• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [N - Rep] Magisters' Terrace Endless Farm

Discussion in 'Neutral' started by Zikke, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Zikke

Zikke Active Member

Version 1.4 (Feb 23, 2012)

Bot to Use: Questing
      Location: Magisters' Terrace (in Isle of Quel'danas, Eastern Kingdoms)
      Rep gained: Shattered Sun Offensive (about 2300 Heroic, 1500 normal)
      Vendor: YES
      Repair: YES
      Mailbox: YES
      Quests: No
      AFK: 100%

No special plugin required!

This profile will clear Magisters' Terrace, use the teleporter to exit the instance, reset it, and clear it again and again until you stop the bot or get Exalted with Shattered Sun Offensive. If you run the first instance on Heroic, it will automatically set the difficulty back to Normal after the first clear. It will stutter for a few seconds near the entrance portal inside the instance due to the Summon Enabler Stalkers (it wants to keel them!), but it's negligible. It will kill the vast majority of mobs in the instance. I had to set the Pull Distance to 15 so that it didn't freak out when crossing that first bridge and trying to target things below it.

To change this into a money farming profile after you are exalted, you can edit the profile and change
      Code:
      <While Condition="Me.GetReputationLevelWith(1077) &lt; Styx.WoWUnitReaction.Exalted" >
      to
      Code:
      <While Condition="Me.GetReputationLevelWith(1077) == Styx.WoWUnitReaction.Exalted" >
      Start this profile anywhere on the Isle of Quel'danas, or inside the instance. It sure beats the hell out of running all those dailies... ;) I did not hard code the looting, so if you don't want to loot (faster runs), then be sure to turn that off in your bot settings.

Known issues:
      • None right now, please test!

Change log:
      • v1.1 Added teleporter functionality after killing Kae'thas, which should fix most of the pathing issues after exiting the instance (thanks Iaria!). Also added Summon Enabler Stalker to avoid list to smooth out entrance behavior, and turned on loot for Kael's body.
      • v1.2 Changed the code to enter the instance to use the GoThruPortal command, which should help some people's issues with entering the instance correctly.
      • v1.3 Added vendor and mailbox support! After it teleports out after each run, it will detect if it needs to vendor/mail/repair and do so if necessary.
      • v1.4 Changed portal movement to MyCTM until the GoThruPortal command is fixed. Now waits for Kael'thas' speech while standing in his face to minimize the chance of skipping him.

View attachment [N - Rep] Magisters Terrace Endless Farm 1.4.xml

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
      M1k3, Croga, Spewer and 1 other person like this.
    2. Zikke

Zikke Active Member

I realized that my original version had the wrong Faction ID >_< so I have since fixed it. Sorry about that!

3. craftiestelk

craftiestelk New Member

Not really sure, but I think you could add the teleporter at the end with UseItemTargetLocation (one of the standard QBs), with the ID of the teleporter (found with dev tools). Think it's somewhat faster to teleport out and run to the entrance instead of running out of the dungeon :) Will try the profile when I get home from Christmas, it could be nice for farming the Phoenix pet (altho high droprate) and the white ostrich on heroic mode!

4. Zikke

Zikke Active Member

Thanks for the suggestion! I remember trying about 5 different commands to see if I could get the teleporter working, but nothing worked. I'll try that one when I get the chance.

5. Retoralic

Retoralic Member

Ran it a few times, works good, atleast if my CC doesnt fail.. since there is not really a proper working warrior CC i cant get the most out of it. But other then that great work dude. With the teleport added in the end of instance and with a good CC people can run this flawless. :)

6. Zikke

Zikke Active Member

Well the UseItem command only works for using an item in your inventory when at a specific location. I also tried InteractWith, UseGameObject, and BasicInteractWith and none of them work.... It's very puzzling, because they work for taking other portals like the ones in Orgrimmar, but not this one.

Anybody know a sneaky way that might work?

7. laria

laria Well-Known Member

PHP:
          <AvoidMobs>
              <
      Mob Name="Summon Stalker" Entry="53488" />
          </
      AvoidMobs>
      Might make the start a bit smoother

8. Zikke

Zikke Active Member

I tried it with that mob in the avoid list first, but then the bot just stands there at the entrance forever. So I figured a few lost seconds is the cost of doing business, so to speak. Is there an Ignore tag instead of Avoid? That would be useful. :)

9. laria

laria Well-Known Member

you could try the NoCombatMoveTo behaviour, but im not sure if its still requires a quest.

Maybe you should turn off looting for all bosses but the final one or at least during trash, so the inventory doesnt get crowded so far.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
    10. theatristformallyknownasG

theatristformallyknownasG Active Member

11. laria

laria Well-Known Member

PHP:
      <CustomBehavior File="InteractWith" MobId="188173" ObjectType="GameObject" X="152.1315" Y="204.0669" Z="-11.95795" />
      Seems to work perfectly fine to use the teleporter at the end.

12. Gandalf

Gandalf Member

Mhh nice profile, but mine has an big problem: after farming the instance, toon gets out of it, HB says "could not creat full path" and then it runs to the north, in the water and dies there :(

[14:15:35:723] Could not generate full path from {12885.3, -7336.42, 65.4882} to {-5.487506, -4.797331, -2.80479} (time used: 6.03 seconds)
      [14:15:57:716] Could not generate full path from {12616.59, -7271.736, 2.005956} to {-5.487506, -4.797331, -2.80479} (time used: 71 milliseconds)

can add full log if wanted... Is more a mesh problem i think.

13. zeldrak

zeldrak Well-Known Member

I noticed that too. However, mine started to come back around to the front where you go to the entrance, but instead of going back to the entrance it ust started swimming back to the mainland of Eastern Kingdoms. I caught in time to swim back without dying, but sure enough my toon was chugging its way back home. Bags were nowhere near full. I had about 60 slots left open.

I also noticed that it gets stuck on fighting Kael'Thas Sunstrider (last boss) when it gets shot up in the air. It just stays up there until it dies. It's some magic spell Kael does. I have to manually move it around during that boss fight.

Other than those two things it's pretty nice. No mount yet, but I did get the Phoenix Hatchling on my first run t hrough. Well, first Heroic run. that was after I noticed the glitch on the Kael while running it in regular.

I'd give you a log, but I have no idea which one it is since I have about 200 different logs right now, and I can't remember what time it was.

Oh! I just remembered this too that it doesn't switch from Heroic to regular, and it doesn't reset instances. It just stands at the entrance a few seconds, then goes back inside the instance to try and run it again. I only know this because after running Heroic MgT I was hoping it would change the difficulty and reset the instance, but it didn't. It ran back inside and tried to do it over again.

14. Gandalf

Gandalf Member

I have exactly the same problems as you!

15. Zikke

Zikke Active Member

The issue you are seeing is that when the bot goes out of the instance portal, it doesn't register that it successfully reached that last waypoint, so when it appears in the outside world, it still tries to go to the previous coords, which will make it run in some very obscure direction. I'm sorry your toon went swimming!

This may be related to server lag or computer memory usage; on my computer it works just right, but I will experiment with it more.

For the Kael fight, I tested it about 12 times on my pally and each time he got bounced up in the air, he would use his (limited) range attacks or move back to the boss. Might this be a CC issue for you? I use Fpsware Paladin for mine. I may forceloot on Kael just to make sure nobody misses the pet or the mount by accident, and turn off looting again for the rest of it.

edit: If the bot doesn't gracefully exit the instance (i.e. by hitting that last waypoint) then it won't keep running the profile, and it won't get to the next command which is to reset instances and change difficulty level. I'm hoping using the teleporter will fix this. 1 min...

16. zeldrak

No need for apologies. I know it's a work in progress. I was offering constructive information. As for my CC I'm using an Fpsware made CC as well. I'm using the Fpsware Death Knight CC since Singular is running kind of wonky right now, but that's another topic on another board elsewhere.

I run MgT with my Blood DK, and it throws down DnD and then since it's too far away it doesn't do anything else after it runs out of runic power. It's not a huge issue since I babysit my bots anyway. I never run them AFK even if the profiles and CCs say it's 100% safe.

17. Zikke

Zikke Active Member

I do appreciate the feedback! I am puzzled because my pally actually "swims" down to Kael after he gets suspended up the air so that he can melee him, and I'm not sure why your DK wouldn't do that as well. I need to test with my mage first, but logic would say a mage would sit there in the air and at least the instant-cast spells would work? I'll try it out.

On a side note, adding those stalkers back to the avoidmobs tag is working as it should now. I'm not sure why it didn't work when I was making the profile... better late than never! I'm testing the teleporter now; that might fix the issue with leaving the instance and breaking the pathing.

18. Gandalf

Gandalf Member

MHhhhh Thanks Zikke, i will also only give costructive critic. It works with babysitning for me and thats enough =)

Maybe my toon likes swimming :D

No idea how to fix, as you said maybe a memory problem ... If i can help you with more informations, only write down what you need

19. Zikke

Zikke Active Member

Okay I just uploaded a new version which includes using the teleporter (thanks Iaria!), and that should hopefully fix all the issues with pathing after leaving the instance. I am running it on a loop right now and it worked 4 times in a row so far. I also turned on loot for Kael's corpse only, and re-added those Stalkers to the avoid list.

Iaria, the issue with the teleporter the whole time is I was using the wrong ID >_< How did you get that ID you used? I used the Profile Helper plugin and it gave me a different number, and wowhead didn't help either.

As far as killing Kael with various classes, that fight is inherently difficult with some caster classes due to the motion. If there is a way I can help that in my profile, please let me know, but it may be a CC thing. :confused:

20. zeldrak

Working much better now, but one thing that needs to be changed (at least from what I've seen on the four runs I've done on my dk) is that the confirmation buttons pop up when looting Kael and they just sit there until I click yes or no. I don't know if that's how it's working on your end, but for me I always have to click yes to actually take the loot from the corpse. It seems to be resetting the instance and using the teleporter now though, and I ran my first run on heroic, so I'm assuming that the difficulty change took place. So far it's working nicely with that one little issue. :D

I'm now Honored with SSO, and working towards Exalted. Wish you could make something like this for other factions. This would be great for rep grinds for mounts. :) Good job.

Edit: Just watched two runs where my toon didn't even loot Kael, but it did swim down to him after a bit of odd twitching. Once Kael died it took off up the ramp and started over again. Maybe do something different with the looting? I dunno. Oh, and I don't even know if the mount drops in regular, or if it's just Heroic, lol.