• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • My first Credit Farming Profile

Discussion in 'Buddy Wing Profiles' started by Jwangner, May 15, 2013.

1. Jwangner

Jwangner New Member

After staying up all night and watching multiple how to utubes on profile writing I created my first profile for credit farming. Before I post the profile I would like to reach out to the community for some help.

1. My profile has an area where upon entering the area Mob A is at the entrance of the area and Mob Z is on the exit side across the room. Now what I want the profile to do is enter the area and kill mob A then do a large circle up and back of killing mobs B thru Y and finish by killing Mob Z. I have placed the hotspots accordingly in order from A to Z. Now what happens is the profile runs and kills Mob A but goes directly to Mob Z which I have as last in the killing order thereby skipping B through Y Mobs. Why? Are the two mobs to close together? Should I just use one of those mobs since they are to close?

2. When I created my first profile I placed a hot spot at every single mob. Does this have to be done? for instance in the scenario above, if I simply placed a hotspot at say Mobs A, K, R and Y, would the bot kill all the mobs in between on the way to the next hotspot?

In closing I have been running Trial and Error on this all morning. My average per hour haul is as follows:

45K Credits 1 purple 1 Blue 12 Greens. In this I also included the 1/2 dozen or so security chests.

If I could figure out why it is skipping mobs I figure this could be a 60K route. It is a medium size run hitting several areas so hopefully it doesn't look bottish.

Lastly while developing this profile do I place it out here for the community to test and just work on it on the fly or is there a small group in the community that tests these?

Thanks for helping a very tired Lady out :p

2. Jwangner

Jwangner New Member

Also My name is Jessica. You all can call me Jess or Jessica. For those wanting to poo poo my efforts its Ms. Jessica :D

3. Jests

Jests New Member

Hot spots just function as a path for the bot to follow. While following that path, the bot will go off the path to kill anything it "sees" (anything within a certain radius). The reason it's going to go kill Mob Z is because it's close enough to your waypoint that it can "see" those mobs.

I'm not sure if there's an answer to your problem there. You don't have to set a waypoint for each mob though, I can answer that for you.

4. Jwangner

Jwangner New Member

Thank You very much Jests, I will rework the profile. I had gone to each mob this morning and created a hotspot for each mob. My profile looked like a 2 month old laundry list :) I will clean it up run it a few times and post it this afternoon for feedback

5. Jests

Jests New Member

Hah, yeah I can imagine. My profiles have 6-12 hotspots usually.

6. Ama

Ama New Member

I wouldn't release your profile. Theres only like 6 servers, so chances are pretty high you will run into a lot of people after you release your profile.

I wrote a grind profile plugin too.. you can run it and it picks up the locations of the mobs. Its in the plugins section.

7. pindleskin

pindleskin Community Developer

6 realms? I see 8. Maybe you eliminate the 2 PvP ones or the RP-PvE ones ? I am eager to know why 6 because i don't wanna end up on the wrong realm :)

Yeah that profile plugin is awesome ;) but i need to re-edit it with text editor after i record it and save the profile.
      It puts some unnecessary open quotation signs into the file and min/max levels are not working for me + i have to make find&replace for "," to "." for the coordinates. Maybe my Win7 regional localization issue :p

8. Jwangner

Jwangner New Member

I understand where you are coming from Ama in that after taking more than 12 hours to keep tuning my first profile that I wouldn't want to see it over run with 20 bots. What I am going to do is write a series of Credit farming profiles and what I figure I would do is release just a few so that the community has at least something for those that don't have the time or the will to figure out how to write a profile. I'll probably use the great words of Dr King Schultz from the movie Django "You won't give us your 1st best, not even your 2nd best, but your 3rd best??? You don't want to give up him either but for the right price" My price is the knowledge I have been receiving from the boards so with that I will post some grind profiles but again it will be more like my 30K an hour ones and I'll keep my 60K and hour ones in my coat pocket. :)

9. pindleskin

pindleskin Community Developer

Lady, you had my curiosity, now you have my attention :)