appreciated

Also is there anywhere i can go to see a full descriptions for every setting within the config? Since im new to mages it would be nice to be able to see what each option would do

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
    5. geomarmorales

geomarmorales Member

When is it ideal to activate cooldowns for burst? Should i have it disabled until certain stacks/procs?

How does the mouseover PC hotkey work? I have it set however it dosent seem to do anything. Will it only work when you have cooldowns enabled?

Is there anytime you ever use/enable burst or do you not use it at all in PvE?

Sorry for all the questions, new to arcane/CR's :(

6. caspersky

caspersky New Member

not a single answer for this yet ??

7. dilbog

dilbog Member

It will use it when the conditions are met and that depends on you setting it up correctly, like having the correct ignite value so you can achieve combustion. also get weak auras 2 to track it your self in case you need to do it yourself which sometimes you will. Also for fire I would unglyph combustion esp if you are mastery heavy because lots of smaller combustions are better than 2-3 mediocre glyphed ones. I have found even with quiet low ignite values when combustion is glyphed the routine will often only get a second one off because it's looking for X to happen.

8. dilbog

dilbog Member

Only use burst mode if you are will to skip optimal useage. For example you are using PC with burst hot key when you activate it PC will be cast even if you are not at four arcane charges, incanters flow is still building and you have 10% mana it doesnt care.
      Using cooldown hot key is better as it will wait for those conditions to be met before casting PC. Only thing about the cooldown key is that atm if it's disabled it will cast arcane barrage as soon as it hits four charges making it hard to camp charges if you are expecting to want burn phase soon. Hope that makes sense.
      As for the PC hot key just keep pressing it until it pops oh and do not use a modifier key it makes it harder for some reason.

9. shinavaka

shinavaka Member

it does not use the combustion ignite compression trick at all, it always uses a fireblast right away in the opener when i open with pyro instead of saving it for ignite compression and it never swaps targets for the compression so i think you are mistaken dilbog

10. dilbog

dilbog Member

Are you using the experimental rotation?

11. shinavaka

shinavaka Member

yes, mage is 695 ilvl with 4pc and it always starts off the rotation the same. im able to easily achieve 40k combusts on my own and the routine never hits above 20k. ill post a log in a moment

12. dilbog

dilbog Member

Aye give Millz a log, I have no idea why some guys are having issues, But in your case I defo cant help because I do not use routines for mythic progress.

P.S. Are you mastery heavy? I am only 3 ilvl higher than you and my combusts are about 56k average.

13. shinavaka

shinavaka Member

ive got a few different sets, the 40k combusts are from training dummies not with raid buffs or prepots/flasks

14. thejourney

thejourney New Member

I'd have to agree with other people millz, I know every raid/person is different but I think some generally recommended settings for raids would be helpful (and improve your sales). I've been a long-time user of portal and while I could set up everything on my own in MoP, in WoD its become much more difficult. I've been messing around with it for weeks on a variety of mythic fights and, quite honestly, I am doing better not using it. I'm sure thats because the settings are not right, but I have no idea why that is.

15. Millz

Millz Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

That log file is missing a load of important info from the start of the file - can you post a new/full/unedited log file please?

I've fixed this for the next release, sorry.

You're best off setting up the routine yourself so that you know what it's going to do. It's not very fun I agree, but only takes ~5mins to get familiar with the GUI and configure it.

Can you post a full, unedited log file please?

Ref:
      How To Attach a Log

It shouldn't cast anything direct on the target to break CC's, but it can cast AoE abilities on a target near it which will break it.

16. Millz

Millz Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

I'll update the setting files in the next build. There's no ideal settings for every boss though, so my defaults are a bit generalised.

Hotkeys ->
      - Toggle abilities are press once and it's toggled on/off.
      - Ability hotkeys are press and hold the combination until the spell has cast.

There's no documentation/guides for setting up the GUI I'm afraid. I'm a typical developer that hates to document things :(.

For most users it's easiest to leave cooldowns to cast under optimal conditions. Forcing them with burst is more advanced, and knowing when in the fight it should be done.

Mouseover PC -> move mouse in game to where to cast, then press and hold combo until it's cast.

I rarely use burst in PvE. Prefer to use cooldown hotkey - that enables you to control when to use and not to use them, but means it'll still do it's checks to ensure it's optimal before casting. Burst just forces the ability to cast.

I'll update the setting files for the next build. They're a bit out-dated now. There's no ideal settings for all fights though, so has to be generalised a bit.

17. geomarmorales

geomarmorales Member

Thank you for the response Millz - Great work!!!

18. caspersky

caspersky New Member

T17 2/4 trick fire

here attached logs, 3 bosses still not working in LFR

Attached Files:

19. ImpaledFool

ImpaledFool New Member

Hey
      I'm using the paid version and just wanted to mention my experiences and see if anyone has any thoughts.

When using fire I've noticed a couple of odd things, it doesn't seem to chain off pyro's nor does it use inferno blast as often as I would of liked.
      Now it's been a long time since I was any kind of expert on the mage but something feels off. Also I struggle to force a pyro, say I've got an instant pyro waiting or one pops I try to manually cast it and the routine will cast fireball first before casting the pyro, missing out on a chain. I've done this force casting before using other routines and using your warlock one.
      In addition to this, and the main reason I feel something isnt quite right, is that the other day during Thogar the routine seemed to work perfectly, it was chain casting pyro, popping inferno blast left right and center and I was able to force a pyro even as it had just popped and my dps was sky high. I changed spec for another fight and now as fire it just feels lackluster.

Anyway any thoughts would be appreciated. I've double checked all my settings, wiped HB's cache and whatnot so I'm a bit confused what made HB/Portal run so nicely in 1 fight and no where near since.

Thanks

20. Clubwar

Clubwar Member

In Kromog Mythic, the PC no working, i report 2 weeks ago and today i just kill him, but i need change another talents, because PC no work, never use in boss or pilar