• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Make tortiose svn run as admin....

Discussion in 'Honorbuddy Support' started by shwn, Dec 27, 2012.

1. shwn

shwn New Member

I can use svn fine under my admin account on my pc but on a normal user it reads error "Access is denied". Trying to dl professionbuddy and have looked for a setting or a way to make tortiose run as admin but cant find anything. Help would be great, or simply a .zip of professionbuddy would be sweet... Thanks a lot.

2. shwn

shwn New Member

nice thanks. works now.

3. bambam922

bambam922 Well-Known Member Moderator

have fun!

4. toliman

toliman Member

if you want it to run as a user, that might be tough. with UAC elevation, it should run just fine, just right click and set the properties for the file, or create a shortcut and elevate the shortcut to admin.

i'm not even sure why you had the problem in the first place TBH. You shouldn't need admin access if you're using TortoiseSVN, it will use shell access from the current user, which should write files anyway.

i'd hazard to guess you have HB inside a folder on Program Files, which may lead to issues with SVN writing files there (as a user)

for SVN updates, you could try to create a shortcut instead.*

step 1

move HB into another folder so it doesn't need admin access to store and change files.

if you make a folder on the main C:\ drive, called Games or Bots (needs admin access), you can install programs there that won't need user permissions. or if you have a second drive, i.e. D:\, that wont need user permissions.

step 2

diagnosing permissions with SVN is not that simple. the SVN update option in explorer (with TortoiseSVN) uses the current user's permissions, so you need to elevate the explorer window (which is doable),

but it might be easier to make a SVN script for troubleshooting purposes, and you can also throw in all the dozens of SVNs into the same file to save time browsing and updating folders..

i.e. open up notepad, save a file as updateSVN.cmd on the desktop (may need to rename this using a command prompt)
      put the following entry inside it.

"C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin\TortoiseProc.exe" /command:update /closeonend:1 /path:"C:\Bots\Honorbuddy\Bots\ProfessionBuddy"

and save the file again.

if you can run the updateSVN.cmd file and it works, but is access denied,
      then you can right click the updateSVN.cmd and run as an admin to see if you still need admin permissions.

try that, and see how it goes from there.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012