• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Make a fully afk'able Cosmic Wings profile and get paid

Discussion in 'Demonbuddy Forum' started by ThatOneDude, Jul 26, 2018.

1. ThatOneDude

ThatOneDude Banned

As the title says I'm offering $100 USD to whomever makes a fully afk'able Cosmic Wing profile. Payment would have to be some type of prepaid Visa gift card since I don't use Paypal.

The profile(s) must;

Farm RBG's, kill said RBG, enter Whimsydale, kill every mob and explore the entire map, loot all legendaries, then reset the game and continue farming them.

This also assumes there's nothing wrong with the bot and that it won't vendor the Cosmic Wings, but this is something that obviously hasn't been tested since who knows when (if ever)

Tilma likes this.
    2. Phelon

Phelon Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

That right there is reason enough to not do this as that is completely out of the person who makes the profile control.

That being said. Give me a full log of it failing and I will take a quick look and see if I can find a quick fix.

Tilma likes this.
    3. wmikejr

wmikejr New Member

Don't stress. I already have it working 99% of the way. I just haven't had wings drop yet to verify it 100%.

They need to spend < 1 hour learning to fix the fucking profile and update the locations. Mine runs perfect with your updated Trinity release.

Thank you for your help Phelon.

Phelon likes this.
    4. ThatOneDude

ThatOneDude Banned

I'll have to run it again and watch until it finds one.

Edit - It might be worth testing a Falcon Wing profile to see if the wings can even be vendored in the first place (since they're also legendary), and then see what the bot does. You'd have to test from an account that doesn't have them though.\

Edit 2 - Someone already supplied a log here.

https://www.thebuddyforum.com/threads/whimsydale.420164/

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    5. ThatOneDude

ThatOneDude Banned

Found a few tonight using the internal profiles since it stands on the portal and doesn't reset.

Log 1 is where one RBG escaped, I suppose it was on too high of a Torment level and it spent too much time going after the elites.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/27g7etb0llri8sd/RG Escaping.txt?dl=0

Log 2 is where I lowered it to T1 so there's no way the RBG wouldn't die, it stood on the portal and kept repeating the same text so I manually went in and cleared it. I still think that if I were to enter and enable the Whimsydale profile it would try to reset the game.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gtwmbzo0wr82ozj/AFK on portal.txt?dl=0

6. Phelon

Phelon Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

Well share it with them when you verify then =)

7. dum dum

dum dum Member

The problem I was running into was profile tags not seeming to work as expected. It seemed like DB was either not fully executing them, or getting out of sync in some way. Like, at some point it wants to skip a bunch of steps, or even just one step, and then once it's off script there's no telling what result your going to get. Profiles that only accurately execute 90-95% of the commands inside them cannot be called working profiles.

I don't really have enough knowledge to even know how to adequately describe the problem, let alone fix it.

There is one concrete example I can give that I was able to witness firsthand a couple of times. On some of the <Explore/> steps where the stopcondition is locating the exit portal to the next level the bot will literally get right next to the exit portal without recognizing it so the <Interact/> never gets called. Then it will finish its <Explore/> and immediately restart the game. Since it thinks it never found the exit portal it doesn't know what else to do. To me, that seems like something internal to DB or Trinity, like a step is being missed. It happens fairly regularly.

I tired getting around that issue by implementing a profile setting check so that if a certain area doesn't get reached (cleared) then the bot would run back through the profile steps, giving it another chance to find the portal. Problem with that was that A) it is inefficient as hell timewise, and B) the explore nodes never reset even when explicitly directed to by the profile so the bot would end up in this loop where it basically ran in circles and never progressed.

Another issue I noticed firsthand was that something about the special level areas in the game is not conducive to DB working smoothly. Whether you use <Explore/> <ClearLevelArea/> or even just direct <MoveTo/> commands it ends up getting bogged down like a mother fucker. TPS dropping to 0.00 and sitting there for like 5-10 seconds, so, of course, you end up getting your shit pushed in by mobs. This happens across all the special areas; Cow Level, Whimsydale, and, to a lesser extent, the Vault.

I mean, to get right down to it, there is a reason that profiles which used to work fine suddenly no longer do after DB's triumphant return. And that reason probably doesn't have as much to do with the profiles themselves as it does something native to DB or Trinity. More likely DB than Trinity.

I still fuck with it on the side just because it's an interesting problem and an easy way to kill a few hours.

8. ThatOneDude

ThatOneDude Banned

A few other things worth noting. Sometimes it gets stuck next to Pools of Reflection and/or chests even when set not to open chests and I see the cursor making the 'grasp' animation, but it's not actually interacting with the object.

It looks like the internal profile will clear Whimsydale if you stop the bot then load it up after entering. It also seems to override the settings you have for what it attacks, I think. That's something you'd actually prefer since you don't want the bot spending ages clearing a section due to mobs, but you do want it clearing Whimsydale. I'm not entirely sure if it just happened to kill the elites because they were in the way or due to the profile settings since it did skip some trash mobs.

Having said that, the profile also tries to reset the game immediately after teleporting to Core of Arreat, so I'm wondering if it might do the same like the modified one does as soon as it enters Whimsydale. It also occasionally does this after entering other areas.

I also noticed practically every 10 seconds it says "Rainbow Goblin Portal up"

As of right now using the internal profile is still great for finding RBG's, so at least we have that.

9. ThatOneDude

ThatOneDude Banned

Confirming that if you pause DB, manually enter the portal, and then unpause DB it will clear Whimsydale, reset the game, and presumably switch back to the other profile. I had logging disabled so I didn't see changes and just watched DB do its thing.

There doesn't appear to be a need to switch profiles once you enter Whimsydale. For all I know it does that right before it tries to enter.

So the only known issue is entering portals.

10. Mellowhype

Mellowhype Member

I just caught hawk wings, so the script works perfectly, only the problem is when it enters the gate of the rainbow and leaves before begins.
      In other words, it will catch cosmic wings

11. ThatOneDude

ThatOneDude Banned

12. Mellowhype

Mellowhype Member

13. ThatOneDude

ThatOneDude Banned

Confirming that when using the internal profile if you enter Whimsydale without first pausing DB it will immediately try to leave the game after entering.

It occasionally behaves the same way in other areas after teleporting/entering new areas/levels and always after teleporting to Core of Arreat.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    14. wmikejr

wmikejr New Member

I 100% agree about the profile tags not working correctly in the special areas. I can't find any comfortable way to handle it, no matter what I do. I want to check trinity and see if the issue exists there first, since it is something we can do ourselves.

Mine currently enters whimseydale and immediately logs out. At this point, I want to find a profile tag to stop the bot.

15. ThatOneDude

ThatOneDude Banned

That directly contradicts your first post in this thread which sounds extremely fishy. You even admit that ' your profile' performs no differently than the other available profiles.

16. dum dum

dum dum Member

Since multiple heads are better than one I'm going to upload a slightly modified version of Nerder's Goblin farm profiles so other users can test it along with me. The incidence of Rainbow Goblin Portals while I happen to be sitting at the computer and watching is fairly low. So far I have directly witnessed one and this profile seemed to work correctly, but, as we all know, just because a profile works once doesn't mean it's going to work twice... or even consistently.

What seems to be happening is that whenever a new area is loaded DB treats that as though a completely new game has started. You can see this whenever trying to run bounties without using the profiles I provided in my other thread. As soon as you use a waypoint or enter a portal it reruns its "find bounty" coroutine. Something that should only happen after a bounty is completed or on a new game start, not a simple zone change. You enter a portal and everything gets reset. The end result is that your character hops all over the act like a madman looking for a bounty to complete. It doesn't seem to do this 100% of the time, just a lot of the time. Probably because there is at least a 20% chance that the find bounty coroutine will return the bounty quest you've just taken a waypoint/portal to. Regardless, this zone change treated as new game thing is bad because even if you switched to another profile before using the portal/waypoint DB will load the original profile you were using prior to what it perceives as the "new" game starting. I'm not sure why it does this, I just observe that it does seem to.

Now, as to why this is breaking Cosmic Wing profiles. Assume you find the portal and enter it. Instead of evaluating the next line in the <When/> condition, which would be to load the whimsydale clear profile, the use of the portal causes the entire profile to be reset back to start position. So now, the only thing it can do is run through all it's <if/>, <When/>, and <While/> conditions until one of them evaluates as true, and if none of them do it will simply exit the game since the <LeaveGame/> tag gets called with no sanity checks. This lines up with what other users have experienced. Bot finds the portal, uses it, and then immediately exits the game. I've tried to "fix" this by nesting <LeaveGame/> into an <If/> statement, and adding conditions in order to verify we actually want the game to be reset. I've also added the clear to the initial profile, so if all else fails we can at least have a beneficial <if/> condition we want evaluating as true. This opens the door to other issues, but better the devil you know, so to speak.

Whether or not this has actually fixed it remains to be seen. So, try it out. let me know if it works for you.

Note: keep this file out of your Demonbuddy profiles folder. I have not changed the default name so fuckery will ensue if you try to put this there then run it. You'll either end up overwriting the default, or this will revert to default and not work any better than they do. Just put it in a folder somewhere and run it that way.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
      ThatOneDude likes this.
    17. ThatOneDude

ThatOneDude Banned

Thanks for this

It entered the portal and cleared, but my TPS went down to 7 for most of the Whimsydale clear. There was a rare mob that it engaged but never killed. There are a few alcoves where it doesn't fully explore, so that might be an issue if Lillian is near the perimeter. If it is then we can use a build that's still fast and will 1 shot the mobs.
      It also cleared Core of Arreat, which is nice.

It occasionally likes to reset the game after entering a new area, but that's not really an issue as long as it's not done upon entering Whimsydale.

I'm leaning towards counting this as a working profile which means you'd get paid if I decide this is fully functional.

18. dum dum

dum dum Member

I replaced the <Explore/> tag with <ClearLevelArea />. Download that one and give it a try. Should do a full clear now as long as it doesn't try to do a town run before it's finished clearing. Town Runs break pretty much any profile nowadays, but this one in particular.

Don't worry about paying. If you feel you have to do something, donate to your local NPR station. They can always use the money.

I've had this profile running all night. Got pets out the wazoo when I woke up. I'm going to continue fine tuning it. It's clear to me there are elements of the profile that aren't working 100% as intended, but not requiring a profile switch in order to clear whimsydale seems to be the fix we needed. From there it's just a matter of cleaning up the structure.

ThatOneDude likes this.
    19. ThatOneDude

ThatOneDude Banned

Well that's awesome of you, thanks.

I've gotten about 5 RBG's today. I don't want to go into too much detail which would help Blizzard figure out who I am since I'm sure they're checking out this thread.

I have noticed it passing some goblins if they're far away, e.g. in Cath 1 if there's a goblin on the lower part of the long section with stairs. That's not really an issue since this does appear to be fully afk'able.

So you're saying you edited it again ?

Anyways, the only issue I think I foresee is if the following combination of circumstances occurs;

Coming in contact with an enemy doesn't cause it to die almost instantly
      If you don't have attacks that go outwards by maybe half the width of where an alcove is at it's widest
      Lillian's at the edge of an alcove

Example, you're doing this on a WW barb, you go to an alcove but DB stops right before the teardrop/foot-shaped part, or even only partially in. You never got close enough to engage Lillian. To solve that I'd play it on normal and switch runes around so simply coming into contact with a tornado not only engages Lillian but kills her. So if you're on your way out the bot will definitely come back since a legendary is detected.

It's then possible it might not engage Lillian, unless there's special targeting logic for her that I'm not aware of. If the bot doesn't rely on an ID for cosmetics and simply relies on a name, then it should loot Cosmics based on the logic that it loots Falcon Wings

I'll set DB to attack elites and see if it behaves differently in Whimysdale as I haven't seen an obvious example where an elite is far enough in an alcove that shows me DB is actually targeting them in Whimsydale and their death isn't simply due to collateral damage.

I'll also giving farming this on a MS DH a try to see, but It'll likely be far too slow.

Edit - Obviously that issue can be avoided if you have Trinity set to attack elites.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
    20. ThatOneDude

ThatOneDude Banned

Using the updated profile where you replaced tags, it idled after entering the portal.

I only tested that once though.