• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [Necromancer] Blood Lance GR 85+

Discussion in 'Combat Routines' started by Bantou, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Bantou

Bantou Active Member

Hey guys, I've been working on a Necromancer Trag'Oul Blood Lance combat routine based on this build:-

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/necromancer-corpse-lance-build-with-trag-oul-set-patch-2-6-season-11

The actual build I've been using though is far more survivable, so here it is by popular request: https://www.d3planner.com/619755468

Successfully completed GR 85 with this build:- https://www.d3planner.com/853018603

It's a work in progress, and clearing GR70 in average gear, with no augments, and very low paragons. I was hoping to get some feedback to make this routine the absolute beast it should be able to be.

Some Trinity settings it's important to change before you fire her up (it won't be as quick if you select Attack Elites or Minions):-

Trinity - General - Elite Monsters - Customize: check Rare & Champion only

It is now ok to turn on trash, but the new default cluster size is 25, and I'm yet to see it pop cooldowns just for trash, something you guys can play with if you think it should kill more trash, (this probably needs testing). As it is, it kills way more trash than it use to :)

Now simply open the zip file and copy the two files from there and paste into:-

Demonbuddy/Plugins/Trinity/Routines/Necromancer/

Restart Demonbuddy, and you should be good to go. Oh and don't forget to manually select the routine in the Trinity settings to make sure you're actually using the correct routine. Is it supposed to set the right routine if you have the right skills and gear equipped? I did set up that part of things, just not sure if that's how it's supposed to work.

I look forward to your comments :)
      Happy hunting :p

Code:
      Revision Notes:-

v1.0.14
        Optimisation: More frequent use of Decrepify in more situations.
        Optimisation: Better avoidance and movement.
        Fix: Now kills more trash after elites during Land of the Dead.
        Fix: Now uses up most spare corpses after Land of the Dead finishes.
        Optimisation: More efficient use of Devour for Engorged uptime.
        Fixed: Range checking.
        Added: Now uses Emergency Health % as trigger to stop cast Corpse Lance until health recovers.
        Fix: Now Clears non combat targets and bugged targets.

v1.0.6
        Fixed: Sometimes leaves elite behind without killing it.
        Optimisation: More efficient use of Decrepify; better Cooldown Reduction.
        Optimisation: More efficient use of Land of the Dead; reverts to killing trash, including using up all remaning corpses after.
        Optimisations: Various tweaks.

v1.0.0
        Initial Release.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
      Cepha and iamaboy like this.
    2. juxta

juxta Member

bot just plays normal when land of the dead is active. Else it does not do anything and dies so frequently. I even couldnt finish once t13 nephalem rift. Maybe theres a problem with that build, the only damage dealing is from corpse lance and it sucks when there is no corpse around.
      btw I can easily do gr 90+ with inarius bone armor build and have 2000+ paragon.

3. Bantou

Bantou Active Member

Did you change the Elite Monsters & Trash Monsters settings in Trinity. You'll die constantly otherwise and won't be able to progress. And you really need Cooldown Reduction on everything :p

It's not a T13 speed build either, it's better in greater rifts ;) I have reports that it currently clears GR75 ok :D

4. juxta

juxta Member

tried level 60 GR too, couldnt do it. same reason, no corpse no dmg.

5. Bantou

Bantou Active Member

This build is only supposed to hunt elite packs, kill them quickly during Land of the Dead, and move on to find another elite pack, by which time hopefully LotD is off cooldown. The 2 piece set bonus of Trag'Oul's gives Blood Rush every rune, so it drops a corpse every time he jumps, and again with high Cooldown Reduction, that's every 2.5 seconds. I think it takes about 20 seconds to kill a champion that way. Not ideal, but since you're waiting about 30 seconds for LotD to come off cooldown, it's actually not terrible either.

6. Bantou

Bantou Active Member

I should have some time to push out more improvements today. For example I plan to make it much less likely that the bot will leave an elite behind alive instead of killing him before moving on. And I plan to tell the bot to farm trash mobs for the remainder of Land of the Dead once the elites have been killed, and then to continue killing trash until all the remaining corpses have been used up. I should also be able to greatly increase the Cooldown Reduction offered by Decrepify - Borrowed Time. Those 4 changes should make the combat routine a lot more efficient :)

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
      Ronso likes this.
    7. saulocalderon

saulocalderon New Member

Hey, Bantou, I agree with Juxta.

I have 1124 Paragons and I can do GR 85 easily, but probally there´s a problem in this routine, bot just walk and sometimes attack...
      http://prntscr.com/fvs99z

And my set is not bad, I have 2 primal on It.

8. Bantou

Bantou Active Member

I am 200 Paragons lower that you, have only one Primal and no Augments, only half my armor is ancient, my equipped gems are only roughly lvl 70, but I do have pretty decent rolls on my gear, and I can clear GR70 unless the bot acts completely retarded and backtracks an entire lvl of the rift. I do have Cooldown Reduction in all but two possible slots, and I have the option to roll into it in one of those, but for the moment I might keep the 50% Crit Damage on that, although I'm still deciding (45% Cooldown Reduction or 50% Cooldown Reduction: I can't decide :p).

I repeat this build isn't supposed to farm trash mobs generally speaking. She hunts for an elite pack, pops her cooldowns when she finds it, kills it in 2 seconds, cleans up some nearby trash while finishing the stimpack of cooldowns, and then goes off hunting the next elite pack. It's a very methodical playstyle that is very effective when played by hand, and should still play well by bot. The difference is, I'm not sure how to teach the bot to try and round up multiple elite packs, to quickly dispatch them all with one set of cooldowns. I suppose it's just not what you're used to seeing, but if you change the Trinity settings as detailed in the opening post, and focus on Cooldown Reduction rolls on all your gear, successfully completing rifts at GR70 should generally not be a problem for you. Others with a little more Paragons than you, with decent rolls and Augments, were doing GR75 successfully with v1.0.0 and not quite completing GR80. I'm hoping GR80 should now be possible with v1.0.6.

P.S. It's really wierd, I'm getting bad feedback here, and good feedback on Discord. I don't mind the negative criticisms, I know you're not trolling, I'm just not sure why you guys aren't having the success that I and others are having with it. Having said that, I think it might turn out to be a bit of a fickle build for the bot to play. RNG has a lot to do with the layout of rifts, and the spacing and placement of elite packs. And to more closely match playing by hand, I might have to work out how to kite the first elite pack it finds between cooldowns, into another pack of elites to get two for one value off popping cooldowns :D I'll definitely give that some thought ;)

Cheers guys,

All tips and suggestions welcome :)

Ronso likes this.
    9. Helmet507

Helmet507 Member

dies 50 times in a 75 ....my gear is not an issue.

10. Helmet507

Helmet507 Member

4 primals and max rolled ancients, full aug and using the respective icy viens build at 1850 para.

11. Bantou

Bantou Active Member

Yeah, as I said in the opening post, survivability with that Icy Veins build was a problem for me initially too, that's why I said I cubed the Aquila Cuirass instead of the Corpsewhisper Pauldrons, and Replaced Zei's Stone of Vengeance with Molten Wildebeast's Gizzard. I didn't change the reference build yet, because I'm still finding ways to improve on the combat routine, and was waiting to see where things settle. I might update the build reference later today though, because I just checked again now and I also have the Unity ring equipped instead of the Convention of Elements ring, and that all amounts to 75% increased Damage Reduction, 80k health per second regen increase and a 200k damage shield added when I don't take damage for 5 seconds. I'm still tinkering obviously, and I don't think I need quite that much damage mitigation, but I'm just not sure yet. I think that Icy Veins build is for serious GR95+ pushing by hand, and even then I think you're going to have a reasonable expectation to fail the rift, although I could be wrong.

Here's a link to a build that was posted in Discord, with those stats they were clearing GR75 running v1.0.0 of the routine: https://www.d3planner.com/433931666
      That's another variation again, with less damage mitigation than my build, if I'm not mistaken. Hope that helps :)

P.S. Icy Veins has a lot to answer for, "There's absolutely no damage mitigation in this build, and you're gonna die, but hey if by some miracle you don't die, you might win!" :p

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
      Helmet507 likes this.
    12. Bantou

Bantou Active Member

I did end up listing my current build in the OP. And now I'm going to see if I can speed up how it runs in Nephalim Rifts. It did happen to me that it got to the exit before summoning the Rift Guardian, and there were no more elites left on that lvl of the rift, so clearly it has to prefer trash sometimes. I'm not sure that the same thing can happen in a Greater Rift, but if I learn something optimising for Nephalim Rifts that also speeds up Greater Rifts, yayay :p

I'm not sure how much time I'll have tomorrow, but hopefully I'll have some improvements to push by tomorrow afternoon evening sometime :)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    13. Eightbyte

Eightbyte New Member

I believe Icy-Veins is mostly based around having near-perfect stats. With all the cooldown reduction on every item being max your Blood Rush would only be on a 2.15 second cooldown, this helps tremendously in staying alive.

Maybe it helps when you take a look at the LoN Crusader Bombardment Combat Routine, it basically does the same (wait for cooldowns, use Steed Charge when everything is down). But what do I know. :^)

14. DarkScorpion

DarkScorpion Member

Well, I have tried this routine, clearly missing elite is one big issue, another is Avoiding during land of dead. I only know how to fix the avoiding issue. It could be fixed by beastmode from Monk shenlong routine. Also Decrepify got some issue on target choice as well... It seems like totally ignore trash minion, which should not happens :S

15. Eightbyte

Eightbyte New Member

You right. The target elite stuff and ignore trash should fully be done in the routine code on a "per skill basis". Setting it in Trinity's settings ignores them for every skill. Once he figures out how to code those overrides it should be a big improvement.

16. Bantou

Bantou Active Member

I'll have to have a look at Avoiding during Land of the Dead, I hadn't noticed that, and shouldn't be too hard to fix. As far as Decrepify goes, I'm almost 100% certain that it does target trash, but I'll have to take a closer look at it's implementation. Thanks for the feedback, and I'll take a closer look at it :)

I think I might have largely worked our the targeting now, it's probably just a matter of completing it's implementation. It is largely handling the targeting on a per skill now anyway, and certainly should be targeting trash for things like Decrepify, although I have a hint that there might still be a little bug there. I'll keep working on it though, thanks for your input :)

17. Bantou

Bantou Active Member

but I wanna be like Icy Veins whah whah lol :p I'll keep that routine in mind if I get stuck for ideas :)

18. rigel

rigel New Member

19. Bantou

Bantou Active Member

I might have a look once I'm a little happier with this routine, don't want to spread myself to thin :p

There's a new build up guys v1.0.14

It's far more stable and reliable, but part of it's problem now is that because it travels so far through the rift, there's far more opportunities for it to be retarded and backtrack an entire lvl and such. I sometimes make it to lvl 4, that's a lot of rift to pass through ;)

Cheers guys, I hope this one works better for more of you :)

20. Felix122343

Felix122343 New Member

what have I done wrong? character gets surrounded by trash, can't escape and dies. nearly every tme