• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [N] Pit of Saron Trash Endless Farm (Battered Hilt + WoLK Tabard Rep)

Discussion in 'Farming' started by Zikke, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Draganos

Draganos Member

vendor run doesnt work.. he just enters the instance again...

2. Zikke

Zikke Active Member

Can you please post a log containing the failed vendor run? I can try to figure it out.

3. atg68

atg68 New Member

4. turbo

turbo New Member

I wanted to stop by to ask if anyone is running this profile on a Warlock? I have other characters that are more suited to run this but since my lock has the Tundra Mammoth and can disenchant I'd rather run it with him. Wanted to see how its going and what spec/CC you think may work best.

Thanks again to Zikke, I'm seriously loving these dungeon profiles you've been putting out. Any chance you could do one for Utguard Pinnacle? Would love to run that once a day for the chance at a blue Proto Drake.

5. Zikke

Zikke Active Member

It looks like while standing outside the instance, you got ganked which threw everything off. But I need to adjust the code concerning these repair trips, because it looks like it ran outside (out of the building) correctly, but then never left and just ran back inside... I'll work on it

6. Zikke

Zikke Active Member

I'm not sure how I would code the harpoon mechanics to pull down Skadi, specifically knowing when he is in range of the harpoons and then activating them. To my knowledge HB does not yet have the ability to trigger events based on chat log messages (like "Skadi is in range of the harpoon").

7. turbo

turbo New Member

Fair enough, I had forgotten about that game mechanic. Thanks anyways!

8. atg68

atg68 New Member

nope, i was watching it, i didnt get ganked. it says "i died" everytime it enters and leaves the instance...

edit: it literally just walks outside the instance, adn stands there for a sec, then walks back in.. i know in the log it SAYS it moved, but it doesnt. ever... I've been running this profile for about a week now.. i just have to mount the mamoth on my 3 min delay inside the instance and sell/repair there. doesnt help with mailing tho :(

9. Zikke

Zikke Active Member

Hm that's odd that it says it's moving around but actually is not. I'm going to look into this (hopefully tonight)

10. atg68

atg68 New Member

it moves around IN the instance just fine.. just never outside... i run it on 2 different computers (work and home) too, so I dont think it's a bad install of HB... it would be super amazing if repair/mail did work, so I appreciate you looking into it, but even with it not working, this is still an AMAZING profile.

11. assassin

assassin New Member

Ran this puppy all weekend...No hilt.../sigh. Although, I did manage to max rep with all the horde forces and get to 32 exalted factions! haha Many thanks to Zikke and his profiles.

12. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

Average AH price for Battered Hilt per wowhead is 3300g for Horde and 3750g for Alliance, so while one of those would be nice the strength of this profile would seem to be the 620g per hour of trash and cloth made and the ability to farm rep that is currently atypical.

13. yt0k

yt0k New Member

Cloth on my server (high pop alliance) is selling for 115g a stack. I've gotten over a dozen books of glyph mastery that are selling from 400g-900g based on the day. Infinite Dust is 200-350g a stack and Greater Cosmics are going for 40g a piece. The hilt right now would just be an added bonus. This profile is generating some good cash, reputation, and is not as risky as running my miner 16 hours a day. :)

@Bobby53 This is the first time I think I've seen you post outside of the ShamWOW thread :p

14. atg68

atg68 New Member

i just sold a hilt for 13k

got my 2nd one about 10 mins ago. Like I said above, this is an amazing profile!

15. tozededao

tozededao Community Developer

do not follow prices based on WoWhead lol

16. Zikke

Zikke Active Member

Okay it is official: I can not make the profile correctly fly to repair/mail due only to the fact that HB's command "ForcedMount" is currently BUGGED and will not allow a flying mount to be used, even if that mount type is specified in the code. I posted about it in the dev forums here: http://www.thebuddyforum.com/honorb...unt-will-not-use-flying-mount.html#post513923

But until it is fixed, there will be no repairs/mail support here, unless you use the FieldRepairs plugin (which I will not do tech support for :)).

17. atg68

atg68 New Member

thanks for looking into it.. just means i cant run it overnight.. just while i'm near the computer.. (i tried the FieldRepair plugin, and that doesnt work for me either)

18. bobby53

bobby53 New Member

tozededao, You've been on the forums for quite awhile and have quite a few posts with better content than that. When I saw you authored the response, I was anticipating hearing some factoid that represented a nugget of value to general members such as wowhead prices are averages across all realms, or that they represent listed prices rather than sold prices so potentially don't represent the true value, etc. Would have thought based upon my contributions to the forum I would have warranted more than a "don't ... lol" post in reply when I was anticipating a post of value from someone that has been there and done that. Good luck with your toon, Bobby53

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
    19. gbriche

gbriche New Member

Not sure if he meant to offend but he is right. Wowhead is very hard to follow for prices. The Undermine Journal is the best place and has historical data for all servers. The average price for all US servers for the battered hilt is 23k. My server average is even higher.

PS - love Shamwow!!!!!!

20. Zikke

Zikke Active Member

I have uploaded a new version of this profile with a completely revamped Repair/Mail routine, so give it a shot. It SHOULD detect after each run if 1) any piece of gear is below 30% durability, and 2) if you have less than 5 empty bag slots. If either are true, it will fly to Dalaran to sell/repair/mail, and fly back (perhaps not gracefully, but it should get there). The HB mesh around Dalaran is SUPER WEIRD.

Let me know how it goes. It worked for me.