• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Making Gil

Discussion in 'Rebornbuddy Forum' started by RhysG, Jan 16, 2014.

1. RhysG

RhysG Member

So, I am new to botting in FFXIV. I managed to get Botany to 50 and purchase full botanist gear with the gil I have made via questing on my BLM.
      I am now struggling with gil and am wondering what you guys think is the best way to make Gil as a botanist?

Im currently attempting to make profiles that farm shards, but I am still new to this and its not going great.
      Any other ideas on what to farm?

Cheers

2. Ash

Ash New Member

Nothing gathered other than the various tiers of crystals sells well in bulk. And the shard market is usually flooded with bots, or shards from non-crafters doing dailies. Logs are alright to sell to people leveling carpentry, but that market typically gets flooded b/c you level carpenter for the 50 skill and never actually make much with it. Depending on the server size, you could try selling the ingredients for high level crafted food.
      Highland parsley, sun lemon, ala mhigan mustard for Deviled Eggs
      Button mushrooms, Midland cabbage, desert saffron for Buttons in a Blanket
      Gridanian walnut for La Noscean Toast
      Thanalan tea leaves and pearl ginger for Mulled tea

Look at your server's market board, check all the items, and see which ones have both a good price and high volume. No point in putting an item up if it rarely sells.

3. Yasuko

Yasuko Member

I agree with this. You will basically only make money for mats for 1 star/2 star crafting sets such as cooking. With how long it takes to grind botany/mining up, the markets are normally always flooded with average mats.

4. RhysG

RhysG Member

So the only stuff that really sells is the stuff you get at level 50 rather than anything along the way?

And are shards worth farming to sell in bulk or just not bother due to competition?

5. Ash

Ash New Member

Well, look at your server's market board and make a judgment. On mine, in the early days way before 2.1 shards went from 30-60 gil each, so they were by far the best item to far at low levels, and most other levels besides. Now, they're all at less than 10gil each, due to both bots and the influx of shards from dailies.