• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • [PAID] NeverQuest - Data Collection Tool and Code Snippet Generator

Discussion in 'Uncataloged' started by oleary, Jun 25, 2016.

1. oleary

oleary Member Buddy Store Developer

NeverQuest
      NeverQuest is a combined data collection tool and snippet generator for profile authoring. Record any nearby objects, spells, missiles, auras, areatriggers, units, etc. Simply highlight the records you wish to use and select a snippet you wish to generate.

What this does:
      Some examples of what you can do with Questing and this tool, by right-clicking on a record.

• Place visible markers in the game world to record paths/obstacles
      • RunTo/MoveTo/FlyTo/RunLikeHell/Blackspot/Hotspot/MyCTM
      • Vendor/Mailbox lines
      • InteractWith or Blacklist a unit/object.
      Some examples of what you can do with Dungeonbuddy and this tool, by right-clicking on a record:

• Stack in-front/behind/to one side of a boss during mechanic.
      • Avoid players/units with auras.
      • Avoid units casting cone/AoE spells.
      • Avoid a missile (projectile spell).
      • Ignore a mob (Gragga in HFC).
      • Populate missing information from Wowhead (some spell names can't be read from game data etc).
      • Generate EncounterHandler stubs.
      • Set ID variables in your code for units/objects/areatriggers/missiles/dynamic objects/spells/auras.
      NeverQuest was developed to make authoring profiles and scripts, like my Felfire LFR scripts, much faster and without the guesswork. Many features are being added to the plugin frequently and I look forward to your suggestions.

Instructions:
      To get started ensure your bot is stopped, enable the plugin and open its settings, then create a new project or open an existing one. Once you start the bot the NeverQuest data tables will not be usable until recording ends. You can toggle each type of recording on/off, and record a whole path or individual spots with a keyboard shortcut. After you stop the bot be sure to save your updated data and go crazy generating whatever code snippets you need.

FIND IT ON THE STORE

Special thanks to Highvoltz and Nesox for allowing me to learn from their overlay code. I wrote my own implementation using the same open source toolkit that they used, and I learnt a lot about the HB overlay system from their code. I intend to make my overlay code available in another free plugin, for anyone to use in their projects.

---

[SIZE=+1]Thread Management Rules[/SIZE]
      The Support thread for a Buddy Store product is meant for:
      Any thing else in a Buddy Store product Support thread is considered 'off topic' and may be deleted. Examples include, but are not limited to:
      • Price discussions
      • Comparisons to other products
      • Complaints without supporting evidence suitable for immediate corrective action by the author
      • Theory crafting
      • General chit-chat
      • etc
      We ask that you please refrain from creating off-topic posts in Support threads.

---

Item: Zombie Holocaust Font
      Original Author: Chad Savage (Sinister Fonts)
      Date Obtained: 24/06/2016
      Obtained from: http://www.1001fonts.com/zombie-holocaust-font.html
      License: The author explicitly made the font public domain in the download readme file.
      "This is a free font, and I mean FREE. Use it however you want, for whatever you want."

Item: Metal Lord Font
      Original Author: Raymond Larabie
      Obtained from: http://www.1001fonts.com/metal-lord-font.html
      License: The author explicitly made the font free for commercial use without redistribution in the download readme file (custom desktop license).

Item: Metal Macabre Font
      Original Author: BoltCutterDesign
      Obtained from: http://www.1001fonts.com/metal-macabre-font.html
      License: Metal Macabre font is licensed under the 1001Fonts Free For Commercial Use License (FFC).

Item: Net Seal Theme - Custom GDI+ Theme
      Original Author: Nimoru Software
      Date Obtained: 20/03/2016
      Obtained from: http://elitevs.net/nstheme.html
      License: Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.

Item: Dancing Flames Image
      Original Author: Junior Libby
      Obtained from: http://www.publicdomainpictures.net/view-image.php?image=24947&picture=dancing-flames
      License: Public Domain

Item: Helix Toolkit
      Original Author: Helix Toolkit - GitHub user group
      Date Obtained: 18/07/2016
      Obtained from: https://github.com/helix-toolkit/helix-toolkit
      License: The MIT License (MIT)
      https://github.com/helix-toolkit/helix-toolkit/blob/master/LICENSE

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
    2. MaxMuster

MaxMuster Well-Known Member Buddy Store Developer

1) Would be nice if we can leave the GUI Open when Plugin is running/enabled.
      Maybe with a Refresh Button, so the GUI not refresh on every Pulse/new Data.

2) The Output of the Coords are wrong, he use decimal points instead of points:
      Code:
      X="-10860,87" Y="-2674,85" Z="9,80827"
      correct would be:
      Code:
      X="-10860.87" Y="-2674.85" Z="9.80827"
      3) And would be nice if we can remove the command on the Hotspots output:
      Code:
      <MoveTo X="-10881,02" Y="-2690,012" Z="9,808398" /> <!-- 2 -->
      4) A Button to Clear the Output Window would be nice

5) For InteractWith Output its maybe better to remove the WaitTime and CollectionDistance (so the defrault values are used)

6) AddAvoidObject is this not a Dungeonbuddy function? When yes, would be better to make a "Dungeonbuddy" tab (like we have for units)

7) What das "Populate from WoWhead" do?

8) Maybe you should add some Screenshots of the Tool into the Store Description.

Are you on Skype?`When yes pls send me your Skype ID ;-)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
    3. oleary

Thanks for your interest :) There is a lot planned for this plugin, and I share many of your expectations, its just still evolving.

1). Planned :)
      2). That will be a typo, probably only on one snippet, I'll track it down asap.
      3). Will fix today after verifying the behavior. Hotspots should be <hotspot and there is a separate MoveTo snippet.
      4). Planned :)
      5). Possibly, I've found these useful. I plan to make many of the settings configurable.
      6). It is a Dungeonbuddy function. As more options are added I'm splitting the items into menus. There is not a lot of use in a menu with one item, but it will be structured this way in the next update. Additionally the Questing snippets will be under a similar menu.
      7). Populate from wowhead pulls missing names of spells etc from wowhead. Many spells/auras/areatriggers do not provide a value for their name/spellname attributes, so if this happens (as I found dozens of times in HFC) you can pull them from wowhead via their IDs.
      8) Also planned. I did make some a while back, but they are outdated.

The above issues should be dealt with in the next update which should be completed in the next week.

I'll PM you soon, it would be good to get feedback on how useful people find this. Some additional features I plan to add include tagging entries (boss etc), generating profile templates based on tagged items, hotkey based recording and deletions especially for hotspots rather than only constant recording, individual recording toggles via overlay (like buddy control panel), esp like overlay of quest profile elements. Of course plans are just speculative.

4. oleary

I have reset the trials as the interface was fairly recently updated and includes the new overlay and hotspot shortcut system. I will get some screenshots up soon.

5. jintsure

jintsure New Member

Question on how all this works. Can I use this to make my own Dungeon farmer??? I am at the moment trying to under stand this is all >.<

6. odano1988

odano1988 Member

I'm interested in this as well, would this be easy to use for making questing or gathering profiles?

7. oleary

It doesn't yet create complete profiles. What it does is list everything and allow you to right-click to create smaller snippets of code you can use in your own profiles. My advice is to take the free trial and have a go at making your own dungeon/questing profile. You do still need to learn the ins and outs of profiles, this is just in my opinion a huge time-saver and very helpful data tool.

8. jintsure

jintsure New Member

Can I get a walk through or someone to explain the how to make a profile thing, and I will actually start making some profiles.

9. arvz16

arvz16 Member

when I was using the hotspot recorder. it outputs, Hotspot(s) instead of Hotspot tag.

10. oleary

I will investigate this tonight.

11. mrmordy

mrmordy Member

Got the 5 day trial from buddystore, can't even get it to record hotspots.

12. Jimmyshotta

Jimmyshotta Member

Hey Oleary! Is this product currently working good for you? :) Having troubles for it to record anything, manual hotspots work but its not recording units, spells etc. Using enyo as botbase, might that be the problem?

13. oleary

That's quite likely your problem. It is working for me using botbases which "pulse". The easiest one to test with off the top of my head is combat bot, but I did use the do nothing botbase which may not be updated for HB3, I'll look into that and/or create another. There is also an update for this plugin coming tomorrow as a couple of snippets needed updates.