• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Monk - tempest rush

Discussion in 'Trinity' started by Pkt, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Pkt

Pkt New Member

Hi again!
      I know this has been discussed (or at least requested) in the forums, but I can't find the answer anywhere. I'm trying a tempest rush build, and currently Trinity 1.6.3.4 is not using TR as the main attack, even when the monk has enough spirit to keep channeling it. It's being used for normal movement, but once reaches a mob it starts autoattacking.
      I've been tinkering with the code but the best I can get is switching the default attacks for the code inside the tempest rush section (this obviously breaks any other build, did just for testing)
      Code:
      // Default attacks
      if (!bOOCBuff && !bCurrentlyAvoiding && !playerStatus.bIsIncapacitated)
      {
      	bool bGenerateNewZigZag = (DateTime.Now.Subtract(lastChangedZigZag).TotalMilliseconds >= 1500 ||
      		(vPositionLastZigZagCheck != vNullLocation && playerStatus.vCurrentPosition == vPositionLastZigZagCheck && DateTime.Now.Subtract(lastChangedZigZag).TotalMilliseconds >= 200) ||
      		Vector3.Distance(playerStatus.vCurrentPosition, vSideToSideTarget) <= 4f ||
      		targetCurrent.iThisACDGUID != iACDGUIDLastWhirlwind);
      	vPositionLastZigZagCheck = playerStatus.vCurrentPosition;
      	if (bGenerateNewZigZag)
      	{
      		float fExtraDistance = targetCurrent.fCentreDistance <= 20f ? 15f : 5f;
      		vSideToSideTarget = FindZigZagTargetLocation(targetCurrent.vThisPosition, targetCurrent.fCentreDistance + fExtraDistance);
      		// Resetting this to ensure the "no-spam" is reset since we changed our target location
      		powerLastSnoPowerUsed = SNOPower.None;
      		iACDGUIDLastWhirlwind = targetCurrent.iThisACDGUID;
      		lastChangedZigZag = DateTime.Now;
      	}
      	return new GilesPower(SNOPower.Monk_TempestRush, 23f, vSideToSideTarget, iCurrentWorldID, -1, 0, 0, USE_SLOWLY);
      }

This kinda does the trick, it uses TR for attacking, but instead of just moving while channeling, it casts it, moves a little, stops the channeling, casts again, moves, stops...

Any ideas?

2. systim

systim New Member

I would also like to know. i have 11 spirit regen per sec, and 20% IAS so with my skorn i lose 1 net spirit/sec. however, ive adjusted all the minimum energy values to be => 40 spirit but my monk always tries to spam tempest rush at 20 spirit (default in the coding)....not sure why? I've adjusted the reserve amount from 80 to 40 as well. can't figure this out.

sounds like this has something similar to do with the stutter tempest rushing you mention above. any insight is appreciated, ive managed to boost my monks xp/hour from ~23m/hour to ~31mil/hour with temp speed :)

3. vagabond

vagabond New Member

I'm fairly sure it has to do with the bot stopping to loot. Still trying to find a solution.

4. olivete

olivete New Member

Mannnnn i want a tempest rush file working too :(

My bot only use it when have mobs around, I would like it to be used all the time, specially to rush to the next mob.

5. Junky123

Junky123 Member

I've already posted twice in two different threads that I'd find it awesome to get any working code for tempest rush :S
      Got 140k dps and I'm easily able to do Mp1 with Tempest Rush without stopping it (only on elites, autoattacks are much better there :p) and I've got 13 Spirit-Regen..
      Any1 out there, who is willing to help some Tempest Rush monks? :D :D

atm:
      - The Bot is often recasting Tempest Rush, while should normal just spam it
      - When attacking Trashmobs, he's not spamming Tempest Rush, which is the most efficient way (only in Elites it should maybe auto-attack, cause of killingspeed)
      - When going to loot, it stops using Tempest Rush (maybe neede? don't know, if it's not possible to loot while having TR activated)

These 3 things have to be changed and everything will be well! :D

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
    6. olivete

olivete New Member

Just found that with Belphegor you can check an option to use tempest to move, but the problem is that it should keep tempest in use all the time, instead that its spamming it cause you to lose alot of spirit :(

Is it even possible to "channelling" it with DB?

7. GrimVandal

GrimVandal New Member

hmm a tempest rush only monk would be incredible, any news on that front?