• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • MidShaman KaraPostNerv up to 65% WR, Standard

Discussion in 'HearthBuddy Custom Decks' started by OtisRight, Oct 9, 2016.

1. OtisRight

OtisRight New Member

1. Download HSBToolBox made by Lazy Cat from here
      2. Paste all files into your Hearthbuddy folder, where Hearthbuddy.exe is
      3. Now start the bot and activate the Plugin
      Unbenannt.jpg
      4. Go to Settings, Next to Stats there should be "ToolBox" now. There are also two buttons, that say "I see misplay".
      Unbenannt.jpg
      5. Whenever you see a misplay, click on that button, doesn't madder if the bot is running or not, but make sure you didn't start a new match in Hearthstone.
      6. Save the file and upload it in this thread.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
    2. derdj

derdj Member

Quite interesting, tried Rag as well and went 12-21 from 10 to 11 on EU this evening. I will test this night again to compare it.

3. Iso

Iso Member

My testing wasnt good with deck with some replacements.

1) Mulligan for Mana Tide Totem is not a good idea. Maybe with very strong starting hand yes, but it keeps Mana Tide with really shitty hand.
      My mod runs 2nd Mana Tide Totem - bot keeps both. My fault, but should keep 0.

2) UILogg_2016-10-19_19-57-29.zip comments inside.

3) UILogg_2016-10-19_20-16-18.zip comments inside.

4) UILogg_2016-10-19_20-22-57.zip comments inside.

5) Long, over 3 sec, calculations. Had to interrupt last fight due to unfinished turns. UILogg_2016-10-19_20-33-08.zip
      What to change to fix it? i3 processor, no such problems before on different settings.

Attached Files:

4. OtisRight

OtisRight New Member

5. Iso

Iso Member

6. OtisRight

OtisRight New Member

Catching up with you guys :D

I made some changes, witch include the bugs/misplays I got from your logs and went for a testrun. After 4 hours I went 18-9 from rank 9 to 6 :)
      Unbenannt.jpg
      I will update the files for you guys when I come back from work today.

7. bobdu40

bobdu40 New Member

thx alot otis

8. OtisRight

OtisRight New Member

Update4 Download updated in first post!
      • update for Hearthbuddy 0.3.1290.318 - make sure you update HB before you replace the files!!
      • decklist updated: -1 Fire Elemental + 1 Ragnaros the Firelord
      • fixed playing thunderbluffvaliant after heropower was used
      • added penality for throwing away manatide totem
      • PriorityMinions List
        • added some minions
        • tweaked priority numbers of existing ones(the consequences need more testing)
      • hex/polymorph
        • added small penality if the target already lost some HP
        • increased bonus if the target is a priorityMinion
        • added small bonus if the target is a 3/6 or 5/4 minion, but is not a priorityMinion(Twilight Guardian, Tomb Pillager etc.)
      • lowered bonus to equip spiritclaws a bit

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
    9. Iso

Iso Member

Does it work with new HB version for you guys? I have this errors on bot startup:

Attached Files:

• log.txt
        File size:
        11.9 KB
        Views:
    10. OtisRight

OtisRight New Member

I like that "Hearthbuddy Otis" folder :)

Update4.1 Download updated in first post!

- Files updated for Hearthbuddy 0.3.1293.321 -make sure you update HB before you replace the files!!
      - no additional changes this time

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
    11. Iso

Iso Member

I knew u'd love it :)

Well, not a fucking chance: 2/6 33.33%. Not your config fault nor bad matchups nor my cards change. This bot just does so damn stupid missplays and I'm so angry I want to delete it after I watch 2-3 games. :(

Otis, you tried Sepefeets Silverfish nad you posted you liked it. Is it good? I just seems want to give up on reporting all these stuff... I report, after month and 4 updates missplays are still there... like why the hell bot plays Totemic Call + Fire Totem on empty board if new spawned totem cant attack this turn - this kind of stuff makes me have a headache instantly...
      Personally I cant even make Sepefeets mod to mulligan what I want to, but maybe it's the way?

12. OtisRight

OtisRight New Member

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
    13. sepefeet

sepefeet New Member

My SF and Dre's configs get a lot of people to rank 5 every month and some even higher...

I would like to provide some insight here about misplays though. When we have a log of a misplay we can rerun the board through the sim (still not sure exactly how HB SF does it without a .exe to do it though), try to fix it, and resim it until the fix works FOR THAT SPECIFIC BOARD. SF is based on assigning value to the board based on what is on it so sometimes we add a small penalty value to avoid doing a play unless there is no other options, sometimes a larger one to always prevent it unless there is lethal, sometimes the card sim is wrong so it needs to be fixed to be accurate like fixing spirit claws so that SF always knows whether it has +2ap or not, and when rng is involved it has to do a lot of guessing. I'm not trying in any way to defend the HB devs (they are selling a product, I am not) and I don't know whether they've done anything about that specific misplay, but I myself often fix the same bug multiple times either because I made a mistake the first time or I didn't know about all the situations it could occur or it's something that needs very fine tuning of numbers and even then it may rarely make the move over a slightly better one... it often feels like voodoo. In short, even if you do end up liking mine, you will still see lots of dumb moves. I try my best to fix them but it is very time consuming.

Like Otis said, have a look at the existing configs, especially Dre's. It's also explained at the top of my mulligan.cs file which is linked in my OP or in the files you download.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
    14. pwasilewski

pwasilewski New Member

Good Morning,

I have to say that Update 4 and 4.1 doesnt work for me for all last days how some1 higher wrote. Update 3 bring me to rank 5 and after that Im dropping continuosly (atm rank 10).

15. OtisRight

OtisRight New Member

So I was looking at the files from Dre from the HR forums, converted them to match the HB Silverfish and tested them with my existing stuff. After ~5 hours of botting I went from rank 6 to almost rank 4 with 64% winrate :)
      Unbenannt.jpg

Also I want to say:
      I don't get how some people get such bad results sometimes. I'm not able to help you when you say "it sucks...I lost a lot" without telling me what went wrong. I posted a step by step guide how to provide logs but only got some from Iso. After 450+ downloads on my files I assume some people just don't care.

The biggest problem with the bot is "Knowledge", obviously. For instance: When I play against a mage and he plays turn 2 Novice, turn 3 Secret...I know it's a freeze mage and the secret is Block or Barrier. The bot doesn't know that and will play around all possible secrets by thowing away a random spell, playing a low cost minion etc. Or another exemple: When I play against a hunter and he plays secretkeeper turn one, I know it's aggro/face hunter and he won't have big minions so I can use my Hex on smaller stuff. The bot doesn't know that either and will save Hex...I can give you hundreds of examples, but can we change anything about that? I don't think so...Anyways....

Update5 Download updated in first post!

• updated mulligan and combo files(credits go to dre) - comments are inside
      • updated settings file(credits go to dre)
        (the settings are set kinda high, but they work fine on my pc - feel free to tweek them if you get any problems)
      • Existing Penalities
        • increased drastically for playing flametongue if no minions are ready
        • increased for using lighningbolt on minions without being able to kill them this turn
      • added bonus for attacking hero with 3 attack spiritclaws if we have another one in hand and the current one has >1 durability
      • fixed using hex on priorityMinions with < 3 attack and < 4 hp (thalnos, koboldgeomancer, wildpyromancer etc.)
      • added small peality for using hex on manatide and acolyte of pain if the enemy has a lot of cards in hand already

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
    16. e5280103

e5280103 New Member

感謝你的文章

17. sepefeet

sepefeet New Member

FYI be very careful about copying stuff from other branches of SF. Dre especially does lots of micro optimizations that are tuned for mine. Even the tiniest changes with any branch of SF can fix one problem but cause a slew of others.

Some of those micro optimizations you mentioned can theoretically be fixed but a meta shift could totally change those assumptions so I always have to ask myself, is it really worth the time?

18. Iso

Iso Member

I do confirm. Feedback in log's comments. Not sure if it safe to use for your current rating if you care.

Attached Files:

19. Iso

Iso Member

2 on 4 lost games I analysed had Totemic Call + Fire Totem and it wasnt Taunt totem... once on empty board and once to feed enemy for free... Until it's fixed I guess it's more about luck "to not have board wiped before bot WANT to drop Flame totem" :)

20. OtisRight

OtisRight New Member

I don't think the misplays have anything to do with the new settings. I went through all the code that I have made/modified and found some bugs(thanks to coolmaster for chatching my attention on it).
      I noticed that the bot calculates longer but didn't rope/skip turns, yet :) Please report immediately if that happens to you.

Update5.1 Download updated in first post!

• fixed some code in BehaviorMidrangeShaman
        • fixed missing lethal(still need confirmation from coolmaster)
        • fixed flametongue playing with no minions ready(finally!-some code did overwrite my penality)
        • fixed giving minions with inspire too much value
      • added small bonus to use totemiccall
      • fixed typo witch handles the use of shaman hero power under different circumstances
      • fixed using ooze on weapons with less then 2 attack(applies only to rogue, warrior and paladin)
      • tweaked some mulligan and combo rules