• Visit Rebornbuddy
  • New Beast Tribe Profile

Discussion in 'Rebornbuddy Profiles' started by Ken512, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Ken512

Ken512 Member

Could a quest profile expert provide a list with the data necessary for a vanu vanu tribe quest profile? Since the quests for each day will probably be random again, it will speed up the creation of such a profile if we share some data.

2. kagepande

kagepande Community Developer

There are a lot of projects that could be done much quicker if data was shared to the community. Though since its not we developers end up having to make many characters and leveling them all or doing other very time consuming tasks to get it. Just a bit of a rant, but yes, if shared data on beastmen happens it makes it much easier to do though still will take time to make sure it runs correctly and such.

3. mumitroll

mumitroll Member

how could the broadmass help with sharing data exactly?

4. kagepande

I could be a number of things, anything that is used in the creation of the profiles.

NPC Names, NPC IDs, NPC Locations, Quest IDs, Mob Names, Mob IDs, Loction for Grind Area for certian monsters. The list goes on and on, we developers spend hours and hours finding all this information to create the things that we create. By sharing this we could reduce the time needed.

5. jungleslang

jungleslang New Member

Is there any way to run a botbase or something that notes all your stops, exact locations for where an npc you interact with is, note events like say looting an egg and an angry bird spawns, etc? It could even note your flight path to perhaps assist in providing safe travel routes considering what a layered mess the sea of clouds is

Personally, I'd be happy to run a background bot for when I'm actually doing Vanu Bank or class quests or hunting logs, then I could just upload each activity's log.

I'm in no way suggesting that I'm above just taking some notes or just too lazy. I planned to do that for the crafting leve profile before an awesomely eager author took my pointers about the crafting leve database that optimized for you and grabbed it himself. It's just that it occurred to me that while a laundry list of coordinates is plenty helpful, if the program collated the data it's mining from actual playtime well, it could probably result in not only providing raw information on everything from where a particular monster hangs out or which npc accepts a completed quest, but could likely lead to all kinds of insight beyond how to perform task X and into how the bot can perform task X in a way that is more human.

An example of what someone with real programming knowledge might do with volunteered logs: an arcing flight path around the giant crystal and that navigates under the platform to the other side, then turning around to sneeze on that box which would be obscured by housing structures and trees had the bot come from behind on a logical point a to b to c. Suddenly a hundred physical obstacles have just been avoided.

I mean, if I end up less swamped today, I may very well end up taking notes and measurements on locations etc as I do the quests and posting it. My idea may be totally useless as I'm not really sure just what the logs as they are now do and don't record. But I was reading the thread and I guess I took the idea of community crowdsourced data and tried to think of what it could do besides just a table of names and coordinates.

6. kagepande

Doing some thing like that is very possible, even running it as a plug-in is possible, you write to a file everytime a specific action takes place and you fetch and record what you want to. If I have some time after my current project I'll take a look into this.

7. jungleslang

jungleslang New Member

Apologies if that came off a little as "pie in the sky" but it seems to me that the best way to get the data and in a context that provides explanation to why the quests are done this way, etc.

Anyhow, if you do this, I will run it all the damn time. Can I suggest a name for the plugin? "BlackBox Data Recorder" You know like they pull out of airplanes to see all the plane function and what went on and what the pilot was doing, etc. I love when I have a cool (to me anyway) idea that someone equipped to implement it takes interest in.