• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Monk: Combat routine tweaks (post 2.1.2 patch)

Discussion in 'Combat Routines' started by joka666, Jan 18, 2015.

1. cjmd2003

cjmd2003 New Member

when i change any thing with in the trinity folder period trinity no longer shows up in my plugins list

2. krislicoque

krislicoque New Member

3. cjmd2003

cjmd2003 New Member

any one ?

4. Nymerius

Nymerius Member

They are both easily found on the monk forums at battle.net, diablofans, reddit, etc.

5. Nymerius

Nymerius Member

If any of the syntax is messed up then the plugin seems to turn itself off by default. If you are copying and pasting a section of code over another, make sure it's in the right place, that someone has confirmed it's working, and that you got all of the relevant code. If you are copying and pasting an entire combat cs you shouldn't have any trouble as long as people have verified it's working. When you update trinity it can overwrite the routines though so it's best to do fresh install with everything fully updated, before making changes.

6. joka666

joka666 Member

unfortunately if you want to bot with a monk at present the only advise I can give is have a separate installation of DB .392 purely for botting with monk as the combat routine in this thread works far better than the one in the latest DB and also seems far easier to tweak.

I haven't time at present to look at the newest one spent a few hours yesterday trying stuff out and it just doesn't work the same.

I think they have made changes to the combat logic and it seems more difficult to get the desired effects.

TIP for krislicoque : never link your armory profile as you will be banned ;)

currently (imo) hexwuko is the fastest t6 profile and in s2 it is definitely the fastest (although TR-hex is quick for pure t6 too) I have a varient of the build in my signature.

I will update this thread for any and every change I can find for those who want to use .392 for the time being, but EP+WoL simply does not work in newest DB :(

7. Nymerius

Nymerius Member

Yes it does. I linked a monk .cs that does work. It's pretty good actually.

8. krislicoque

krislicoque New Member

Dont worry its not my profile that I linked.

I see your Hexwuko build linked in your signature. But can you tell me what items to use?

Using the build you suggest and the monk.cs file.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
    9. joka666

joka666 Member

something like this (gear is right, build might be changed slightly, as may gems, thinking of ditching taeguk)

10. Gigofar

Gigofar Member

Sadly i can't get it work with DB or DB beta :s

11. S o u L D u s T

S o u L D u s T New Member

12. joka666

joka666 Member

just another variation of hexwuko using ltk rather than WoL to proc EP chain

no it is fairly awful actually, it is good if you are running a bellwuko monk with Tzo equipped and just run about the map spamming bells.

placing EP on 1,2 or 3 mobs then dropping Bell is a totally different matter and in .398 it doesn't do this, I watched the bot in over 20 rifts this afternoon and it is painful to watch, it is slow as hell ( even with your linked modded .cs) they have definitely screwed the logic in monk combat since .398

20 t6 rift comparison:

.398 - running my usual hexwuko I get 1.1b exp avg in T6 (over 20 rifts), the bot likes to spam either EP continually on elites or bells continually on trash (this might be your modded .cs doing this) it is slow to change targets, slow to move betweem groups and seems to want to stay static in the middle of mobs casting EP on elites, maintains SW OOC but always seems to drop immedaitely post combat whether it is trash or elite.

.392 - running my usual hexwuko I get 3.2b exp avg in T6 (over 20 rifts), the bot likes to switch from pack to pack, casting ep then bells after 2nd or 3rd EP cast, pack explodes and it moves onto another, follows the exact same logic whether trash or elite (would be nice if it targetted trash over elite to proc EP faster), sw is maintained thus maintaining taeguk at maximum most of the time ( does have a few issues where it will drop in combat)

if you look at the combat files the monk combat files is huge in comparison to others, maybe suggesting that it is a more in depth combat routine and therefore may be prone to issues, the thing is it was nearly right in .392, we had community members providing tweaks which was making a very very good combat system, then .398 dropped and it has become a bit of a mess imo

this needs work and love because unless you are playing bellwuko build there is no point botting monk using DB as it stands now, which is sad because it is a fantastic class!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
    13. Hirobo

Hirobo New Member

Does anyone have a copy of .392 or know how i would go about getting it?

14. Andongni

Andongni Member

Did you report this issue to the dev team?

15. Dogger

Dogger New Member

Looking too :)
      For better monk , the .398 is terrible for Monk

16. Nymerius

Nymerius Member

Interesting. On mine it was dropping 2-3 EPs and then belling stuff dead, just as it was supposed to do. Maybe you had other tweaks involved that interfered with that .cs? All I know is it was kicking out rifts every three or four minutes. Seemed to take longer to savage and drop into stash, log out, and start the next game than to finish the rift, which is not a function of the monk .cs.

17. howmakewood

howmakewood New Member

Enough gear and EP is useless in t6, better to drop it and use it in gr only

18. joka666

joka666 Member

Sorry but that made me laugh, let's drop a chain reaction skill that wipes screen full of mobs in t6 and g-rift

Feel free to do so, you will be one of the rare monks running without it

19. howmakewood

howmakewood New Member

how do you have time to place palms on mobs on t6? when fire bell just clears the whole screen

20. itsamario

itsamario New Member

I have all the gear required to use this perma serenity build with 100% invincibility: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDL4mQk8GGY&index=3&list=PLcKDsqoF983YafcuDV23bem4-PPmo12fX
      I have used it personally to clear GRs as high as 40+ but the bot refuses to use all the skills when they are off CD, so he dies like a retard all the time when he has serenity up 100% of the time... and this is only on t6!
      Any suggestions or can this be added to the list of fixes?