• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [N - Rep] Magisters' Terrace Endless Farm

Discussion in 'Neutral' started by Zikke, Dec 27, 2011.

1. laria

laria Well-Known Member

Yea i was looking at profile helper too and wondered why there was no npc and no object that has a name which fits.
      Then i remembered that certain things are filtered from wowhead search if you dont know more about them and find them (like removed quests)
      I took the text of the teleporter tooltip and searched for it in the mmo-champion db and found something:
      Escape to the Isle of Quel'Danas - Objects - Sigrie
      then i tried it, and it worked out.
      No idea why wowhead doesnt show it.

2. Zikke

Zikke Active Member

The mount only drops in Heroic, so you get one shot per day at it. As far as looting BoP items, I believe HB automatically loots them and should clear the dialog box by itself, which isn't specific to the profile. Can anybody verify that?

Regarding other factions, I posted a similar profile for farming Botanica for Sha'tar rep (even though you don't get a mount or title from that), and I have a Shattered Halls profile pretty much done, except I can't get the damn instance portal to work correctly... still working on that detail.

3. Roflcake

Roflcake New Member

Anyone running this for gold? If so how much would it produce?:)

4. wanted31

wanted31 New Member

Going to test this and the botanica thingy :)

5. Lipie

Lipie Member

Testing it atm.

Report so far:
      1 heroic
      autoreset
      5 normals

Didnt get stuck anywhere yet.

Now it says that I entered too many instances lately so its killing mobs, which is good =)

Very good profile!

6. movah

movah New Member

Wowhead/MMOChampion

Just noticed that this does show on wowhead now, maybe there was some other issue going on at the time.
      Escape to the Isle of Quel'Danas - Spell - World of Warcraft

I'm just doing research on how to write these farming profiles so thanks to Zikke, Laria, and everyone else for the useful information.

7. wanted31

wanted31 New Member

nice profile, got 18000 rep in one go :)

8. movah

movah New Member

Would anyone happen to know how to do a force mail and vendor items when it's finished doing a run through the instance ? I know how to add the vendor and mailbox information, but how do you force it to vendor and mail ?

UPDATE: I think I found the answer...

Honorbuddy Custom Behavior: ForceSetVendor - Buddy Wiki

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
    9. theatristformallyknownasG

theatristformallyknownasG Active Member

Gets stuck on second mob for me in the garden 36m from target, trying different .cc

both felmaster and singular attack mobs then just stand stil, anything that attacks them they both stand in the same spot, not quite sure whats wrong.

G

EDIT: running as grind bot, so much better, still doesn't face targets, when will there be a fix for this ?
      Still won't run to mages, still just stands in 1 spot and gets hit.

G

EDIT: grindbot and ezret .cc is better, misses imps though :( and tries to target dead mobs

G

EDIT: deleted mesh folder, seems to run a lot better, still won't target imps (pets)

G

10. Zikke

Zikke Active Member

I hard coded the pull distance to 15 yards to prevent it from targeting things under the bridge. Are you manually setting the pull distance higher? The behavior you are seeing with it not engaging the mobs and targeting dead mobs certainly isn't part of the profile. Is "Kill between hotspots" set to True? I think I may have hard coded that as True also, don't remember. It should detect there are mobs in its path ahead of it and proactively pull them.

@Wanted31: I'm glad it's working well for you!

@Movah: I saw that spell in WoWhead as well, but it says it's a different ID than the one Iaria used. I suspect the one on WoWhead is the spell ID that is casts on you and she found the object ID, which is needed in the profile.

11. movah

movah New Member

If you vendor everything, it's about 200g / run

12. ripglider

ripglider New Member

Is there any way possible to get 2 accounts (85 DK and 69 Druid) to run this to lvl my Druid?

13. theatristformallyknownasG

hardcoded to 15, kill between hotspots is on, working now since I deleted my mesh folder. Except everytime I enter the instance the mesh's are downloading again, not sure whats going on there.

Also lootmobs is set to off, so have to turn it on by hand<---- read profile, loot is turned on for last boos.(edit)

Now looking for a plugin thats loots by colour :0

G

14. Zikke

Zikke Active Member

If you download the LootFilter mod at Curse, you can tell it to auto-delete by pretty much any category (ex. meat), rarity (ex. uncommon, greys, etc.) or by specific names of items (including a white list for things to defintely keep). I couldn't play WoW without it.

There is a HB plugin that can delete stuff, but the more you can do "legit" the better, in my opinion.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
    15. theatristformallyknownasG

16. movah

movah New Member

Just curious what would you use to open a gate, such as in strat ? I tried this:

<CustomBehavior File="InteractWith" MobId="175369" ObjectType="GameObject" X="3183.818" Y="-4039.478" Z="107.9909" />

but it opens the gate, and waits for it to close then tries to move onto the next spot. Also what is the trick to getting the XYZ to move inside the instance ?

Nice work and thanks for the help.

17. Zikke

Zikke Active Member

I saw another Strat profile somewhere on the forums recently; you may want to pick that one apart and see. That string you pasted sounds like it should work. I'm not sure why it would wait for it to close before moving, but I'm sure there's some trick to it.

Regarding portals, there is a plugin called Profile Helper. Stand next to the instance portal with HB open, and open up that plugin. It'll show you a ton of information about every game object nearby, including the XYZ of the instance portal. Keep in mind the portal has different XYZ's for the one in the instance vs. the one outside.

18. movah

movah New Member

Thanks Zikke...

The Developer tools shows the objects and position, maybe I can find it in there somewhere.

I'll dig for the other strat profile and see what I can come up with, the one I saw was from about 2 years ago.

19. Zikke

Zikke Active Member

What I do is stand immediately next to the portal and then open Profile Helper, so the top entry is the portal (sorted by distance from you, I think). It's called something like Doodad_Instance_Portal_Difficulty2 or something.

20. theatristformallyknownasG

Anyone else struggling to kill imps ? tried 3 different .cc with my Paly, no good, just stands there, had to use ezret to kill the mages too, just stands and gets attacked from afar with Singular and Felmaster. Any other Paly feedback appreciated.

G

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012