• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • 'New' and seeking advise about Exbuddy.

Discussion in 'Rebornbuddy Forum' started by fourseason, Aug 1, 2017.

1. fourseason

fourseason New Member

Hello, and by 'New', I meant that I had quit the game nearly for a year and just got back for stormblood, which means I'm kinda outdated with RebornBuddy atm, and was hoping maybe veterans with free time can answer some questions of mine.

Just a little background. Actually, back then I wasn't really a power user of the bot as well, only use it a couple of times a week, mainly for gathering materials, and auto-crafting. I don't use it for anything else. Although I'm not too knowledgeable with script/code writing, but with basic programming knowledge I'm able to write scripts tailored for my usage by referencing with other's scripts posted here.

My main concern is, with current version RB64, would I still need Exbuddy? I was using Exbuddy before due to it not getting my character stuck while gathering. Also Exfish i believe, there was some specific location or times that my character just won't dismount and start fishing if I dont use exfish. I'm assuming now everything is a package in Exbuddy?

I've been searching the forum for exbuddy, but I couldn't get any relevant hits and download links, so hoping that someone might shed some light on my concerns.
      Finally found info and the svn link after much digging. However, would still like to know whether the base of the bot is enough for fishing and gathering.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
    2. QueenLilith

QueenLilith Member

For your specific use case on the AGP I would say yes. In the end you might not use it very much but if you run across a profile that uses the tags then you would need to use it regardless. Either way, it is still the go to for collectibles from what I have seen. Going to upload some Mining Profiles here soon and about the easiest way I saw to get them up and going was using the plug-in.

3. fourseason

fourseason New Member

Thanks for the reply. I have it set up but didn't try any gathering profile yet. Trying to test with crafting. Met some problems as suspected with my outdated profiles.

"The type or namespace name 'Actionmanager' does not exist in the namespace 'ff14bot.Managers' (are you missing an assembly reference?)"

Will try search for crafting profiles and compare. Is it due to CustomTags don't work anymore?

4. QueenLilith

QueenLilith Member

Hey there and sorry for the long time with no response. I am not up to speed with Crafting yet myself as I tend to focus on Gathering when using the bot. xP You might check with some others or if you are using Lisbeth you can check with that Developer.