• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [MIN] - All Shards & Crystals Farm

Discussion in 'Mining-Botany Profiles' started by Tinytox, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Tinytox

Tinytox Member

Let me reiterate and state here that most of this was not developed by me, I grabbed it off of the forums here a year or more ago. I've altered this profile quite a bit, fixing problems with it and changing some logic so that it doesn't get stuck at max shards/crystals.

The idea for this profile is simply to max out your shards/crystals. There will always be that limitation of getting more shards than crystals. If this is a problem, sell, give away, store, or otherwise remove some shards from your inventory so that it gets to or near max crystals. I've used this to fill both of my retainers and my own shard/crystal inventory to essentially max. The logic specifies only 9900 shards/crystals as max, as if you have too many it will get stuck at a node and not continue.

Script base originally posted by onyxial. I have posted this script in other locations, but as far as I recall, never created a thread for it specifically. This script has been tested repeatedly to be 100% afkable in the past, though I haven't tested it within the last 3 months or so. (Should work fine). Even if utilizing a tool that can automatically acquire the shards for you, this is still preferable to cut down on extra zones and trips when you have a specific goal in mind.

I hope it comes in handy! Feel free to post feedback, but do remember I wasn't the initial author!

Note: As far as my input is concerned, anyone is more than welcome to add this script to their packages for redistribution, SVN, etc. I suppose I can't speak for Onyxial, and if they request me take the file down, I would oblige, though, I am assuming that it will not be a problem, as we're all just here to share! :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
      fragler and y2krazy like this.
    2. fragler

fragler Member

i will try this out thank you! btw, which botbase do you load this profile with? any requirements? where do i start script?

edit: tried to load profile with gathering botbase and RB crashes.

edit: loaded in order botbase and worked just fine. ty! also, is this profile suppose to collect crystals and shards at the same time? ie grab crystals when they pop up, otherwise shards? it this is the case, if the crystal is not discovered or is still unknown, will it still farm it anyway?

Last edited: May 10, 2016
    3. Tinytox

Tinytox Member

Order bot.
      I generically recommend level 50+, and decent gear, but it's really not necessary.
      If they are hidden you will not be able to collect, so good point. That is relevant unfortunately. We use the name check as not to keep trying to hit an empty slot, or at least that's the only way I know how to do it, so they will have to have been previously discovered.

It will always prioritize crystals over shards if it can. If either crystals or shards are greater than 9900, it will stop collecting and proceed to the next type, unfortunately there's no great way to balance this other than doing so manually.

Thanks for the interest, and I hope it helps!

4. fragler

fragler Member

yes it is helpful. thank you! it is working well! i been manually mining the area when it goes to a new area to find the crystals, besides that it's been great.

thanks again!

5. Tinytox

Tinytox Member

A bit of an inconvenience I'm sure, sorry about that! Maybe there's a tag that can be used, I think ExMatt has one in his ExBuddy package that does "Uncover New" or something like that, but aside from that can't think of a good way to combat it.

Glad it's working for you, though!

6. Evz

Evz Member

I know it's asking a lot, but anyone looking to update this? It was great until Stormblood. Everything still moves correctly, it just doesn't collect anything once it gets to the node. Would be greatly appreciated.