• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [PAID] #Mage

Discussion in 'Mage' started by tolraucion, Feb 22, 2015.

1. tolraucion

tolraucion Community Developer

Thanks for the feedback, I'll look into why it's not getting the target back. The code is there and it works for me, so I'm missing something. As for using Prismatic Crystal, I've found that using it isn't a major DPS increase over the other two, they are all within a few percent of each other. I tend to use Overpowered because of it's consistency and that puts me at 85% or higher of mages my item level, and I'm missing my 4pc. For now, I would suggest switching to that or Arcane Orb. Both are supported.

2. monkz

monkz Community Developer

combustion only over xxxx should be really easy to implement.
      just another bool at the rotation and a option field where you can supply the value.
      customizable hotkeys is in my opinion a standard and helps a lot.

3. tolraucion

Adding "combustion only over xxx" is a difficult thing to add, and more importantly is a DPS loss. That won't be added.

[EDIT]From one CR creater to another, the ignite tick isn't accessable and as such you need to track it through lua events. It also requires a guess as to how long the current ignite tick is going to be accurate. Ignite tracking is a huge pain. As stated above, it's a DPS loss. During #Mage beta, it was setup to require several crits before Combustion was cast, and no matter what I set it to it was always a damage loss. Using combustion on the first available pyro chain is the highest DPS route to take. Delaying 9 seconds is a 10% damage loss, regardless of what the combusion is. Depending on gear level it could be longer than that. Without the glyph, it's even worse. Delayed Combusions are awful.[/EDIT]

Also, the hotkeys are customizable already.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
    4. monkz

monkz Community Developer

1. Setup a int variable in your settings class. name it minIgnite
      2. get the Ignite strength and save it.
      3. Now check in your routine if the ignite strenght is higher then minIgnite.

its not a "bad" lua call.. its a call several of my addons do already. you also dont need to guess how long the tick is accurate if you check right before you cast it.
      Adding a check for ignite to be ready at the start of the bool chain, prevents the routine from just checking all the time.

Also its not a dps loss... if you wait 5 seconds for ignite 4 times that high what it is using now. you cant justify using it on cooldown if the outcome does most of the time more than double the amount.
      Lets say a bossfight goes 7 mins. Using it on cooldown gives you 4 uses. lets say we wait every time 10 seconds. still 4 uses. worst case, we wait every time 20 seconds for a good ignite and we use it 3 times. if every ignite does at least 1/3 more its still a dps gain.

maybe what you are saying is right for low gear < 660. for higher gear a combustion ticking for 3 times the amount is deffinitly not a loss. ;-)

5. tolraucion

That's all great and that's why I tried it originally. However it's not accurate.

The highest ignites will always come from Pyro Chains. So, if your first Pyro Chain doesn't produce the desired ignite then you have to setup and execute another one. The minimum number of casts to do so is:

Fireball (Crit -> Heating up)
      Fireball (Crit -> Pyroblast)
      Inerno Blast (Heating up + Pyroblast)
      Fireball
      Pyroblast
      Pyroblast
      Combustion

The minimum delay time, assuming 100% crit, is 15 seconds (reduced by haste of course)

That's going to be a 15% damage reduction from just using the shitty ignite. You're also never going to get a 3x higher ignite, especially at higher gear levels where your 4pc does the pyro chain for you.

I have done the math, and tested this extensively, it is not a damage increase. It's a fun thing people like to do in order to see fun big numbers. I don't care about fun numbers, I care about high damage.

[EDIT]
      I also forgot to mention that your ignite tracking solution doesn't work. Ignite ticks every second, and as such a simple lua grab isn't accurate enough. If you find the desired ignite, and execute combusion it's likely that part of your ignite will fall off during that cast. As such you'd have to track each spell's addition to the ignite, as well as the duration of those ignites so that you can properly track whether or not you have time to cast Combustion. I appreciate you assuming I have no idea how to code though.

Lets also assume I did add the feature. What is a user supposed to set it to? Should they be doing the math themselves to calculate (3x pyro crit * mastery)? Is that too much to expect? Maybe ((2x pyro crit + 1 non crit pyro) * mastery)? If it's set too high, you'll waste enormous amounts of time, like 30 - 45% of your combustion, assuming you can even hit the number set. If it's set too low, it does nothing as a normal pryo chain will hit it anyway. Adding a useless and complex setting is always a bad option.
      [/EDIT]

6. smelt

smelt Member

I tend to agree with this sentiment. Part of the reason why I used HonorBuddy is that I dont want to think during raiding. I am just happy being within the top5 dps for most fights. You can argue that he is supposed to support the user base, but at what cost to complicating the code?

Smelt

7. dilbog

dilbog Member

Any word on being able to change the modified keys? I would like to be able to use the routine! I dont mind waiting but really it's getting to long now if you are not going to be able to do it soon please refund me.

8. tolraucion

I don't control refunds, that's for you to do within the legal amount of time. As for adding hotkeys without modifiers, they will be in the next version.

9. thejourney

thejourney New Member

I cant get this thing to combust...ever. Even with "burst mode" set to always and burst enabled.

10. tolraucion

Logs?

11. thejourney

thejourney New Member

See attached. Also, this needs some sort of AOE toggle setting...and something to set to not use meteor or combustion unless >X targets.

12. tolraucion

There is already an AoE toggle, and Meteor is a very large single target damage boost. If you don't want it to auto-use Combustion and Meteor change Burst to never, and use the hotkey.

As for the logs, where were you testing to get this log? It looks very different form the tests I run. What talents were you using? What was burst mode set to? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to make sure I can help the best way possible.

Oops, I forgot to ask, do you have the 2 or 4pc tier bonus?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
    13. thejourney

thejourney New Member

The log is a test on the garrison training dummy. I have the 2PC and 4PC bonus.

A non-trivial amount of damage comes from meteor in cleave fights, especially things like darmac (pack beasts) and thogar (multiple adds). Having a setting to use meteor and combustion with >= X targets would greatly improve performance on those fights.

14. tolraucion

Thanks for the information, I'll take a look and see what I can do.

As for the extra setting, while I agree that you get a lot of damage from bursting at specific times on those fights, adding a setting like that is very confusing. For instance, what number should the user set that to? For the most part I am 100% against adding new settings. You can already do this by using the burst mode hotkey.

15. Dreamteam

Dreamteam Member

Hi Tolraucion,

I've just downloaded your trial 2 days", I see it in the HB window, stands like this * #Mage v1.4.2 But the actual program can not be selected, it simply dosen't show in my selections, just some others that I'm using. Any ideas what I can do, and now my trials just runs and can't really try it out.. Thanks!

/Dreamteam

Edit: My apologize, it is me who dosne't look what I'm doing. I made an priest instead of an mage DOH, Sorry for that, all is good.

Last edited: May 7, 2015
    16. tolraucion

No problem, if you're leveling a mage you probably don't want to use #Mage as it's meant for max level. If it work out though, that's great ^_^

17. Dreamteam

Dreamteam Member

Thanks for the reply. Okay but if #Mage v1.4.2 means max level, what should you reccomend to use, or do you also made one for lower levels?

18. tolraucion

#Mage should "work" it just won't do it well. I'm sorry I can't recommend another paid routine as that would violate the forum rules. I will tell you that when I level mages I use Singular. While it's not super great damage, it has the least bugs and works with everything. Give it a try and come back when you're max level ^_-

19. Dreamteam

Dreamteam Member

Hi again Tolraucion,

Thanks once again for replying. And I understand that you can't say anything. Have an great day!

20. kamatoz

kamatoz New Member

del

Last edited: May 8, 2015