• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [Necromancer] Bone Storm GR80+

Discussion in 'Combat Routines' started by Lokhan, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Lokhan

Lokhan Member

The default Trinity routine doesn't handle Bone Storm all that well, so I made a routine based off of it, with several optimizations.

Improvements over the default:
      Properly checks for resource available before casting decrepify(keeps Aquila's DR buff up a lot more)
      No longer spams Land of The Dead on cooldown, instead uses it on elites or as an emergency DR cooldown
      Uses Grim Scythe as needed to recover health or essence
      When Land of The Dead is active, Corpse Lance is prioritized
      Uses Bone Armor smarter, when in a large cluster, taking a lot of damage or when an elite is in range.
      Corpse Lance is now only used in range of bone storm.
      Greatly improved Corpse Lance targeting
      Smarter Grim Scythe usage, allowing for more use of decrepify and Bone Storm without losing the Aquila Cuirass DR buff.

It could probably use more work, but I'm not very familiar with the Trinity/Demonbuddy libraries or C# for that matter. If people have requests or suggestions, I'll see if I can implement them. Otherwise, I'll just update as I find areas for improvement.

Build: http://www.diablofans.com/builds/91081-bone-storm-meta-gr-100
      -OR-
      Build:
      https://www.d3planner.com/201640764

Notes: At paragon 1000, I'm able to run the aquila variant of this routine at GR78, finishing rifts at about 7 minutes and 0 deaths most of the time. The only thing holding it back at this point is the bot's need for discovering every inch of a rift.
      This routine supports a non-aquila variant of this build that uses Corpsewhisper Pauldrons instead for more DPS and (theoretically) faster clears. For that, simply cube Aquila Cuirass and the routine will do the rest. This requires a bit better gear to survive in higher GRs.

My Current Settings:
      Cluster Size: 9
      Health Emergency: 45%
      Grim Scythe Heal: 70%
      Bone Armor Health: 90%
      Land of the Dead: 35%
      Aquila Equipped: Yes

Version History:
      v0.1 - Initial Release
      v0.2 - Prioritize Corpse Lance when Land of The Dead is active, fix issue with settings not saving between sessions.
      v0.3 - Improved Bone Armor usage. Will be used in a large cluster, when taking lots of damage or on CD when an elite is in range. Also improved Blood Lance so that it should only use it when in range of Bone Storm, to improve DPS. Fixed the routine settings not being saved properly(I swear, this time)
      v0.4 - Added support for a new variation of the Bone Storm build, made some routine settings more customizable and tweaked the default settings of when things like Bone Storm, Corpse Lance and Land of The Dead are used. The defaults for the new settings should allow for less deaths than before.
      v0.5 - Routine now auto-detects Aquila's Cuirass and Wisdom of Kalan. Decrepify is used more often, even when Aquila is equipped(Will now cast Grim Scythe to generate just enough essence to use another decrepify). Further improved targeting of Corpse Lance, making it target elites first, then defaulting to best target within range of Bone Storm. This should further prevent the routine from casting Corpse Lance on targets nearly off screen. Tweaked several range values for targeting and enemy detection. The targeting improvements have dramatically lowered death numbers are higher rift levels.
      v0.6 - Made it so blood rush isn't used during Land of The Dead. Changed priorities of skills around. Improved Aquila Cuirass uptime even more casting Grim Scythe before Bone Armor when we are already below the 90% minimum.
      v0.7 - Improved targetting for Corpse Lance and made Blood Rush avoid molten. Thanks DarkScorpion! Additional small tweaks to movement, combat logic.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
      mwhaha, JayB75, CrabyCake and 9 others like this.
    2. theb3ard

theb3ard New Member

Great work man. Really appreciate the effort you are putting in to this. Even with my bad gear I'm cruising through T10 in no time.

3. Lybss2851

Lybss2851 New Member

Works pretty good i can farm GR 75 with ease.

Thanks for the script :)

4. Shaziggle

Shaziggle New Member

It works great thank you so much for this. I had changed decripify out for bone spirit just to make the generic build work and not lose the Aquila's buff, but this seems to be working very nicely... Now if Blizzard can fix the crashing issue and lag.

theb3ard likes this.
    5. saulocalderon

saulocalderon New Member

I will test it, but thank you!!!

6. Shaziggle

Shaziggle New Member

Just a update I have been running it all day and have gone up to GR 70. It is working flawless good work!

7. jerrymichaels7

jerrymichaels7 New Member

Hey I am clearing 80 0 deaths in about 8-10 and its awesome! But 1 suggestion I have noticed that it doesn't use Bone Armor enough, like when surrounded and get pounded it could of cast it and stunned them all for 2 sec and decrease my damage because of the Bracers.

8. Lokhan

Lokhan Member

Good call. I'd noticed it wasn't using it quite as often as it could be. I'll see what I can do about improving it later tonight.

9. Lokhan

Lokhan Member

Update: Bone Armor and Blood Lance usage are now a lot better, see OP for detail.

10. jerrymichaels7

jerrymichaels7 New Member

Working better and am pushing higher now! Is there a way to set target priority? So when land of the dead casts I know if I am playing I am standing still for Travlers buff and holding Right click to constant cast Lance at the elites. I don't know whether its Trinity or the routine that handles targets but sometimes I notice that I will move around and also not target the elite or rare mobs first. I have had some times after casting LotD maybe 4-6 secs of casting lance. Also how do I buy you a beer.

Lokhan likes this.
    11. Lokhan

Lokhan Member

I'm actually trying to figure this out right now. With the changes I just made to support not using Aquila, I'd prefer if it kept up the endless walk DR buff unless it needs the DPS. Once I get that figured out, I can work on some sort of targetting priority. I've been wanting to make corpse lance attack the target with the higher maximum health(since they usually pose the highest risk) or something of that nature for a while now. It's just a matter of figuring out how to do it.

Update: I've actually found a better way to handle the targeting and will be implementing/testing that tomorrow. I've also got some improved usage of decrepify (both with and without aquila) that I think should be a noticeable improvement. I'll release those changes first and then see what I can do about the Endless Walk buffs.

It should be easy to force the player to move when appropriate, but forcing it to stand still is a bit of a different story if it thinks it should move. So I've just got to mess around with that and see what I can do. I think once that is done, I'll clean things up a bit and do a 1.0 release.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
      jerrymichaels7 and Ronso like this.
    12. cscarp

cscarp New Member

Hi all, sorry to have to ask this, but how do i use this combat routine with the demonbuddy beta? couldnt find anything on this sub.

NVM was putting in the wronfg folder!

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    13. Lokhan

Lokhan Member

Just uploaded a new version that removes the need to check a box when using Aquila and with vastly improved Corpse Lance targeting.

I believe I can still improve this a bit more. Specifically, trying to reduce(or eliminate) unnecessary movement when Land of The Dead is active. Right now, when Land of The Dead is active, it will target elites properly, but if the bot finds some reason to move while it's active, it will stop using Corpse Lance. And because of the limited range I have set on finding targets, will often switch targets when it resumes because of it's new location. I'm thinking of maybe searching for the best target in a larger area and moving to it if it's out of range on Corpse Lance, along with preventing unnecessary movement.

At this point, further changes get quite a bit more complex. So unless someone requests a relatively easy change or reports a bug, there will probably be fewer updates from here on out.

Edit: I lied. One more update has been pushed. Improvement to Aquila uptime and no longer Blood Rushes for armor when Land of The Dead is active.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
      theb3ard likes this.
    14. DarkScorpion

DarkScorpion Member

I think you may got some issues with CorpseLance range on trash minion, it should be causing by TargetUtil.BestTarget(BoneStormRange). So what I did was mix v0.4, which is target = TargetUtil.BestEliteInRange(BoneStormRange) ?? TargetUtil.GetBestClusterUnit(10f, BoneStormRange);

And I would like to share part of my bloodrush code, which is copied from DH build.

Code:
      protected virtual bool ShouldBloodRush(out Vector3 position)
              {
                  position = Vector3.Zero;

if (!Skills.Necromancer.BloodRush.CanCast())
                      return false;

if (Skills.Necromancer.BloodRush.CooldownRemaining > 0)
                      return false;

// Don't Blood Rush during Land of The Dead
                  if (Skills.Necromancer.LandOfTheDead.IsBuffActive)
                      return false;

// Find a safespot with no monsters within kite range.
                  Core.Avoidance.Avoider.TryGetSafeSpot(out position, 23f, 27f, Player.Position,
                      node => !TargetUtil.AnyMobsInRangeOfPosition(node.NavigableCenter, KiteDistance));

// Don't vault into molten core/arcane.
                  if (!Core.Avoidance.InCriticalAvoidance(ZetaDia.Me.Position) && Core.Avoidance.Grid.IsIntersectedByFlags(ZetaDia.Me.Position, position, AvoidanceFlags.CriticalAvoidance))
                      return false;

position = TargetUtil.GetBestClusterPoint();
                  return position != Vector3.Zero;
              }

Lokhan likes this.
    15. Lokhan

Lokhan Member

Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely be implementing that ShouldBloodRush. Thanks for the targeting tip as well, I didn't consider the fact that it would tag every trash minion like that. I'm still a bit iffy on what to best use for targeting and change it around quite a bit for my own tests. I've mostly just been scanning over TargetUtil and routines for other classes to see what they use in certain situations. I should probably dig into TargetUtil and make sure I better understand what's available.

I've got some other work to do, but will do another release tonight with those changes.

16. Lokhan

Lokhan Member

One last update for the night, based on the suggestions made by DarkScorpion. Sorry for the rapid updates, I know each version is getting quite a few downloads. But it should be more stable from here on out.

infinity likes this.
    17. rigel

rigel New Member

I finished a GR90 with this combat routine.

I love you!!! :D :D :D

18. garrebear002

garrebear002 New Member

Like How????
      whats your battlenet or can you post your gear or something.
      like my bot is retarded half the time
      not that it cant do t13 rifts, but it still dies sometimes because it just sits there lol

19. sadrobot05

sadrobot05 New Member

great combat routine.

and man, this build trucks for 500 bil - 1 tril on big crits... I've never seen numbers like that!

1 trillion.png

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
    20. Lokhan

Lokhan Member

He's quite likely 1500+ paragon, if not 2000+. If I let it, the bot can probably do 85 for me at 1000 paragon. It does 80 in about 10-12 minutes. So it's not unreasonable.

Those are some serious crits. All the damage stacking really does wonders so much for this build. It's part of what makes the build so much fun!