• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • More information from ppl who didn't get banned

Discussion in 'Discussions (no Ban Reports here)' started by Vira6, May 21, 2015.

1. Vira6

Vira6 New Member

Hi guys, I was wondering why some ppl didn't get banned. We supose two things are true:
      - The banwave targeted ppl who botted between 29th april - 7th may
      - Bossland said that they think Blizzard used a malware program to scan our computers to find out HB or botting programs.

So it would be very interesting to know if there are some people who botted between 29th april - 7th may and avoided the ban. In that case which antivirus and/or antimalware program you were using? Or maybe you found out some kind of scanning process and killed it?

2. wybjoker

wybjoker Member

wtf did i just read, not everyone got banned, is because it was based on luck, nothing more, nothing less. not every single person who was using honorbuddy got banned, ones who didnt get banned, didnt do anything special, was just luck.

3. Goshinki

Goshinki Member Legendary

Yes luck had everything to do with the way the detected and tracked players... sarcasim for those who are ignorant

4. starlite68

starlite68 Member

the thing you need to realize is that almost certainly, blizz didnt ban everyone that was detected. PRECISELY as part of their policy of making it hard for botters and developers to figure out their detection methods. if they banned literally 100% of HB users, it would be proof positive of detection, but now it's still pretty obviously detection however there is this doubt introduced, this extra confusion as to how some botted and arent banned.

these accounts will just get banned in the next wave. they are already flagged.

5. HBfanboy1980

HBfanboy1980 Active Member

He used the term malware as a method for conveying context... its really hard to think of it in the traditional sense of being malware but it does equal the same thing. The thing is, every online game that means business is using some form of scanning for third party programs affecting the game... nothing new here. The outcry about privacy and the outrage over being taken advantage of are simply a result of a motivated group of people with plenty of time on their hands suddenly finding they can't do the thing they had been doing. So what do they do? Human nature blame the thing that took it away even if it was the hand that fed them.

Sorry got off topic. I truly don't blame anyone for reacting that way either just can't help pointing it out sometimes.

I personally came back to WoW after that date and used HB botbases, Enyo, Questing, GarrisonButler, and... maybe 1 or 2 others I can't recall. I was not banned. On top of that I also added 18 wow tokens to a single WoW account. Not I think Blizzard is singling out people who used HB and then had prepaid gametime, I just wanted to provide the data in case you felt it was relevant.

6. zepwin

zepwin Member

I did this exact same thing, VERY recently came back (literally days prior to the banwave), bought some WoW tokens, etc. However, I WAS hit by the ban.

There's really no way for us to ever know, unless we compiled a poll of multiple fields of data (play time, bot used, ever been reported, time of playing, etc), and even then it would only take a handful of people lying or not knowing specific answers and it'd all get thrown out.

There's no point in trying to figure it out at this point, it's not "luck" based like the idiot above said, it's not like Blizzard went through 200,000 caught accounts and decided which ones should go, and which should stay.

7. Mazzly

Mazzly New Member

I bot on one account and play legitimately on another. The botting account was banned and the legit one, one the same computer/IP, was not, if that is of any help.

8. therabbi98

therabbi98 New Member

I did not get banned because I did not play in April and may, this detection only happened during these months, I was using this bot on 7 of my accounts and all of them are fine i got lucky that i took a break! Please understand now that blizzard is Selling WOW-tokens for $$$ we will get banned much more often because we are hitting the blizzards pocket by selling gold ourselves, if you don't want loose your accounts be careful and when HB is back online please don't risk more then one account and see how we go! I also highly recommend that HB staff make all these forums only accessible by members that have purchased the bot and not any one on the net! Being smart in this day and age is required!

9. HBfanboy1980

HBfanboy1980 Active Member

agreed. a potential act of futility at this point!

10. anonym23

anonym23 Member

12+ accounts not banned. Was using a lot of them before april, garrisonbuddy and one grindbot/farmbot afterwards. Stopped playing with those accounts as the gold price made no sense to continue for me.

In April I was offering honorpackage boosts (12hrs a day with bgfarmer) and questing from 90-100 (24/7) to a lot of friends too up to 5th of May.
      I made at least 45 boosts for people, no one complained/reported to me that he/she was banned.

11. m3rUlz

m3rUlz New Member

I was on a 3 month wow break, (botted 24/7 on 2 accounts before). Just returned on the 9th May and started playing and botting again until tripwire. All of my friends (who do bot) got banned, I didn't. Seems legit to me that the timeframe you posted could be right.

12. Vira6

Vira6 New Member

Please people try to focus on the questions I asked in the first post.

I DO believe for several reasons that the banwave was prepared between april 29th to may 7th and some kind of shady scanning program was used by Blizzard so: if someone who meets those requirements (not banned and was botting during these days) could share any helpful information would be highly appreciated.

This post is NOT for the ppl to say again and again they have been banned, we all now the banwave. We are requesting information to those who did NOT get banned.

13. namook

namook Member

All I can say is might be malware who really knows, I was botting during those times night and day, pvp, questing, using pathed public profiles, hell ran into a few walls while I was out of the room still no action taken against me, just a matter of time if you bot prepare to lose an account. Maybe Blizzard only decided to suspend x amount of accounts in order to deal with the admin problem it would create with opened tickets etc. Anyone can only speculate, generate theories.

14. exdeus

exdeus Banned

no, 3 account banned on same computer, one of them never bot....not a question of luck...i buy token with gold on one of them
      2 other bot until 1 month ago not banned....

i think it's a question of date....something appen at end april / begin may....

Last edited: May 22, 2015
    15. exdeus

exdeus Banned

some acount banned when botting between april 29th to may 7th (toke, buy on one of them)
      other accounts (two) bot before 29th not banned (no token buy)

16. Pocketrocket

Pocketrocket Member

Don't know if that proves anything , but I was told by a GM to uninstall the bot program from my PC if I wanted to add another wow license and start playing legit.

He specifically said uninstall , and not simply "stop using"

I even played dumb and asked where I could find it , he pointed me towards the windows programs and features panel, lol

17. tankleader2000

tankleader2000 Banned

No ban here, played during those times BUT not so much, mostly used bot on garrison butler lite only. I play every other day or two only.

-----------------------

Ever since I use the Honorbuddy zip only, NOT the installer version, and I ALWAYS rename my Honorbuddy executable ever since - if this could help.

Last edited: May 22, 2015
    18. gippy

gippy Member

Well i last botted on the 27th, questing an alt to 100 and i wasnt banned. So your theory could be right.

19. Mimmo

Mimmo New Member

I took a break since January and came back to HB telling me tripwire active. Had no idea there was a ban wave lol

20. ordy

ordy New Member

not banned. 2 accounts used honorbuddy during the period in question. it was only active when needed from time to time for combat bot. running win7 with security essentials and malwarebytes and i rename HB exe fwiw. have been much more active with HB in the past but i'm flush with 100's and get enough gold/resources for me with garrisons so not nearly as much need for running HB recently (lucky for me i guess).