• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • Navigator movement

Discussion in 'Community Developer Forum' started by Farmith, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Farmith

Farmith Member

I'm trying to figure out a better way for my custom botbase to move to another players location,

currently i'm using Navigator.PlayerMover.MoveTowards which is clunky to say the least, the moment the "leading character" passes by an impassable object the follower just gets stuck.

I did some feeble attempts to replace the command with Navigator.MoveTo instead but then i got "Navigation provider can not be null" errors, so i'm guessing I dont quite understand the prerequisites to that method, any and all help would be greatly apreciated! Currently reading through other botbases/routines/plugins to see if i can find a common denominator myself

PS. If some of the gosu coders on this forum would want to act as a mentor to me over discord chat/keybase or something, that would be much apreciated!

EDIT #1:
      Tried doing: Navigator.NavigationProvider = new ServiceNavigationProvider();
      Which got rid of the null error, however this provider doesn't seem to work well inside instances (Such as POTD) ? it just returns a straight line to the target just as movetowards did and not a way around, is this because the dungeon is dynamically(ish) generated and the servicenavigationprovider has no intel on the layout?

EDIT #2:
      Been able to rip o.. ehr. borrow the code from deepdive for this, using the jsons and whatnots there to be able to run inside potd atleast, so seems i solved this on me lonesome.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    2. Bishop56

Bishop56 Member

Thanks so much for replying with what you did! Ive been having the same issue